Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Agricultural Shows 2011  (Read 6082 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Agricultural Shows 2011
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:20:52 pm »
Hows about a (hopefully!) comprehensive list of the up and coming Agri shows this Spring & Summer....

http://www.stackyard.com/orgs/agricultural_shows/dates.html

:farmer:   
Little Blue

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: Agricultural Shows 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 08:53:53 pm »
Probably the only one for me - Turriff - don't spot it but my eyes are getting tired!!
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 10:36:17 pm »
Probably the only one for me - Turriff - don't spot it but my eyes are getting tired!!
Always last weekend July/first weekend in August, so probably 30th/31st/1st I'd think.  Brilliant show.  Too far for me these days.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 10:54:21 pm »
That's a great resource.  I will have to let local organisers know of it so our very excellent local shows get added to that list.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 10:55:21 pm »
CSSA will be at Drymen and Kinross (don't see it on that list, an excellent show)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 11:37:07 pm »

Do they just have the one goat judge at Turriff? Or do they have a different one for the Dairy and the Pygmies?

Beth

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 11:43:43 pm »
I used to go to a good few of the shows on that list, showing the pones, but the County ones are in the region of 40 per class to enter, so we stopped going some years ago.  If you add fuel on, its cheaper to go away on holiday for a week!!!

Will probably do Halifax and Ashbourne, as we normally do the carriage driving class.  Quite often its cheaper to enter a pony or some animals, as you get free entry, as the admission charge can be 20 just to get in.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 09:02:12 am »
The new TAS site will have an events diary on it too.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 09:44:41 am »
We'll be at Newark & Notts with our pigs 14th/15th May.
Your're right about it costing a fortune to go, 60 for entries & pens, 220 miles worth of diesel, and then stopping over & eating on top of that!
I looked at going to the Yorkshire Show and reckoned it would cost me just short of 150 (and thats my county show!)so thats on a back burner for the forseeable!! :-\
As ever we'll be doing the rounds of the one day shows locally, Driffield, Ryedale, Thornton-le-Dale, Tockworth, Ripley, Egton, Penistone & Nidderdale.
If any TASers are around any of those please come and find us in the pig lines.
Bestest Mandy  :pig:
Ps my pigs are probably the best i ever had this year but they're shocking at taking instruction, obstinate, wilful and just downright 'orrible so be prepared for some fun & games! ;D

norfolk newbies

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Grantham
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 10:13:23 am »
Hi Mandy, we will pop over and say hi at Newark and Notts ( I guess you will be in Pig section??)
It is our new local show, looking forward to it.
We are not up for showing anytihng this year, but maybe next year ( in my dreams!) Our GOS are a bit too sandy to be shown, but maybe one day.......

We would offer a place to stay O/N, but currently in a caravan whilst rebuilding house ;).

Jo

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2011, 10:34:46 am »
Jo
Look forward to meeting you, ye olde travellodge is doing the onite honours, i'm getting too old to be sleeping on trailer floors though my 9yr old niece was all for camping out! Bless and yes we will be mostly in the piggy dept! Hope the weather stays warmish.
Have done the sleeping in the kezza whilst house building 7yrs ago, we moved into it and a week later had a foot of snow... ah the memories.... ;D frozen everything!
best Mandy  :pig:

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2011, 11:40:42 am »
Beth - I'm not sure!! Was there last year but in such a panic I didn't even see much of what was going on - saying that I only remember I judge - everyone else looked like they knew what they were doing and I followed their lead.
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2011, 12:32:20 pm »
Brucklay, is that you with that pretty grey and white one - I just adore that colour!

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2011, 11:32:59 pm »
Yes me looking 'sheepish' with FeeBee (Black/White or Blue/White or Grey/White) depends on what she's rubbed around in!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 01:10:39 pm »
Yes me looking 'sheepish' with FeeBee (Black/White or Blue/White or Grey/White) depends on what she's rubbed around in!!
I think she is absolutely gorgeous.  I'd love one or two like that!  Could do with them or some sheep just now too as my ride on mower won't start and my acre of grass is now about 6 inches high!

Shows 2011 what was the weather really like.

Started by lill (14.62)

Replies: 3
Views: 1646
Last post May 15, 2012, 10:45:54 am
by Fowgill Farm
Calendars 2011 and 2012

Started by doganjo (7.42)

Replies: 0
Views: 1288
Last post November 15, 2010, 07:30:52 pm
by doganjo
Smallholder Show 2011

Started by Frieslandfilly (7.42)

Replies: 17
Views: 6869
Last post January 14, 2011, 06:19:17 pm
by Blinkers
Dog Shows

Started by JulieS (7.36)

Replies: 7
Views: 2286
Last post June 24, 2010, 02:53:30 pm
by sabrina
badminton horse trials 2011

Started by daddymatty82 (7.34)

Replies: 0
Views: 1015
Last post January 06, 2011, 12:55:27 pm
by daddymatty82

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2021. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS