Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 331549 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #1155 on: August 18, 2018, 06:52:15 pm »
mucking out calf sheds, bedding down and giving plenty of cuddles to them  :D helping move buffalo onto fresh grazing
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #1156 on: August 20, 2018, 08:11:54 am »
doing an early morning check of the buffalo, noticed the bull following one of the milkers (pleased about this) and a few others due for calving, wishing they'd hurry up with putting the fat on their bags (keep telling myself patience haha). Will be doing some weeding in the garden later and pruning back the tomato plants. Then cleaning out the calves and putting fresh bedding down for them.
Hope you guys have an awesome day ;)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1157 on: August 20, 2018, 08:00:12 pm »
I don't really know  :thinking:  it wasn't work, nothing of note on the croft, went out somewhere, and came back, now I'm here, strange day , busy doing nothing   (© Flanders and Swann)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1158 on: August 20, 2018, 10:43:57 pm »
Recovering from two weeks of looking after my mum. I know my poor health has contributed to the exhaustion I am feeling but I do so admire people who work with those with dementia.

smhowie

• Joined May 2014
  • irvine, ayrshire, scotland
« Reply #1159 on: August 21, 2018, 07:18:11 am »
Making rosettes for the fly-ball club.
which club wife and son with the killie flyers

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1160 on: August 21, 2018, 09:28:20 pm »
Logging trees for 2020 winter and chipping brash, boy was that a killer on the knees !!.
Going into work tomorrow , just to see whats happening  :sunshine:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1161 on: August 23, 2018, 06:38:24 pm »
Attended my final TUPE meeting with my new employer. I'm a little confused as is my union rep who came with me.
Yes I have a job on the 3rd of Sept but its in Aberdeen, but to report to the Peterhead  location I work from,no they don't have a vehicle for me and it will eventually involve a 500 mile a week commute ! Many other questions met with " hadn't thought of that " replies.
Tomorrows word is  Trepidation  ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1162 on: August 23, 2018, 10:37:50 pm »
That's some commute, RB. Are you going to take it?

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1163 on: August 24, 2018, 06:09:26 am »
The commuting issue was addressed in 2014 change , union having a go but wont hold my breath,new company doing utmost to avoid redundancy payments (a big stick is involved). One week to "D" day, I have no idea what is happening,not even where I report for work on the 3rd  ;D ;D ;D .

As you can imagine I may have to revert to my previous occupation of night soil collector  ( feels like I'm doing it already  ;D ;D  )

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1164 on: August 24, 2018, 11:55:01 am »
And it gets better. The agency workers (paid through agency's payroll) have been told they are now regarded as self-employed  !
I may bring popcorn in next week . They have sought legal representation.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1165 on: August 25, 2018, 08:25:36 pm »
Having repaired the Dyson vacuum cleaner, did some housework I put my feey up and having a bottle of my mead made sept 2017, it is loverly  and I wont care I think if the Dogs howl at the mo0on  :dog:
I cant tell if its my knees given way or its the mead,who cares anyway !!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #1166 on: August 30, 2018, 02:55:30 pm »
took dogs for a run to see buffalo, fed calves and slept most of this afternoon, bad nights lately. So not much going on... ;D

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1167 on: August 31, 2018, 09:25:09 pm »
mainly saying goodbye , Oh and watching the swallows, and the deer and fawns in the hay park, but too scared to move for fear of startling them.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1168 on: September 01, 2018, 02:39:31 pm »
Chainsawing wood  with a vengeance maybe you can guess why ,then its a Chinese (meal) in advance for our wedding anniversary later in the week.
 and not answering the phone or texts

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #1169 on: September 01, 2018, 06:58:18 pm »
Feeding calves, checking animals, some gardening and then hanging out with a couple of my friends :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS