Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312409 times)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #1215 on: October 16, 2018, 11:21:37 pm »
Giving a spinning demonstration to school children as part of a harvest project.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1216 on: October 17, 2018, 09:31:57 pm »
Trying to decipher poorly worded emails from management types of "younger years" fed on buzz words and infographics  , lucky my mobile office is far enough away to prevent twatting the sod's with their keyboards, my assistant / driver suggests the use of a rough end of a pineapple on them , she of a convent upbringing and all .

Lingon

• Joined Feb 2018
  • Uppsala, Sweden
  • The more I see of mankind, the more I prefer dogs.
« Reply #1217 on: October 20, 2018, 03:59:29 pm »
Made masses of herb butter for the winter months, winter is coming soon here, so needed to get the last of the herbs in. And when the store had butter on sale, it was a obvious what to do.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1218 on: October 20, 2018, 05:18:27 pm »
Made masses of herb butter for the winter months, winter is coming soon here, so needed to get the last of the herbs in. And when the store had butter on sale, it was a obvious what to do.

MMmmm next week project , poor goats will get squeezed dry

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #1219 on: October 20, 2018, 05:23:55 pm »
Today i have been mainly de-weeding the front path and laying down a weed barrier membrane, then recovering it with chuckies. One of those jobs i've been putting off for ages but it was one i could tick off the long list of jobs to be done. Next on the list is to fill the raised beds i built earlier in the week with topsoil and compost
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1220 on: October 20, 2018, 10:07:01 pm »
At spinning group's monthly meeting  :spin: . I accidentally bought some more yarn as well.  :knit:

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #1221 on: October 22, 2018, 10:06:37 pm »
I accidentally bought some more yarn as well.  :knit:

My late mother-in-law used to 'accidentally' buy wool every time she went into a wool shop. The lake district wool shops was like heaven to her.
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1222 on: October 22, 2018, 11:57:43 pm »
I accidentally bought some more yarn as well.  :knit:

My late mother-in-law used to 'accidentally' buy wool every time she went into a wool shop. The lake district wool shops was like heaven to her.

It's funny how it falls into my bag every time I go near any yarn.  :roflanim:

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #1223 on: October 23, 2018, 08:26:55 am »
Funny the number of times I havent been paying full attention when shopping and find myself guided into the wool section by my other half. I see all the rows of wool and think... she's done it again!!
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #1224 on: October 23, 2018, 09:17:45 pm »
cleaning buildings mainly and feeding animals. Trying to sell some surplus animals :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1225 on: October 23, 2018, 10:47:17 pm »
Funny the number of times I havent been paying full attention when shopping and find myself guided into the wool section by my other half. I see all the rows of wool and think... she's done it again!!

Clever lady.  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1226 on: October 25, 2018, 05:52:15 pm »
Had a face to face meeting with the management, I enjoyed it, lots .
 I came out a winner because I am "arrogant and assertive " oh and right  :innocent: , it also helped that I knew that they knew what they thought I knew , but were wrong.   :roflanim:
Anyway my assistant and I went home very happy. and hugged the goats who speak more sense about oilfield logistics 

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1227 on: October 25, 2018, 10:39:11 pm »
Making plans with my carpenter friend who removed the goat shed yesterday and is tidying the site today and tomorrow. He's taken all the reusable wood (with my blessing) but I will need to sort out a fire to get rid of a lot then he can return and make the raised beds.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1228 on: October 30, 2018, 10:10:09 pm »
..well this evening,I now realise the LED floodlights are stroboscopic, watching the bats flying in the yard is brilliant still very fast but much more visible.better than television !

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1229 on: November 01, 2018, 10:06:57 am »
Observing panic management control. Thank goodness one month to go.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS