Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: selling advice?  (Read 1867 times)


  • Joined Jan 2013
selling advice?
« on: January 22, 2013, 07:59:49 pm »
not sure if this is the right place to ask  ???

i make nettle cordial every year and all our friends and family buy it from me  :innocent:

however this year im thinking of stepping it up a notch and taking it to a few producer markets.

im not quite sure of rules and regs when selling this kind of product and google is no help.

advice would be welcomed




  • Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: selling advice?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 11:37:19 pm »
Sorry, haven't got a clue but it certainly sounds an interesting enterprise

Mel Rice

  • Joined Sep 2011
Re: selling advice?
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 07:28:59 am »
As far as I know its the alchol bit that needs rules and regs....for the tax. Is it an alcholic cordial? if not I think you should be OK...But Im no expert.


  • Joined Jan 2012
  • brokenbrough
Re: selling advice?
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 12:30:19 pm »
I would contact your local public protection officer (local council used to be food safty here in wiltshire) they will probely advice you to register as a food producer, do's not cost anything but it means they know who is making what and where in the area for if there are problems (food posining) they will also be able to tell you who to speak to re if your drink is alcholic.
when the revolution comes it will be a co-op


Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2021. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS