Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 332180 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #1185 on: September 08, 2018, 07:53:04 am »
You can do it, RTB.

Cans, good luck with the job. The worst bit is the waiting to hear.
aint that the truth 

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1186 on: September 08, 2018, 09:14:52 pm »
Went into Aberdeen with a car load of tools ( yes yes I know one of them was driving ) set myself up at a bench and under the evil eagle eye of the "supervisor" stripped, inspected , rebuilt and tested two types of lifting gear.I think I was the odd one out there , I was only joking about my lack of Polish, however not withstanding the fact that the rest of the workforce had been issued shaven heads  surly attitudes and  Pokski only communication made me uneasy, and I'm not that easily shaken.
I was quite chuffed that after over 20 years I was still able to do the job  :excited:  but most questions were met with a continental shrug of the shoulders  ???
As vintage certificates wer'nt recognised copies made for checking and the manager , he will call me maybe in the week next.
In the unlikely event of getting recalled I have started to learn a few Polish dirty jokes and swear words, well you never know  :innocent!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 11:10:35 pm by Rupert the bear »

pgkevet

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #1187 on: September 09, 2018, 07:51:59 am »
So long as you like salami and gherkin on sour-dough rye you'll be fine.

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #1188 on: September 09, 2018, 08:46:20 am »
RTB, there's always the fish factories to try- plenty of languages to learn there! Good luck anyway!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1189 on: September 09, 2018, 09:35:46 am »
So long as you like salami and gherkin on sour-dough rye you'll be fine.
:)   

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1190 on: September 09, 2018, 09:39:03 am »
RTB, there's always the fish factories to try- plenty of languages to learn there! Good luck anyway!
Been there etc etc  , not ideal for an old cripple like me  :) :)

anyway is Sunday, day off from all this , raindrops to count , chickens to chase,birds to watch, proper stuff

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1191 on: September 10, 2018, 08:52:14 pm »
Pulling hens teeth, well that's what it feels like .
A day of getting to yes . My new to me employers of TUPE fame have finally   agreed  to the T&C's I required regarding location, hours and pay  :relief:, but only to the driving element of the contract ( other things I can do come as an extra  :D :D :D  ). A good result as long as the ink on the agreement doesn't fade !
And the best bit was getting my sidekick included as well.   :excited: :excited:
So no lie in tomorrow , back to work.
Thank you all for putting up with this saga and your support and offers of help
I Will still keep looking though and spend time on the cv and be better prepared

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1192 on: September 11, 2018, 06:58:31 pm »
Dont ask, just dont.... :rant: :rant: :rant:

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #1193 on: September 11, 2018, 09:03:39 pm »

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1194 on: September 11, 2018, 09:20:02 pm »
Thank you for the  :hug: :hug:
I started wondering if I was the unwitting participant in a Candid Camera program
Oh well off to bed ( maybe its been all a dream  nightmare. )
Tomorrows another day.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1195 on: September 12, 2018, 11:17:58 pm »
Apart from feeding the goats and checking one sore hoof, I've spent most of today studying. I am doing a level 2 course on Mental Health Awareness, which I'm enjoying very much even if I do struggle to find enough time to work on it. The part I'm on now is all about phobias which is fascinating me as I have phobias of my own: Spiders is the biggest one, Claustrophobia is another and a fear of falling (not good in someone who's knee gives way fairly often.[/size]Now working on crocheting two cardigans for our twins grandchildren, Raphael and Freya, to take when we go to France to meet them in October.[/color]

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
« Reply #1196 on: September 13, 2018, 07:08:12 pm »
dealing with a neighbour from hell and a computer scam - what else is coming I wonder...

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1197 on: September 17, 2018, 09:41:10 pm »
As an escape from work tonight I checked all the external lights and replaced the torch batteries,gave the generator a run too, it’s getting darker in the evenings now.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1198 on: September 17, 2018, 10:32:39 pm »
Another busy day of studying. It was a lovely day and I would have liked to have been outside but my deadline for handing my assignment in is galloping on at a scary rate so I have to persevere. I did relax with my crochet again tonight and managed a short visit to the goats (as well as feed times). Of course, in their opinion any time is feeding time so they had some chopped apples, a biscuit each and a chunk of bread. They love me now.

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #1199 on: September 18, 2018, 07:04:48 am »
Tidying the spare room out so that I can move the bed into it, allowing us to decorate, recarpet and add fitted furniture into our bedroom.  Hopefully this will all happen before Christmas.  There again knowing the working habits of furniture fitters it may not.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS