Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312371 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #105 on: July 12, 2015, 11:37:08 pm »
Milked and fed goats, cleared up dog poo, packed my lunch, went to church, left before the end because I was on Samaritan duty at 1pm, came home and fell asleep, late dinner, late milking, late watering - I could barely see the greenhouse, let alone the tomatoes - and it's nearly bedtime again.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2015, 12:39:13 am »
-.  I have also been feeding the local clegg (horseflies) population and the result is I have been left with lumps everywhere   >:( Dam things love me for some reason.
same here. ended up at A&E last year, wanted to keep me in for intravenous antibiotics, have to take 'Piriton' tablets as soon as I get bitten, currently 2 blister like swellings on my hand from todays bites, if not for the tablets my whole hand would be like a balloon (literally). It's clegs not the bigger horsefly that I have problems with.
Today - cutting and piling thistles, that's our field done, now to start on rented out field, looks like tenant isn't going to bother (again) even though he gets it cheap with the agreement he controls the weeds. Time to find a new tenant.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #107 on: July 13, 2015, 12:47:38 pm »
....hiding from the rain  :raining:
Is it time to retire yet?

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2015, 01:56:44 pm »
Making ice cream and cleaning up the house
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2015, 02:12:31 pm »
Same as Kimbo and also being at war with Fakro (roof lights that REALLY bring the outside inside  :gloomy:)

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #110 on: July 13, 2015, 07:37:32 pm »
Searching for and trying to round up bullocks, the beggars!!

verdifish

• Joined Jan 2013
  • banffshire
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2015, 08:00:25 pm »
Mowed the front lawn,shod a few frisky horses ,moved an ibc to the other side of the field by hand ( it was empty but still no fun) Cooke fsmnutters dinner and now watching last nights Dragons Den !

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2015, 08:52:30 pm »
stuck in the kitchen!
2 kgs of jam, 30 bread rolls, 5 litres of tomato soup, 2 lemon drizzle cakes, 2 choc and beetroot cakes and 3 litres of strawberry cordial and I'm done for the day!
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2015, 09:44:24 pm »
stuck in the kitchen!  2 kgs of jam, 30 bread rolls, 5 litres of tomato soup, 2 lemon drizzle cakes, 2 choc and beetroot cakes and 3 litres of strawberry cordial and I'm done for the day!
We'll be up tomorrow to collect them  :excited:
Thanks

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #114 on: July 13, 2015, 10:14:17 pm »
stuck in the kitchen!
2 kgs of jam, 30 bread rolls, 5 litres of tomato soup, 2 lemon drizzle cakes, 2 choc and beetroot cakes and 3 litres of strawberry cordial and I'm done for the day!

Sounds like my kind of lunch  8) 8)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: July 13, 2015, 10:30:21 pm »
would much rather have been outside with my girls  :goat:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2015, 01:57:31 pm »
..... getting too hot   >:(

What is it with this weather?  :huff:
Is it time to retire yet?

Rhea

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Wye Valley
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2015, 04:45:51 pm »
Spending time with my two weaners who are off to the abattoir tomorrow  :yum:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2015, 05:17:00 pm »
Fed everything then went to the nurse for a blood test. Came home and mucked out, pick up dropping in two paddocks, put on the washing. Took in Toto and Dolly, let Pitstop have his one hour in the paddock.  Hung out the washing. After lunch Emma and I worked Toto and Dolly both in full tack now. Emma got on both and we had a wee walk about. Had a quick clean round the cottage and I have just put tea on. Still the pollytunnel to water and Pitstop to hay for the night.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #119 on: July 14, 2015, 09:18:47 pm »
Fed everything then went to the nurse for a blood test. Came home and mucked out, pick up dropping in two paddocks, put on the washing. Took in Toto and Dolly, let Pitstop have his one hour in the paddock.  Hung out the washing. After lunch Emma and I worked Toto and Dolly both in full tack now. Emma got on both and we had a wee walk about. Had a quick clean round the cottage and I have just put tea on. Still the pollytunnel to water and Pitstop to hay for the night.

That made me feel tired just reading that !, better take yesterday off to recover  :-J

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS