NFU Mutual Smallholding Insurance

Author Topic: Help/advice needed please re: retrospective planning application.  (Read 476 times)

Dookie

• Joined Dec 2018
Hello all... I'm new here and hoping that someone may be able to help me...

I have been approached by my local planning dept and invited to make a retrospective planning application for a building (well, a silo) that I have put up without permission. I know I shoud have made an application before going ahead but I was under the impression that it would be allowed as permitted development. Not so, however, and there is an article 4 directive in place. I was told I should use a planning consultant, but I have a very limited budget (I am a pensioner).
I am wondering whether I should try & make the application without a consultant, but I just don't know where to start... 
The land is an acre of greenbelt which has a brick building on it which has B1 use, and which I would like to replace with the silo, as this woud effectively double the amount of available space whilst retaining the same footprint. The sio also looks much better as I am surrounded by agricultural land/farm buildings, etc.

Does anyone have any advice, please? Regards, Dookie

Voss Electric Fence

Dookie

• Joined Dec 2018
Re: Help/advice needed please re: retrospective planning application.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 06:47:37 pm »
One other thing, please... how will I know if anyone replies to my post.. does it get notified by email?

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 09:37:37 pm »
Actually, you can opt to receive notifications if you like. There's a wee button next to "reply".

As for the planning permission query, you've already built the thing, so did the planning department  indicate that they were unhappy with the structure in any way, or was it just a case of getting a tick in the right box?  I think knowing that information would change the way I'd seek to approach this?
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 04:18:51 pm »
What do you mean by a silo Dookie? Do you mean a tall metal agricultural structure?

Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Planning advice needed

Started by hnima

Replies: 12
Views: 1765
Last post August 27, 2017, 04:26:45 pm
by honeyend
Planning help needed please

Started by Tracy mayoh

Replies: 12
Views: 1542
Last post July 31, 2017, 10:13:17 pm
by doganjo
planning advice

Started by Orinoco

Replies: 3
Views: 1897
Last post May 02, 2014, 02:15:29 pm
by Young Ed
Planning advice

Started by Tracy mayoh

Replies: 4
Views: 820
Last post August 18, 2017, 07:24:26 pm
by pharnorth
Planning advice

Started by hnima

Replies: 1
Views: 672
Last post October 08, 2017, 04:11:50 pm
by mart6

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2019. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS