Diary

Worming hensRSS feed

Posted: Friday 8 July, 2011

by Rosemary at 2:58pm in Poultry 1 comment Comments closed

I've been using Verm X for a while for the poultry but after a faecal sample showed a worm egg count of 350, I decided it was time to revert to Flubenvet. It's such a nuisance to feet though, so I've bought a couple of bags of Marriage's layer pellets with added Flubenvet.

I've put it in the feeders today and they'll have that for seven days. I'll worm test again and see if things are better. Naturally, I will keep you posted.

Comments

denise newey

Sunday 10 July, 2011 at 9:31pm

I've found that after a while of using Verm-X for my hens I had to use Flubenvent as the Verm-X seemed to work for some of the hens but not Mrs Sussex

Comments are now closed for this post.

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2022. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS