Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 331861 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #720 on: September 07, 2016, 01:36:16 pm »
Getting filthy washing tons of mud off the buffalo before milking, this hot weather is a real pest as they like to wallow! :rant: Still at least they are sparkely clean when finished so I can milk them  ;D Bucket training a calf to feed, she is 4 days old now and how cute she is too. Cleaning out run ready for getting ram lambs in to grade and put on seperate pasture away from mums, ready for market next monday, all being well. Then I think a long soak in the bath before making dinner and then back out again for the evening milking, then to bed! :tired:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #721 on: September 07, 2016, 08:22:04 pm »
Wondering how waterbuffalowfarmers brother was and how you were coping  ,

yes yes all very good but how is your brother getting along

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #722 on: September 07, 2016, 10:23:42 pm »
sorry I didn't see that ;D Yes he is fine thankyou, he is starting to help out around the farm, albeit coughing quite a bit. Yesterday was his last day of antibiotics and he is looking like his old self again. We're still keeping a watchful eye over him in case he goes backwards and we're not letting him do very taxing work, he seems to be enjoying the rest :) I think he has to go back to the hospital in a months time for a checkup, to see if it has gone. Hopefully yes, all being well.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:26:42 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #723 on: September 09, 2016, 04:24:53 pm »
Waiting for a delivery
Only to realise it was the wrong day  ;D

Lucky Friday is one of my days off so not a problem - I caught up with some of the household chores, then went to college library to do some studying, that didn't last long as I had a coughing fit and for the sake of the other students I left them to study in peace

Went to the allotment instead

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #724 on: September 09, 2016, 04:30:24 pm »
milking the buff, getting more animal feed and hopefully later will grade the ram lambs before moving them onto other pasture and then hopefully market on monday! Weather's not too good and I haven't managed to check sheep in a day, so I'll try and do that later. Strange thing happened earlier..... I was feeding the hens their food and suddenly heard a flapping and a crash, I turned around and got the fright of my life it was a dead racing pigeon/homing pigeon which had landed on the patio, I'm not sure what to do with it? It is definietly dead, poor thing!   :(

TheGirlsMum

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #725 on: September 09, 2016, 04:54:10 pm »
Check on Google there is a site that records the ring numbers and you should be able to email the owner so he knows what has happened to it

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #726 on: September 09, 2016, 05:07:31 pm »
Look under his wing, he may have his owners 'phone number printed there.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #727 on: September 09, 2016, 11:20:22 pm »
... packing the car and driving home from our lovely holiday in south Wales.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #728 on: September 10, 2016, 09:24:54 am »
... packing the car and driving home from our lovely holiday in south Wales.
Crikey ! that must be a big box to fit a car in .....

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #729 on: September 10, 2016, 07:22:23 pm »
Check on Google there is a site that records the ring numbers and you should be able to email the owner so he knows what has happened to it
We let someone know about one via a website, they phoned and thanked me for bothering, i appreciated being appreciated  :)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #730 on: September 10, 2016, 10:45:46 pm »
milking buff and listening to news about airstrikes over syria by American and Russian forces, it made my blood boil I can tell you! :rant: I won't go into it apart from the fact that they are cold blooded killers, who have organized these airstrikes, and I am disgusted by them, totally the wrong way to go about things! :rant:  Brother came up this evening so that was nice to spend time with him before he has to go back to work :) Been a lovely sunny day here and mum managed to do some more painting in the dairy, just a few touch up jobs before we have an inspection to see all is up to spec still, last time he came was to sign us off as being able to milk animals and produce. Made a lovely lamb roast, 1/2 shoulder this evening :) :yum:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #731 on: September 11, 2016, 02:19:55 pm »
wondering,  should I go for a lie down as I feel worn out , but the sun is shining , too good to miss. Should I stack logs , but I feel worn out . Should I lie down in the sun and risk assault from the goats ,dogs, cats, chickens  and the blackbirds but I'm too worn out to fight them off......

BrimwoodFarm

• Joined May 2016
    • Brimwood Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #732 on: September 11, 2016, 05:30:08 pm »
Been fairly productive - very surprising for a warm Sunday!  ;D

My OH was planting up a new alpine garden whilst I tidied, cut back and sowed some hardy annuals for next year's cutting garden. Cleaned all the chickens out and sorted out the latest d'Anver chick hatches too. Oh...and even found time to run out to the ice cream van.  :excited:

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #733 on: September 11, 2016, 07:02:10 pm »
Looking after my neighbours 10 collie dogs  :love: :dog:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #734 on: September 11, 2016, 07:27:37 pm »
Sleeping!
Anne

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS