Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312377 times)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #705 on: August 18, 2016, 03:12:21 pm »
Finished  painting the roof   :excited: the paint calculator was spot on . 3600 square feet of wriggly tin 40 ltrs of semi gloss anti corrosive , 10 ltr of activator , 4 x 3" paint brushes  2 pairs of track suit bottoms 2 tee shirts  and a Chinese take-away for Mrs RTB ( bribe to do bits I couldn't manage due to being a biff )

BTW how does one get 2 pack paint out the belly button hole ............... don't ask !

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #706 on: August 20, 2016, 02:32:03 pm »
Fixed a couple of leaks in the roof after the gales and heavy rain last night . Now making raspberry ice cream and contemplating my body art ( bruises that are still appearing from yellows to purple and black , grey paint that wont come off and a small area of pink ish skin. ) then going to lie down.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #707 on: August 20, 2016, 04:41:57 pm »
Visiting a ram breeder and reserving a really good ram, having him delivered next week. Can't wait! :excited:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #708 on: August 20, 2016, 05:05:32 pm »
Attending a HUUUUGE family gathering, always very cheering, met a newish great-great nephew and, of course was, as ever, amazed that little children had grown into adults while my back was turned!!

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #709 on: August 20, 2016, 05:26:30 pm »
At the allotment
Picking,
podding,
eating peas   :yum:
           ....... in the rain 

funnily enough there was no-one else there apart from OH who was trimming our part of the perimeter hedge   
We must be mad  :D

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #710 on: August 21, 2016, 07:16:01 pm »
Dagging the gimmers (I still think that sounds as though it should be a ceilidh dance :)
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #711 on: August 21, 2016, 07:25:52 pm »
I took three grandsons and SIL to Monkey World in Dorset. (a giant leap in my battle with agoraphobia) and am shattered!!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #712 on: August 21, 2016, 07:53:11 pm »
sleeping , back to work tomorrow ( for a rest ! )

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #713 on: August 22, 2016, 07:57:32 am »
yesterday moved calves into another field, have to trek 2 fields to feed little babies their milk twice daily. Got the shearling ram out from with the ewes and popped him in a building with a cull ewe to keep him company. Today I am trying to chase up this guy who said he wanted him as he hasnt gotten back to me  ::) Weather is still pretty bad and I have house cleaning to do :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #714 on: August 22, 2016, 01:48:39 pm »
House cleaning, WBF, house cleaning, hmmm. Yes, I remember! It's what Jim does on his day off!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #715 on: August 27, 2016, 09:31:24 pm »
HAVING to lie down and rest  :( :( :(
the sun is shining, what a waste , the cat is holding me down with the duvet , Dennis the blackbird is on the window ledge telling me something and an escaped chicken is shouting obscenities.....
and no I'm not on the painkillers ,yet .

Celli

• Joined Jun 2016
  • Fife
« Reply #716 on: August 27, 2016, 11:11:55 pm »
Relocating the hen coop to the other side of the stream with the help of two mates and a man wench.
Cue a lot of swearing followed by large amounts of wine. :excited:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #717 on: August 28, 2016, 01:59:48 am »
helping dad and family to work the farm, my elder brother has had to go into hospital. spent from 11-1am tonight in the hospital waiting room. He had a bad chest infection and a big fever which has been getting worse so we took him into hospital and he is on a drip to rehydrate his body and then strong antibiotics. We thought it was the flu at first until his temp got worse and then he started coughing. We were advised via 111, welsh version, to take him into hospital and they ran tests. I dont know how long he will be kept in though, really dreading having to milk and feed animals with my younger brother now, as its so much easier with both of them. Very worried :'(

Jullienne

• Joined Apr 2016
« Reply #718 on: August 28, 2016, 11:11:43 am »
helping dad and family to work the farm, my elder brother has had to go into hospital. spent from 11-1am tonight in the hospital waiting room. He had a bad chest infection and a big fever which has been getting worse so we took him into hospital and he is on a drip to rehydrate his body and then strong antibiotics. We thought it was the flu at first until his temp got worse and then he started coughing. We were advised via 111, welsh version, to take him into hospital and they ran tests. I dont know how long he will be kept in though, really dreading having to milk and feed animals with my younger brother now, as its so much easier with both of them. Very worried :'(
so sorry to hear that [member=42855]waterbuffalofarmer[/member] Hope he gets better soon, I know how bad it can be :hug:
Today I have sheep to sort out, possibly ready for market next monday, not tomorrow. Lots of stuff to do on farm this week in prep for next month, holiday me thinks ;D
boast not yourself of tomorrow; for you know not what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips. proverbs 27 verses 1-2.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #719 on: September 06, 2016, 08:08:22 pm »
Wondering how waterbuffalowfarmers brother was and how you were coping  , things you think of driving the truck.
Oh and setting up my new Oregon scientific weather station, Anniversary present from Mrs RTB.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS