Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Corona Virus  (Read 28757 times)

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
Re: Corona Virus
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2020, 09:10:31 pm »
Estimated number of WWII civilian deaths across the world (according to one statistic) is almost 35.5 million poor souls:  estimated total of WWII deaths is just over 55 million people !!

Thank goodness we are not in the middle of WWIII then ! 
Obviously I'm looking for positives and, to me, that seems to be one of them. 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 09:19:14 pm by arobwk »

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #181 on: April 06, 2020, 08:12:49 am »
Estimated number of WWII civilian deaths across the world (according to one statistic) is almost 35.5 million poor souls:  estimated total of WWII deaths is just over 55 million people !!

Around 10mln were polish citizens btw.

Spanish flu in 1918 (just after the world war 1) killed more than 50mln people! More people died than during the war itself!
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

arobwk

• Joined Nov 2015
  • Kernow: where 2nd-home owners rule !
« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2020, 07:58:52 pm »

Around 10mln were polish citizens btw.

Spanish flu in 1918 (just after the world war 1) killed more than 50mln people! More people died than during the war itself!

I was going to press the "Like" button, but a Like didn't seem appropriate.  Thanks for the stats though macgro7.

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2020, 02:16:56 pm »
Is there a pattern available?  I know someone who would do this and has lots of fabric

I'm not sure if facebook will let me paste in a link from their page so if you want to check out  fb Shetland Scrubs, lots of info on there. Last time I looked they had been inundated with fabric - I've just finished sewing my last set so will now try and get back to normal ( ???) as the sewing has taken over my life and my house :o
In the depths of winter, I found there was in me an invincible summer - Camus

www.thecreativecroft.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS