Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312378 times)

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #1275 on: March 24, 2019, 11:31:11 am »
Discovered that it's very important to keep your mouth shut when dagging gimmers  :yuck: .
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1276 on: March 24, 2019, 10:02:34 pm »
Getting p'd off by my neighbour's latest land grab (about 3m along an entire boundary fence of a hundred metres or so) and wondering what I can do about it...
ground up glass in the next batch of home bakes........ :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Is an error or intentional ?

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1277 on: March 25, 2019, 09:33:07 pm »
My telephone rang this morning. In the end I answered it, the voice said " We hear you're retired " I confirmed this, " This is XXXXXX  Ltd , we think you could help us out with a problem we have, rather we would like you to help us if possible ".
 Hmmm I rather enjoy pottering about the place, looking at trees, playing with the animals and stuff.
Its a toughie , there's an offer of money and its even part time, I might go along even if its for the free lunch ( As we know they don't exist ! )
But , one mind says stay at home and annoy Mrs RTB  , the other mind says its good to get out once in a while.
I;'m going to think about it for a couple of days , so lets have the pro's and con's of working in retirement

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #1278 on: March 26, 2019, 07:16:31 am »
! - It stops you annoying Mrs RTB
2 - Contact with other people outside of the house
3 - Gives the wife some time to miss you
4 - Helps stop you getting in a rut
5 - Stops you annoying the missus
6 - Gives you another perspective on life
7 - Gives Mrs RTB some peace
8 - Better than taking up golf.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1279 on: March 26, 2019, 08:24:32 am »

and the cons are ? :innocent:

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #1280 on: March 26, 2019, 01:26:03 pm »

and the cons are ? :innocent:
You may have to pay the tax man.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1281 on: March 26, 2019, 02:49:30 pm »
 :-\

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #1282 on: March 26, 2019, 05:32:20 pm »
You don't have the same neighbour as me do you?

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1283 on: March 26, 2019, 07:13:42 pm »
Getting p'd off by my neighbour's latest land grab (about 3m along an entire boundary fence of a hundred metres or so) and wondering what I can do about it...
ground up glass in the next batch of home bakes........ :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Is an error or intentional ?

Intentional... double ditch with boundary bank between them - they've flattened the bank into their ditch and gained about 3m along a 100m boundary... I'd planted saplings on my side of the boundary bank last autumn to replace the original hedging that SSE annihilated a couple of years ago.  Of course my field is fenced this side of my ditch (because of the regulations about keeping livestock away from water courses... they don't fence their arable fields...

As for home bakes it wouldn't work.  He once described me as some who "dressed to kill and cooked the same way"... It's true that I'm the worst cook known to  :dog: and I don't cook for those I like... so maybe I should send an anonymous gift of home bakes...  Maybe I should buy some  :pig: :pig: :pig: first though to ensure I can dispose of the evidence (neighbours not home bakes; I wouldn't want to poison the  :pig:)!
Dear SEPA, I'm so sorry to trouble you.............
I think that would be my first approach

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1284 on: March 26, 2019, 07:21:31 pm »
The Voice on the phone rang again, I think I will go for lunch, sadly my suit was gifted to the dogs bed, oh well casual but smart it is then ( clean wellies )

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1285 on: March 26, 2019, 11:09:06 pm »

As for home bakes it wouldn't work.  He once described me as some who "dressed to kill and cooked the same way"... It's true that I'm the worst cook known to  :dog: and I don't cook for those I like... so maybe I should send an anonymous gift of home bakes...  Maybe I should buy some  :pig: :pig: :pig: first though to ensure I can dispose of the evidence (neighbours not home bakes; I wouldn't want to poison the  :pig: )!

:roflanim: :roflanim:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1286 on: March 27, 2019, 08:44:55 pm »
To day I recorded the ambient noise of the croft, goats bleating, chickens clucking, the birdsong especially the blackbirds courting and the doves cooing. Very pleasant . And soporific .

I am going for the lunch meeting, just to be polite of course.
I will play the recording and ask "an office full of Yahoos and snowflakes , or sitting in the sun enjoying the live version of this recording ?
Then we'll see how desperate they are   :sunshine:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1287 on: March 27, 2019, 11:42:57 pm »
Trying to reorganise my bookshelves. I have recently had two extra shelves added to the six that were already there. I like my books (novels) in alphabetic order of author’s surname and, where there are more than one book written by one author, the books are in alphabetic order of title. I was looking forward to my shelves being tidy but there are STILL not enough shelves for them all. I need more shelves.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #1288 on: March 28, 2019, 06:17:38 am »
MGM I order my books by type fiction, sci fi, textbooks, sheep, horses, dogs.
In the light read section if authors have several books they are in series order or published order.
I have three banks of shelves = 15 shelves and despite having a clear out of the light read books I still suffer from lack of space.  Do I really need to keep a copy of every Dick Francis and Terry Prattchet?

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1289 on: March 28, 2019, 11:15:30 pm »
Of course you do, BM. I mainly read crime novels. My favourite is Peter Robinson but I do have some Dick Francis books.

If my OH tells me again I should get rid of some books, I can tell him I'm trying to catch up with you. Having said that, I also have two shelves of classics, two long shelves of non-fiction, two of cookery books, One of gardening, some children's books for when the grandchildren visit and a shelf of text books - dictionaries, etc. so I'm not that far behind you.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS