NFU Mutual Smallholding Insurance

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 166958 times)

Mad Goatwoman of Madeley

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #1320 on: March 26, 2019, 11:09:06 pm »

As for home bakes it wouldn't work.  He once described me as some who "dressed to kill and cooked the same way"... It's true that I'm the worst cook known to  :dog: and I don't cook for those I like... so maybe I should send an anonymous gift of home bakes...  Maybe I should buy some  :pig: :pig: :pig: first though to ensure I can dispose of the evidence (neighbours not home bakes; I wouldn't want to poison the  :pig: )!

:roflanim: :roflanim:
Voss Electric Fence

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1321 on: March 27, 2019, 08:44:55 pm »
To day I recorded the ambient noise of the croft, goats bleating, chickens clucking, the birdsong especially the blackbirds courting and the doves cooing. Very pleasant . And soporific .

I am going for the lunch meeting, just to be polite of course.
I will play the recording and ask "an office full of Yahoos and snowflakes , or sitting in the sun enjoying the live version of this recording ?
Then we'll see how desperate they are   :sunshine:

Mad Goatwoman of Madeley

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1322 on: March 27, 2019, 11:42:57 pm »
Trying to reorganise my bookshelves. I have recently had two extra shelves added to the six that were already there. I like my books (novels) in alphabetic order of author’s surname and, where there are more than one book written by one author, the books are in alphabetic order of title. I was looking forward to my shelves being tidy but there are STILL not enough shelves for them all. I need more shelves.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #1323 on: March 28, 2019, 06:17:38 am »
MGM I order my books by type fiction, sci fi, textbooks, sheep, horses, dogs.
In the light read section if authors have several books they are in series order or published order.
I have three banks of shelves = 15 shelves and despite having a clear out of the light read books I still suffer from lack of space.  Do I really need to keep a copy of every Dick Francis and Terry Prattchet?

Mad Goatwoman of Madeley

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1324 on: March 28, 2019, 11:15:30 pm »
Of course you do, BM. I mainly read crime novels. My favourite is Peter Robinson but I do have some Dick Francis books.

If my OH tells me again I should get rid of some books, I can tell him I'm trying to catch up with you. Having said that, I also have two shelves of classics, two long shelves of non-fiction, two of cookery books, One of gardening, some children's books for when the grandchildren visit and a shelf of text books - dictionaries, etc. so I'm not that far behind you.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #1325 on: March 29, 2019, 07:31:54 am »
Maybe I should buy some  :pig: :pig: :pig: first though to ensure I can dispose of the evidence (neighbours not home bakes; I wouldn't want to poison the  :pig: )!

Scarlet Dragon, does your home baking have a withdrawal period then, or just an LD50?  ;)
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1326 on: March 29, 2019, 05:37:36 pm »
Maybe I should buy some  :pig: :pig: :pig: first though to ensure I can dispose of the evidence (neighbours not home bakes; I wouldn't want to poison the  :pig: )!

Scarlet Dragon, does your home baking have a withdrawal period then, or just an LD50?  ;)

Suspect it would be closer to LD85!  One of our late dogs (not down to my cooking) used to pick up all sorts of things on walks to the extent that we considered muzzling him to stop the problem of late night farting and frequent diarrhoea!  On one occasion I'd cooked and it was "not to my taste" let's say, so I put it down in his bowl.  He walked over, sniffed it, looked at me, looked at the bowl, looked back at me and took himself off to his basket (a place he generally only went if he was in trouble for something).  That action told me everything I needed to know about my catering skills... 
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1327 on: March 29, 2019, 09:08:31 pm »
Lunch was nice , ish.  Played the blackbird recording and explained my reasoning, a bit of a conversation stopper  that :roflanim:
Offered a position , part time if I wished and other wonderful incentives.
I turned down the offer of very many bags of feed a week ( equivalent ) made my excuses and left.
They are desperate, very much so.
Quite a spring in my step on the way home. :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #1328 on: March 29, 2019, 10:09:16 pm »
Lunch was nice , ish.  Played the blackbird recording and explained my reasoning, a bit of a conversation stopper  that :roflanim:
Offered a position , part time if I wished and other wonderful incentives.
I turned down the offer of very many bags of feed a week ( equivalent ) made my excuses and left.
They are desperate, very much so.
Quite a spring in my step on the way home. :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine:

Should we ask what the job involved???
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1329 on: March 30, 2019, 01:10:16 am »
Best not for now,but it had the word strategic in the job title. Strategic and oil co’s not a good combination,besides past performance not indicative of future etc etc.
Let some other succer be the whipping boy /fall guy . I’m off to wait for the swallows to arrive ,that was my parting comment.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #1330 on: March 30, 2019, 12:57:39 pm »
Starting to panic about youngest daughters White Collar Boxing match at Charity event tonight raising money for Cancer Research.  Don't know how shes fairing (dropped her of at a friends to chill before the medicals in a wee while)   Probably glad to be away from gibbering parents!
Not looking forward to watching.  Do we really want to see her bashing someone else or see her getting bashed?
On the plus side the training has been a good discipline and focus for her after finally managing to ditch the useless twat that had been her partner for faaaaar too long.
And I get to haul the frock out from the back of the wardrobe and give it an airing  ;D

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1331 on: March 30, 2019, 01:14:57 pm »
She'll be fine, I'll wager you're the loudest voice cheering her on !
"  frock out from the back of the wardrobe " wow , I just leave mine there and go as I am these days
Good luck to her any way

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #1332 on: March 30, 2019, 02:45:52 pm »
She'll be fine, I'll wager you're the loudest voice cheering her on !
"  frock out from the back of the wardrobe " wow , I just leave mine there and go as I am these days
Good luck to her any way

Didn’t say I was going to wear it   ;D
It’s a black tie, posh frock do.  Doesn’t say don’t wear wellies, so as long as they are clean........ :innocent:

I’m sure you are right, she will be fine
Thanks for the good wishes, I’ll pass them on

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1333 on: March 30, 2019, 10:14:46 pm »
Let us know how she got on.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #1334 on: March 30, 2019, 10:19:03 pm »
She won  :excited:

Is there something about today?

Started by Lizmar

Replies: 7
Views: 2236
Last post August 12, 2009, 08:35:04 pm
by northfifeduckling
Who can top this today?

Started by cameldairy

Replies: 16
Views: 4588
Last post October 05, 2009, 03:24:18 pm
by sandy
What did you do today?

Started by valr

Replies: 37
Views: 8229
Last post July 18, 2010, 08:31:42 am
by Wizard
So what did you do today?

Started by bloomer

Replies: 24
Views: 5986
Last post September 05, 2010, 11:51:43 am
by ballingall
what did you do today?

Started by northfifeduckling

Replies: 52
Views: 12629
Last post October 24, 2010, 09:43:04 am
by ballingall

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2019. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS