Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312389 times)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #1230 on: November 01, 2018, 11:56:54 am »
Yesterday, CAE testing for goats, after dragging a vanful of loose straw out, which OH had kindly scrounged, then home to to try and get said straw into builders bags, then VAT return (husbands business), before midnight deadline last night. Hadnt even looked at the VAT so stress level went tnrough ceiling by 23.30. (Husband not very good at bringing receipts in). Hopefully a more peaceful day today.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1231 on: November 01, 2018, 12:05:02 pm »
Yesterday, CAE testing for goats, after dragging a vanful of loose straw out, which OH had kindly scrounged, then home to to try and get said straw into builders bags, then VAT return (husbands business), before midnight deadline last night. Hadnt even looked at the VAT so stress level went tnrough ceiling by 23.30. (Husband not very good at bringing receipts in). Hopefully a more peaceful day today.
Put your feet up, you deserve it

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #1232 on: November 05, 2018, 08:58:19 pm »
Feeding and caring for a couple of hundred farrowing sows and their piglets and then planting my tayberries, blackcurrants and gooseberries.  :yum:
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1233 on: November 05, 2018, 09:03:26 pm »
Feeding and caring for a couple of hundred farrowing sows and their piglets and then planting my tayberries, blackcurrants and gooseberries.  :yum:
I hope your sows aren't too grumpy   :-\    and have good piglet numbers, reminds me of my time on the piggery ,teeth tails and ironing and the joys of weaning  :farmer:

what size Tayberry canes have you planted ?

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #1234 on: November 05, 2018, 09:14:14 pm »
I hope your sows aren't too grumpy   :-\    and have good piglet numbers, reminds me of my time on the piggery ,teeth tails and ironing and the joys of weaning  :farmer:

A couple of grumpy sows but i'm not surprised when it's just after they've farrowed. The piglet numbers are down a little but that's because the sows went through the heat of the summer and knew they'd be farrowing in winter. Still a joy to see them being born and caring for them though. Wish i had started this job years ago.

Canes were about 30cm
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1235 on: November 05, 2018, 09:39:37 pm »

A couple of grumpy sows but i'm not surprised when it's just after they've farrowed. The piglet numbers are down a little but that's because the sows went through the heat of the summer and knew they'd be farrowing in winter. Still a joy to see them being born and caring for them though. Wish i had started this job years ago.

Canes were about 30cm

maybe a good thing on the numbers , gives the litter a better chance. I loved my job on the piggery, until " King Arthur"  went bust without telling us on the contracted unit , we found out from another farmer !! Still keep a couple occasionally though.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1236 on: November 14, 2018, 06:23:15 pm »
Feeling elated, smug and jolly well contented. Helping Mrs WW deliver a nice female kid Oh and
having delivered to my employer of 3 months a turnkey shipping and logistics solution within the required timescale and well under budget. Not bad for  two of us working from our mobile office ( didn't want us in the offices ) The project goes live in December.
The icing on the cake,
after a couple of hours intensive negotiation , mind games and a sample of my "dry powder" arranging the de-employment of myself and my assistant on very favorable terms  :excited: .
Friday sees gardening leave until the end of the month,
Right chuffed I am  ;D

Backinwellies

• Global Moderator
  • Joined Sep 2012
  • Llandeilo Carmarthenshire
    • Nantygroes
    • Facebook
« Reply #1237 on: November 15, 2018, 07:11:01 am »
Well it wasn't today (it is only 7am!) .... But want to share my great news.....  Me and my 2 great community buddies have just pulled off a  half million pound grant bid!   

Wanting to improve our community and the sustainability of our beautiful surroundings we applied for a government grant .  .... And found out this week we are one of only 9 applicants out of 50+ that have been selected to put in final application and our application was one of best they had....... Not bad for total amateurs!   

Money is for developing sustainable green infrastructure to improve biodiversity and climate change resilience whilst also improving health and wellbeing of local people.
Linda

Don't wrestle with pigs, they will love it and you will just get all muddy.

Let go of who you are and become who you are meant to be.

http://nantygroes.blogspot.co.uk/
www.nantygroes.co.uk
Nantygroes  facebook page

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #1238 on: November 16, 2018, 07:16:07 am »
Having filled in forms for grants for a charity I am involved with I know how much work and effort goes into fillling in the forms.  Congratulations.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1239 on: November 16, 2018, 03:28:34 pm »
a bit strange.
Dropped off the vehicle, sods had stopped the fuel card so not filled up ,oh dear  :roflanim:,   handed in Id and security passes, checked online bank accounts that they had kept their word and my assistant and I both slipped out and went for fish and chips, sitting in the sunshine of freedom.
Then and only then we hi fived and burst out laughing .

Looks like its a full time job ahead for me already arranged.

Mrs RTB has a list, a big list, a very big list.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1240 on: November 17, 2018, 12:07:48 am »
Linda, that's brilliant news. Well done.

RTB, if you get through that list, I could write you another one but for here.  :roflanim:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1241 on: November 17, 2018, 05:19:55 pm »
Linda, that's brilliant news. Well done.

RTB, if you get through that list, I could write you another one but for here.  :roflanim:
Goodness , word gets round quick. Looks like you're in the queue  :)  I've had a couple of folk round and a phone call all with the same suggestion " well seeing that you have some time on your hands.....  could you .....  when you have a moment "

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #1242 on: November 17, 2018, 06:30:50 pm »
Brilliant, Linda!  Many congratulations.

And many congratulations to you too RTB.  Enjoy  :)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1243 on: November 18, 2018, 12:22:44 am »
Spinning and chatting to members of my spinning group. I also saw a tiny e-spinner in action and now I want one. OH has said he'll get me one for Christmas.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #1244 on: November 18, 2018, 06:49:57 am »
MGoM a mini electric eel is on my list of must haves, plus a portable power bank which will run it for ages according to one of our Guild members who got one of the first.  Kick start fundraising for version 2 went live the other day. 

A day of musical wheels at our Guild yesterday had us all drooling at what we could not afford.  Several even changed hands and there were 5 brand new timbertops wheels to try too along with free wheel servicing so many snags and squeaks got dealt with.  Skill share days should be a little quieter now.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS