Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Corona Virus  (Read 29027 times)

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Corona Virus
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2020, 04:03:10 pm »
Nah!  Ride a bike:  Helmet, visor, gloves, whole-body protective clothing, keeping your distance and if someone does sneeze, you can be out of there before the virus particles settle  ;D

Can't imagine Tesco (other supermarkets available) is going to be too happy with folk biking up and down the aisles, with or without viral protection equipment, LOL.
My brother once saw someone using their golf buggy in a Tesco store.  (Apparently, however, the driver seemed to have no obvious mobility issues when exiting the buggy to pick his product choices off the shelves ! ) 

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2020, 04:09:15 pm »
I have a plan!!!
 Instead of isolating at home I'm going to use the car. All airvents ae stuffed with cotton wool soaked in overproof rum. I now drive without a cAr3 1n The VV0r..l...d..

You lost me pgkevet at the "I now drive without a ...."

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2020, 07:45:16 pm »
I have a plan!!!
 Instead of isolating at home I'm going to use the car. All airvents ae stuffed with cotton wool soaked in overproof rum. I now drive without a cAr3 1n The VV0r..l...d..

You lost me pgkevet at the "I now drive without a ...."

" care in the world"  :eyelashes:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2020, 10:59:00 pm »
Nah!  Ride a bike:  Helmet, visor, gloves, whole-body protective clothing, keeping your distance and if someone does sneeze, you can be out of there before the virus particles settle  ;D

Can't imagine Tesco (other supermarkets available) is going to be too happy with folk biking up and down the aisles, with or without viral protection equipment, LOL.

You leave your bike in the car park but magically you still have your protective clothing on.  It is a bit of a struggle to get 2 x 9pack of bogrolls up the front of your jacket though  :innocent:
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2020, 11:33:32 pm »
I have a plan!!!
:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2020, 12:38:47 pm »
Inspiring words for a time of crisis:
Breathe in.

Try not to expire..

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2020, 12:40:45 pm »
Inspiring words for a time of crisis:
Breathe in.

Try not to expire..

:roflanim:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2020, 02:58:37 pm »
My daughter and granddaughter were here earlier - all of us exercising social distancing - air hugs  :hug: and blowing hand kisses.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

As usual 'Katie-the-animal-daft-grandchild-more-like-grannie-than-mum' (13 tomorrow) was petting the dogs. 
After they went I wiped all the surfaces they'd touched - chairs, doorhandles, coat hook etc, then went on to wipe the dogs. 
Their body language was hilarious - you'd have thought i was going to kill them.   :innocent:  Squealing like babies about to get a jab,  :roflanim: rolling on their backs in submission, legs in the air  :roflanim: , tummies exposed waiting for the lethal dagger  :roflanim: , ears back and down, backing away from me  :eyelashes:  - ME??????  - the hand that feeds them and cuddles them when they don't feel 100%

I feel so unwwanted  :'( :'( :'( :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2020, 03:37:32 pm »

Italy went from 2 to 400 cases in 26 days. We have gone from 1 to 557 in 19 days.  :thinking:

This is the week cases are expected to explode. Stay at home if you have the privilege to do so.  :thumbsup:

OK I have pinched above from the internet but if anyone hasn't got the message yet it is pretty clear.

Stay at home and don't make non essential journeys.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2020, 04:47:05 pm »

Even to Watford?  ;)
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2020, 05:23:36 pm »

Italy went from 2 to 400 cases in 26 days. We have gone from 1 to 557 in 19 days.  :thinking:

This is the week cases are expected to explode. Stay at home if you have the privilege to do so.  :thumbsup:

OK I have pinched above from the internet but if anyone hasn't got the message yet it is pretty clear.

Worldometer https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/  puts Italy starting at Feb15th? with 1 case and 26 days later 2,651 new cases
Uk Feb 27th 3 cases and now 24 days later 1,035 and cases will double roughly every 2-4 days.
In other words were matching Italy and everyone elses trend but the absoute figures are meaningless since different countries test a different range. We only test possible hospital cases whereas Germany probably tests any possible cases and founf 4.5K yesterday.
There is a suggestion that we may have as many as 100,000 cases UK if including all the mild ones...

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2020, 05:25:03 pm »

Even to Watford?  ;)
Wait a week and there won't be anyone left in Watford....too close to London

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2020, 06:11:05 pm »

Worldometer https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/italy/  puts Italy starting at Feb15th? with 1 case and 26 days later 2,651 new cases
Uk Feb 27th 3 cases and now 24 days later 1,035 and cases will double roughly every 2-4 days.
In other words were matching Italy and everyone elses trend but the absoute figures are meaningless since different countries test a different range. We only test possible hospital cases whereas Germany probably tests any possible cases and founf 4.5K yesterday.
There is a suggestion that we may have as many as 100,000 cases UK if including all the mild ones...

You don't have to be precise with the numbers to see the effects.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2020, 06:17:02 pm »
Wait a week and there won't be anyone left in Watford....too close to London

Yes, that's because they've all buggered off to Cornwall, The Lakes and the Scottish Highlands!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2020, 06:44:50 pm »
And here's a request from Cornwall:  Do Not Come Down right now !  Thank you very much.

Cornwall has one of the lower instances of confirmed infection so far, thankfully, BUT has one of the oldest regional populations in the UK and some of the lowest numbers of intensive-care bed spaces in the UK !  I would like to think those precious I-C beds will remain available for locals and that our supermarkets are not further raided by an incoming hoard !

So, if you have a 2nd home here or a caravan or motor-home, please reconsider before you head for the A30.  "Everywhere" is shut;  there is nothing to do;  please stay at home.  Pretty please !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS