Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 2784 times)

FourCats

• Joined Mar 2013
  • New York
Hi!
« on: March 23, 2013, 10:43:38 am »
Hi!  :cat:

I am a new member here and don't really know what to say.
I have 4 cats (2 boys and 2 girls) and one of them (a boy) is really big.
I got here by searching for vacuum cleaners for pet hair.

I'll have a good time here! Lots of pet owners  :knit:

deepinthewoods

Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 12:43:14 pm »
hello! i have cats too, 2 ginger toms, arent they lovely. they are my best friends and i love them dearly.
have fun on the forum, we're quite a lively bunch. im sure youll fit in well.

:thumbsup:

deepinthewoods

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 12:52:50 pm »
i should add, i use an industrial henry type hoover, that thing will suck anything up!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 01:54:30 pm »
Hi FourCats and welcome to the forum  :wave: I have 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 geese, 1 duck, 6 chickens, 5 ewes and a lamb
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 02:05:55 pm »
...and I keep lots of things, including a cat who velcrose herself to me - she was given the lovely name of Magic Simba but has ended up being called Blackie  ::)  that's kids for you.

Welcome.  :wave:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 02:49:38 pm »
Hi  :wave: , we have cats, dogs, chickens , ponies and sheep, pigs now and again.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 02:56:57 pm »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

We have two elderly collies and three cats in the house - by the amount of hair on the floors, I do not know why they are not bald  ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 03:59:49 pm »
 :wave: and welcome from snowy Shropshire.  We have dogs and goats and loads of hair.  We use a Meile Cat and Dog which works wonders.  Juwt wish it would stop the dogs from moulting.

The Mobile Butcher

• Joined Jan 2010
  • Whitby North Yorkshire
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2013, 11:16:11 am »
Hi from a cold Whitby - North Yorkshire. :wave:

I don't have any pets.................... but i do have a vacuum cleaner :innocent:
Paul - The Mobile Butcher

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 11:45:41 am »
Hello Four cats

We used to have 4 cats but are down to one (Long Lartin prison staff hit and run casualties sadly)  have you tried a Dyson Animal? Love ours. Oh and  steam cleaner for getting hair out of the smaller cracks.

Lisa
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 02:18:20 pm »
I find not upgrading your specs helps tremendously to reduce the problem of pet hair  :thumbsup:

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 09:49:19 am »
I find not upgrading your specs helps tremendously to reduce the problem of pet hair  :thumbsup:
:roflanim: Brilliant Rosemary.  I find your solution helps with cobwebs around the coving too!
Welcome Fourcats.  We have five cats (supposed to be yard cats but live with us in the house  :innocent: ), two dogs, 5 horses/ponies and 2 pet sheep (aka lawnmowers).  Hope you enjoy checking in to the forum.
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 07:30:22 pm »
Hi FourCats,

We have four cats too! And 3 dogs too... Like Rosemary says, by the amount of hair on our floor all ours should be bald too.

Also outside there are 7 guinea pigs, some chooks, and quite a lot of goats.

Beth

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 09:35:54 pm »
Hello fourcats  :wave:
There is a large ginger cat here too. As well as two dogs, a chinchilla and 4 hens.
We have a dyson animal but it is easier to open an exterior door a see the hairs disappear ( under the furniture  :roflanim: )

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 09:45:11 pm »
Hello from Clackmannan :wave: , I always had cats but since we moved up here and keep a B&B for now, cats are a bit of a problem as they end up in places they shouldn't, however I do have 3 Labradors and did have Ducks and More chickens but circumstances and finances required some downsizeing, so only 4 hens until we move then who knows?
I had to laugh Rosemary
I find not upgrading your specs helps tremendously to reduce the problem of pet hair
  :roflanim:
My husbands eye sight is much better than mine and he notices hairs, I only notice when I put them on to clean and they tend to get stuck behind radiators and around the curtains and edges of rooms, we have a Dyson that we return for re conditioning when its getting poorly :innocent: , as we need one up stairs to keep pet free and one downstairs to tackle the cream carpets....I would go for wooden floors but then you get a build up!!!
Anyway, I am looking forward to getting a cat again one day...when we move!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2022. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS