Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help/advice needed please re: retrospective planning application.  (Read 18237 times)

pharnorth

• Joined Nov 2013
  • Cambridgeshire
Re: Help/advice needed please re: retrospective planning application.
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2019, 09:10:52 pm »
Nope. I am reasonably literate but that sentance is a grammatical nightmare.

Dookie

• Joined Dec 2018
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2019, 08:17:02 am »
That's what I thought... ???

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2019, 12:33:54 pm »
Read it without teh other two lines and it's abit better - On 6 April 2012, the Localism Act 2011 made changes to planning enforcement to tackle abuse of retrospective planning applications - Limiting appeals on technical grounds resulting in the granting of planning consent.

This isn't mentioned in the Localism Act
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
  • Notts / Yorkshire border
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2019, 11:35:02 pm »
Did  P  get back to you on Gardenlaw forum ?
His advise will be top notch he helped me ran rings around my local pd when everyone else said no chance
« Last Edit: January 07, 2020, 03:04:03 pm by mart6 »

Dookie

• Joined Dec 2018
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2019, 04:04:52 pm »
Hi Mart... nothing yet... I've heard good things about Pilman... I hoe he gets back to me soon...feeling a bit panicky as the planning enforcement officer deosn't respond to my emails... just worried an enforcement notice will be issued in the meantime. :(

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2019, 04:36:27 pm »
If you're worried, then ring the enforcement officer up and explain things in person. Direct communication can work wonders.
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Dookie

• Joined Dec 2018
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2019, 08:31:59 am »
Thanks... it's a good idea, but I'm very deaf... have to wear 2 hearing aids...I prefer things in writing, too, just in case I've misheard something important.... but I do think it's a bit rotten of them not to even send an acknowledgement... >:(

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2019, 10:47:44 am »
Thanks... it's a good idea, but I'm very deaf... have to wear 2 hearing aids...I prefer things in writing, too, just in case I've misheard something important.... but I do think it's a bit rotten of them not to even send an acknowledgement... >:(
You can explain that when you ring them. Or have someone else with you to take over if you can't hear properly
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2019, 12:00:19 am »
Hi Mart... nothing yet... I've heard good things about Pilman... I hoe he gets back to me soon...feeling a bit panicky as the planning enforcement officer deosn't respond to my emails... just worried an enforcement notice will be issued in the meantime. :(
Dont panic if they serve enforcement notice you can appeal it  wait till last few days  there was a massive back log
could take months then.
You can do a straight forward appeal or submit planning application then.
In my opinion its better to let gov planning inspector decide some councils really tell you crap
Pileman may help you sort it  he really knows his stuff everyone and his dog said i had no chance against my enforcement notice. Council told blatant lies and he made them look like fools.Gov planning inspector was not impressed with them and quashed it

Dookie

• Joined Dec 2018
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2019, 07:38:35 am »
Thank you....the only thing is;  if I wait for the enforcement, (which is imminent), I'd only have 28 days to submit an appeal, whereas if I put in a planning application, I'd then have up to 6 months to appeal & prepare a case ... is this correct?

The 6 months would allow me to save up enough money to pay the planning consultant.. Or can I appeal first and then start to prepare a case whilst I'm waiting for a date for it to be heard...?

Also, the planning application is double the fee if I wait for the enforcement notice, but if I make an application first, then the appeal will be free. Or that's as I understand it... So confusing! I only have a small pension to live on and have to budget carefully...

Would you say, Mart, that it is relatively easy to fill in the forms for the planning application (without a consultant at this stage)... I mean, do I need to have a supporting letter, maps, etc., or can I just rely on the previous owner's planning applications, which show that flood assessment, etc, has already been carried out...?     :-\

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2019, 03:21:04 pm »
You'll need architect drawings if it's fro a house.  If just fro a store then your own drwaings may suffice, ot those of teh previous owner.  Biut you will need to submit everything with your application.  Do you have an onlinr portal in England? We can apply online in scotland for planning and for building warrants  https://www.eplanning.scot/ePlanningClient/

Just found this - dioes it help? https://www.planningportal.co.uk/

mart6

• Joined Sep 2014
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2019, 03:55:58 pm »
if i recall correctly you can play the long game , if the council serve the enforcement notice they normally give you 3 months or so to rectify things before follow up action.
You submit your appeal near the end of this period or you can submit a planning application then  to gov planning inspector instead of appeal,
 He then makes decision not the council planning officer  you only pay the one fee then once. The clock stops ticking then.
There was a delay of @6weeks for it to enter the system when i did mine can be longer. Then you have a month or so if its online application to submit everything , then it can be several months before its delt with .
Think mine took 18 months from council visit till outcome.
Council told me to apply for planning permission i did they refused it and served enforcement notice.
Dont take everything council tell you as fact
If you fancy a long read take a look at what they tried with me
https://www.gardenlaw.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19952
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 04:05:44 pm by mart6 »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2019, 06:05:35 pm »
So, #mart6 did you find out who was 'pushing' the council?  Who wanted your land?

Dookie

• Joined Dec 2018
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2019, 11:31:56 am »
You'll need architect drawings if it's fro a house.  If just fro a store then your own drwaings may suffice, ot those of teh previous owner.  Biut you will need to submit everything with your application.  Do you have an onlinr portal in England? We can apply online in scotland for planning and for building warrants  https://www.eplanning.scot/ePlanningClient/

Just found this - dioes it help? https://www.planningportal.co.uk/

Hi doganjo... not a house.. just a grain silo for storage... circular, 18' diameter... with a mezzanine level...but how I'm going to work out the floor space, though... (?) does it have to be in cubic metres or something...?

Hopefully, there's an online form, which means I don't need to print in triplicate, etc...

But there's a lot of stuff alreadt in place where the other building was granted permission to B1 use, previously sui generis

I'm wondering if that B1 use is in perpetuity or if it reverts back after 3 years...

Not sure even if that matters as I think an art stuodio will come under sui generis, rather than B1.

Dookie

• Joined Dec 2018
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2019, 11:41:54 am »
So, #mart6 did you find out who was 'pushing' the council?  Who wanted your land?

There was a very high profile case round my way a few years ago which involved a large multi-plot traveller site... you may have read about it in the papers or seen it on the news.

Anyway, it took the council more than 10 years to get them off the unauthorised site... there was a court case and it cost millions, aparently.

A few years after, the land, which was still owned by the travellers, was bought by the council, at £1m per plot, to be used for ....housing!

Crazy waste of taxpayer money.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS