Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: CPH numbers  (Read 2278 times)


  • Joined Dec 2012
CPH numbers
« on: January 10, 2016, 12:39:02 pm »
A friend down the way had offered his field for sheep grazing layer on.  He doesn't have a cph number.  Can I register it under my number?

Buffy the eggs layer

  • Joined Jun 2010
Re: CPH numbers
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 01:27:59 pm »
Yes you can get a temp number linked to your CPH for that parcel of land.


  • Joined Jul 2008
Re: CPH numbers
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 05:08:50 pm »
We use a neighbour's paddock for part of the year and he has no holding number.  I checked with AH locally, and providing I had exclusive use of it,  they were happy for it to be considered part of my holding - so no need to do movements  :thumbsup:


  • Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: CPH numbers
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 02:19:15 pm »
As far as I understood it too Bramblecot.

We rent fields off a nieghbours - they dont have cph numbers.


  • Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
Re: CPH numbers
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 02:42:01 pm »
It's the 5 mile rule i think:

"Owned or rented parcels of land used to keep sheep or goats
within 5 miles of the main holding (measured as the crow flies from the
periphery of the main holding boundary) and not being used by other livestock
keepers, can be registered as a single holding (one CPH number). "


  • Joined Dec 2012
Re: CPH numbers
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 06:18:04 pm »
Foobar that is really helpful thanks very much


Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2023. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS