Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312405 times)

Scotsdumpy

• Joined Jul 2012
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #1170 on: September 02, 2018, 01:22:06 pm »
I wasn't there yesterday and haven't been for years now. The rare breed sale used to be just that - a sale for rare breeds. Now, I think, it's where the public can go for a 'day out' and I've seen children running around when animals are being moved, gates left open and animals escaping. It's an accident waiting to happen. I stopped going because of one particularly bad winter and some of the horses put forward were bags of bones. There should be a vet in attendance and the spca too - not sure about trading standards - however, these people should be on hand to turn away animals not fit for sale - I've never heard of it happening though... as you say it puts a bad light on those who keep animals to a good standard. Did you complain to anyone at the mart?

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1171 on: September 02, 2018, 02:32:43 pm »
The above posts are the reason we stopped going to the Rare breeds sales , its more of a family day out at the circus,the handling standards as SDF noted have declined and to me is just an event to offload the dross.
I do hope someone mentions this to the mart management, Thanestone was once a good mart, now it seems to be going down wards, this should be a wake up call.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #1172 on: September 02, 2018, 05:28:13 pm »
Today I have been mainly in tears.
Tears of frustration/anger.......
.........With situation at work. Been on going for a while. Have raised similar issue before and got guff for a response.  Systems we have in place have worked for the past 4 years but not working now.  Already one staff member handed in notice because of one person.  The same one who is causing my frustration. ( well it’s been narrowed down to 2 but 1 is responsible for most things that are amiss)
.........With myself for getting into the state I’m in, as being sent home means someone else had to do my work, which makes me as bad as the person causing my frustration  :-\

OH commented I was home early today.  I equated my day to the time he threw a garden fork down a corridor at work.  He too was told to take the rest of the day off?

Tomorrow will be interesting. No doubt I will be having a chat with Mrs Boss as Mr Boss not the person to deal with any issues, although the last time I had a melt down it was him I spoke to so he knows exactly where I’m coming from as issue is similar.

After colleague handed in her notice I asked for a job re-evaluation as I had seen the ad for her replacement.  That discussion got interupred, so it will hopefully get discussed tomorrow. Or not!!!

On a positive note I also applied for another job this afternoon. Less hours but hopefully regular throughout the year, less pay than I’m currently on but closer to home so less travelling involved.

Perris

• Joined Mar 2017
  • Gower
« Reply #1173 on: September 02, 2018, 06:52:24 pm »
poor you  :hug:
I hope things are better for you tomorrow. Sounds like you have a plan, which is great - good luck with it  :thumbsup:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1174 on: September 02, 2018, 07:49:09 pm »
Fingers crossed for another job, it sounds like you need a clean break.
I know its easy to say money isn't everything but.....
Your  OH needs to improve his aim, as it sounds like he didn't impale anyone !

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1175 on: September 03, 2018, 02:00:30 pm »
Went to work with my "new" TUPE'd  employer, who arrived late,knew nothing or what to do with me so I have been sent home and await further contact.
Signing up with agency for other exiting opportunities.
Then maybe a nap

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #1176 on: September 04, 2018, 04:00:35 pm »
What a difference a day makes........

Got a phone call yesterday evening from the place I applied to the day before.....
Apparently my CV and very brief note of interest ( I really cant be bothered with all the grovelling in a cover letter.  I'm interested in the position. Here's my CV what do you think?  Well words to that effect!!!! )  ticked most of the boxes and could I go for an interview this afternoon?
Well had interview, got a free cuppa out of it!

Got a work trial on Friday!!!  :excited: :excited:
Had to go buy a pair of jeans ( casual uniform ) as the ones I have need hoiked up every time I bend down   :o
So...
It's up to me now not to mess this up

On a really cheerier note...
A possible replacement for the colleague who has already handed in her notice went to the loo an hour into shift.  Never to reappear!!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1177 on: September 04, 2018, 07:24:00 pm »
What a difference a day makes........

Got a phone call yesterday evening from the place I applied to the day before.....
Apparently my CV and very brief note of interest ( I really cant be bothered with all the grovelling in a cover letter.  I'm interested in the position. Here's my CV what do you think?  Well words to that effect!!!! )  ticked most of the boxes and could I go for an interview this afternoon?
Well had interview, got a free cuppa out of it!

Got a work trial on Friday!!!  :excited: :excited:
Had to go buy a pair of jeans ( casual uniform ) as the ones I have need hoiked up every time I bend down   :o
So...
It's up to me now not to mess this up

On a really cheerier note...
A possible replacement for the colleague who has already handed in her notice went to the loo an hour into shift.  Never to reappear!!

Oh yesss ! Thats the way to do it

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1178 on: September 04, 2018, 07:26:13 pm »
another day at home , no contact from my new employer, my workmate  at home too, Oh and fixing the puncture on the tractor  :farmer:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1179 on: September 04, 2018, 10:48:04 pm »
Been to meet my granddaughter's boyfriend for the first time. I've not seen Meghan since New Year so it was lovely to catch up (lots of chats about goats) and we liked the boyfriend. He does look awfully like Meghan's dad but younger.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1180 on: September 05, 2018, 07:58:37 pm »
Another sunny day , getting paid for pottering about on the croft  :excited: ,my goodness how did I have time to go to work !

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1181 on: September 07, 2018, 02:38:38 pm »
My paid absence from work rudely interrupted with an meeting , big guns present, I'm glad I wore suit on a dress down Friday  ;D  .
After being spoken to about matters not relevant to the truck driving element of the job and then asked how would I solve this problem . Ended up taking home a letter conforming I stay at home on full pay !
( insert shaking head in disbelief emoji here )

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #1182 on: September 07, 2018, 07:01:44 pm »
Had my work trial

I thought it went ok, I mean it’s not rocket science, till you start dealing with technology!!

They have a fair few folk they are putting through work trial so it will be next week before I hear anything

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #1183 on: September 07, 2018, 07:14:35 pm »
 :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc: :fc:

I go for an engineering assessment tomorrow morning, apprehensive as I don't speak Polish too well ( local job ) and it all modern stuff.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #1184 on: September 07, 2018, 10:17:26 pm »
You can do it, RTB.

Cans, good luck with the job. The worst bit is the waiting to hear.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS