Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 332168 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #90 on: July 11, 2015, 04:54:06 pm »
oooooh! Im so jealous. Cherries are my favourite fruit
Mine too. No recipe, just eat them as they are

Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2015, 05:24:55 pm »
Agree.  Recipe is :

• Pick
  • Pop in mouth
  • Chew
  • Spit stone
;D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2015, 05:37:19 pm »
Laying more slabs, I both love and hate council grey slabs, I love they are durable and cheap... I dislike the fact they are so heavy to lay, 55 laid this week, all done for now...

Oh and whilst I'm moaning, the grit in my hair from the diamond slab cutting saw is ridiculous...

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2015, 08:16:18 pm »
Today I been mainly scything (again).  I wasted a bit of time watching Junior (our only gosling) having a swimming lesson given by his whole family in the geeses new pool.  I trimmed overhanging and dead wood from the tangle that is our 4 acres of woodland and the BH has got on with more work with the new goat and Shetland pony stable.  Roof is ready to go on now  :excited: .

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2015, 12:14:20 am »
Mainly partying. Our branch of Street Pastors is four years old and we had to celebrate. It was this afternoon as one team is now out doing their bit on the streets of Telford.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2015, 05:15:26 pm »
Having a serious discussion with my 11 year old grandson (who has low spectrum autism) on the sex life of poultry. He has been having sex education lessons at school and, like most autistic children worries about things until he understands them completely.
When I was about 14 I asked an elder sister what sex was. Sex, she told me was what posh people got their coal in!!

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2015, 07:28:41 pm »
Today I have been mostly fencing  :-[

and hanging a gate  :roflanim:

And the professionals make this stuff look so easy as well!!  :innocent:
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2015, 08:11:58 pm »
Practice makes perfect Womble :) :)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2015, 08:43:59 pm »
Today was mainly a chill out day as I over did it a bit this week,

Church this morning,

Lazy sheep watching session,

Sofa time...

Must admit am now deeply amused by wombles gates, although he's such a nice chap I won't mention it when I next see him :-D

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2015, 09:04:53 pm »
Apart from rescuing newts out of water barrels I decided to pick the cherries - 12lbs - some fell into my mouth too.
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2015, 09:13:04 pm »
Building another raised bed. As we are on a steep slope with a high water table it's the only way to get anything to grow but getting the damned things level is a huge job and involves lugging lots of bigs stone around as well as the sleepers.

Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2015, 09:42:22 pm »
...giving our new shed a lick of paint.  I have also been feeding the local clegg (horseflies) population and the result is I have been left with lumps everywhere   >:( Dam things love me for some reason.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2015, 09:44:27 pm »
clipping the rest of the sheep.

Hard work, but it's a good feeling knowing they are all finally done.   :relief:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2015, 09:48:32 pm »
.............. lazing around with short bursts of activity  :tired:

Didn't sleep well last night  :tired:, so at 8 when the dogs wanted out I was grumpy  >:( >:(  ; I fed them, took my own breakfast back to bed with me, lay and read the end of my werewolf/vampire/witchie book (kindle not real book - too heavy for my painful muscles); nodded off a bit,  :tired: woke at 10.30 and leapt out of bed remembering the ducklings and hens hadn't been fed and watered.  :-[

Sorted them out, then my pal called to ask if I fancied going to a car boot sale at Falkirk, picked her and her family up and off we went.  Loads of tat around  :innocent:, got plenty at home, so bought nothing, then found a large trailer stall with a great range of plants. :excited:

Bought some 'probably too late to do anything' begonias and cineraria, a wee hebe, a couple of grasses for  by the pond and a stipa gigantica (I think)

A wee cheese sandwich, cup of coffee  :yum: and half an hour of TV later, and I was ready to do some planting.  Got them all in bar two. A wander around in the sunshine next, chatting to my hens and ducklings, hosepiped their runs and filled their water tubs, chased the dogs with the spray  :yippee:

Had a cuppa with Irene, then came home to play with the dogs for a bit - some fun training  :innocent: 

Tea time next  :hungry: then some chill time playing games on here  :excited: before bed.  :relief:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2015, 09:53:50 pm »
other than feeding chickens, feeding goats, putting new bed frames together, making 2 batches of bread and raking up cuttings from OH's strimming the other day ......I had a day off  :-J
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS