Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312407 times)

Black Sheep

• Joined Sep 2015
  • Briercliffe
    • Monk Hall Farm
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #1245 on: November 18, 2018, 04:33:14 pm »
Sponging the last ewes, well two of the outstanding three, as Isadora is just too wary to follow the others in to a pen. Will try again tomorrow!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #1246 on: November 18, 2018, 05:21:33 pm »
Pimping sheep :)  :love: :sheep:

I’ve borrowed a cute little grey katmoget tup lamb for my two first timers.  And couldn’t resist popping Quincy my black Wensleydale in with him too - if they can work out that they need to stand on a slope!  Lol.

The main flock (rather grand to call it that - just 6 ewes this year) are with the homebred Skyhawk, who is black Wensleydale x Romney (white himself), and of whom I have high hopes.  He got his final two yesterday when we moved the sheep around ready for Wotsit’s arrival.  (I’m already plotting that if Wotsit and Minx produce a nice tup lamb, I could use him on the new entrants next year.  And call him WotSon.  Lol.)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1247 on: November 21, 2018, 09:16:41 pm »
The weather is awful today here in Aberdeenshire , so I refitted the kitchen , down to B(odge it ) & Q(uickley) for new worktops shiny new sink and taps.  mid range stuff , and since 9am I have been hard at work assisted by a pair of rottweilers and a helpful cat. Not so helpful was the fact that the sink and tap were made in Turkey, I think I would have preferred Chinese stuff !!  At least they have a better grip on dimensions  ???  ) Its a sign of the times I suppose ( sigh )  oh well a little fettling and all sorted , that will surprise Mrs RTB when she comes home from her hols.

Tomorrow I will make a new back door . :thumbsup:

Oh and I had a lie in this morning, bliss got up a 6:30

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1248 on: November 22, 2018, 11:55:10 am »
As you say it's bucketing down today... I decided to wash the car... at least I didn't have to rinse it.  Kind of a needs must situation if I'm honest... I've got an old friend coming to see if he can find the intermittent electrical fault on my headlight and let's just say I didn't want him to have to use the ice scraper to get the mud off before he started... all down to me running up and down a friend's lane to take care of her livestock whilst she's laid up with a broken ankle... Having removed all the mud I discovered the vehicle underneath is brown in colour...  :o
:D  mine is light brown aka white !

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #1249 on: November 23, 2018, 08:19:31 am »
Yesterday was both a great day and a sad day.  Great because I was demonstrating on the Association of Weavers, Spinners & Dyers stand at the Knit and Stitch show at Harrogate.

Sad because somehow in getting to the stand the cone at the top of my lovely new distaff fell out of my bag and has got lost.  It is a good job I had not intended to spend all day spinning flax and I had oodles of other fibre to play with.

The stand is Q4 for those who still wish to visit the show but different guilds are manning it each day.

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #1250 on: November 24, 2018, 09:52:49 pm »
today I have topped two fields.  Mainly to cut back the rushes and rain due with us next week so probably last chance this year.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1251 on: November 24, 2018, 11:28:04 pm »
Crocheting Christmas gifts.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1252 on: November 27, 2018, 09:15:24 pm »
Went to get straw, that made it rain  :raining:   then the wind picked up , I was glad to get home and spend the next 4 hours stacking it in the steading...in the dry

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1253 on: November 30, 2018, 06:26:44 pm »
repairing storm damage

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #1254 on: November 30, 2018, 08:12:20 pm »
Working hard on the farm trying to keep warm. Then sat at my model desk building my Fw190 (it's an aircraft). It's nearly my children's bedtime so it'll be vodka o'clock then  :excited:
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1255 on: November 30, 2018, 09:04:04 pm »
Working hard on the farm trying to keep warm. Then sat at my model desk building my Fw190 (it's an aircraft). It's nearly my children's bedtime so it'll be vodka o'clock then  :excited:

Do not combine the two

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #1256 on: November 30, 2018, 09:16:21 pm »
Oh i'm not combining the two. I've already super-glued my fingers together tonight so i'll quit whilst i'm ahead  :innocent:

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #1257 on: December 04, 2018, 11:48:58 am »
Oh i'm not combining the two. I've already super-glued my fingers together tonight so i'll quit whilst i'm ahead  :innocent:
If working with tiny stuff to be glued consider these very small dental cotton points as brushes:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500Pcs-Dental-Disposable-Applicator-Micro-Brush-Cotton-Stick-1-5-2-0-2-5mm-S-M-L/292476741850?hash=item4418f8e8da:m:mGbWqiYWkYaN8xTWIpNRmNg:rk:4:pf:0

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1258 on: December 14, 2018, 11:12:27 pm »
reclaiming the driveway from the encroaching verge, gained a foot each side ( width, not limb ) ,50 odd yards took all day  in the gales and wintry showers

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #1259 on: December 21, 2018, 07:38:02 pm »
Today i have mainly been recovering from getting run over by a sow. So i'm giving therapy to my aching bones with Strongbow Dark Fruits  :excited:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS