Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 332234 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #1140 on: July 26, 2018, 09:37:26 pm »
Meeting my new employers, who attempted death by power point. I'm yet to form an opinion, but I'm a bit of an old school dinosaur that uses plain speech straight to the point and takes no shortcuts .
Mind you an interview upstairs ( no lift ) for a ripple such as myself was defiantly a winner  :roflanim:

Time will tell

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1141 on: July 27, 2018, 10:46:09 am »
Congratulations, I hope it works out for you!  Powerpoint's not too bad as long as it's short bullet reminders... nothing worse than the entire speech being read from the slides with whizzy bits and sound!  And the clincher is when you ask a question about an acronym on the slide and the presenter can't explain it... then you really know what you're dealing with!
So you were in the same room then!!
Chap presenting it didn't compose it,read it out including mistakes. Asking questions threw him a bit finance directors eh !

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #1142 on: July 27, 2018, 03:57:17 pm »
Slight detour.....
I’m on a committee that does several power point presentations at each meeting and e v e r y  w o r d is read out.  And acronyms........
Here’s me thinking I must be missing something, when in fact.........

Thanks RTB and scarlet.dragon for making those meetings a bit more amusing, well for me anyway.

Back on track....
Spent last few days wondering what the **** I’m still doing at my place of work.
Boss can’t make up mind as to what’s to be done/prioritised.   Actually staff know what’s to be done but boss just flexing muscles to show who is actually the boss.  And that’s the annoying bit.  Been there quite a few years now and I know how things should work, but suddenly all these new ideas are coming out! Really that’s what I’ve been doing for the past zillion years (well 4)! How the new chef hasn’t been sacked for some of his comments!!! I known why, cos at the moment he’s irreplaceable, new business venture and all that......
At least work isnt boring.   I think everyone takes bets to see how far into the day I get before I explode/say very bad words.  Some days not very far  >:(    :roflanim:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1143 on: July 27, 2018, 11:20:16 pm »
The company I work/ed for is going  through the same turmoil, once run by people that knew the business , now run by pointy shoe wearing money men viewing for a bit of carpet in front of the desk ( bonus ) with their new and good ideas, the experienced men / women  leave / retire.
This afternoon I was asked to work tomorrow, Saturday, running a base as ,
 i; you know how things work,
 ii: you can get the agency staff to work for you,
 iii: there is no one else to work, having left/retired/lost interest having been told you're all doomed !

At this point I must declare that I am a truck driver ( for the moment )  albeit with an extensive skill set and I could  effectively do the job asked but as I am one of the doomed (end of August )  I have declined on the grounds of whatever and a pressing need to watch rainfall ! :raining:
oops rant button pushed  :innocent:
SD sign me up for the power point power point meeting , maybe we could touch base over this and going forward incentivise a group to cascade this exciting project across the ...blah blah blah.
 ps, I can bring my own crayons too.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #1144 on: July 28, 2018, 07:57:09 am »
Scarlet.Drangon me too please.
I don’t have crayons but I can bring cake   :innocent:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1145 on: July 28, 2018, 07:53:58 pm »
Driving and hating the M6. OH and I went to Fibre East but the two hour drive turned into a three and a half hour drive, which is more than my body can cope with particularly when I have to drive home as well, with several hours in my wheelchair in between. It was my first time at Fibre East and it will definitely be the last. Got my feet up now. OH has been left to get himself some toast for his dinner.  ::)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1146 on: July 29, 2018, 01:02:23 pm »
I couldn't sleep well last night, so as soon as it was light I started digging up the damaged sewer pipe, fixed that and back filled it . seems to be ok. I came in for brunch and it started raining , now that was lucky timing

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #1147 on: July 29, 2018, 09:07:43 pm »
Doing a 185 mile round trip on the A1 in pouring rain.  Got to see some nice sheep and bring a new ram home with us.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1148 on: August 06, 2018, 07:50:11 pm »
Preparing for a presentation to be made on behalf of my employer ( foolish I know, I leave them in 3 weeks ! )  A site visit to Montrose  Harbour and then home .

Sitting bear ( geddit ! ) chested  in the yard in the warmth of the sun ,fanned by the wings of the swallows playing and hunting around me has slowed down the production of my notes by sheer distraction.

valmet10

• Joined Mar 2016
« Reply #1149 on: August 07, 2018, 09:01:46 pm »
sweating ,sorting sheep

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1150 on: August 07, 2018, 09:09:23 pm »
At the appointed hour , 07:00 I am ready and waiting , my presentation equipment is set up ( AO size flip board , and crayons ,child safe and no Voc's ).
My pitch is to be 45 mins + 10 for questions.
The first attendee is on time , better be, he's the CEO ! The others strangle in between 07:05 and 07:15 . Two of them actually have breakfast cereal in bowls with them . Is this the done thing these days?
Do the usual to start , Fire exits , toilets etc etc. Then do my pitch, hand out a written synopsis for the hard of hearing / attention deficient. Those that have paid attention ask questions. and at 07:55 wrap up.
My CEO closes with the "thank you for coming along although some of you appear to be chronologically challenged seven AM means seven "

I suppressed a grin a Cheshire cat would have been proud of , and having had a cup of coffee with the boss I returned to driving my truck, such is life.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1151 on: August 08, 2018, 10:35:13 am »
....and this morning I am prepared for my tupe one to one meeting only to be told 5mins beforehand that it's cancelled, so today I will mainly be driving a knackered old truck ideal for a knackered old driver!!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1152 on: August 08, 2018, 10:01:35 pm »
Packing up and driving home after visiting my mum for her 88th birthday. She’s coming back with us for 9 days then going to my daughter’s for two weeks. It’s lovely that I still have her but, sadly, she has vascular dementia so I’ve been answering the same questions over and over.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1153 on: August 10, 2018, 06:01:26 am »
Attending my rescheduled meeting

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1154 on: August 18, 2018, 03:50:34 pm »
Not going to a show  :'(  Mrs RTB going so its the housework,milking and general goatherding for me .
And trying to unwind after a stressful week as my troubled employer managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of success , after a lot of hard work, I understand there wont be a leaving collection for the "executive" concerned.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS