Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312391 times)

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #585 on: January 31, 2016, 06:39:36 pm »
Been busy over the past few days non ending mucking out buildings around buildings and everywhere, trying to keep the farm tidy, not doing a successful job :roflanim: Thinking of taking an extra long break this coming autumn, let the fam do all the work for me :innocent: On a plus note the gardens coming along nicely and I am coming up to my 2 weeks calf rearing free :excited: Thinking of taking my mum on holiday for a break, before everything gets busier again :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #586 on: February 03, 2016, 04:39:37 pm »
Chasing my mortgage application .... finally with success today!  Hoorah!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #587 on: February 03, 2016, 11:05:36 pm »
Admiring my new seeds that arrived today from the Heritage Seed Library.  :D

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #588 on: February 04, 2016, 11:28:54 am »
ooooh seeds!  anything exciting may I ask?
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #589 on: February 04, 2016, 01:40:16 pm »
If by chance I am short of something to read a seed catalogue does nicely, even an old one.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #590 on: February 04, 2016, 08:48:25 pm »
Managed to have a bit of a rest today and did some baking for the family. 1 big sticky ginger loaf and 1 huge chocolate and cream filled gateau with choc buttercream icing on top, flavoured with orange and cointreau, absoloutely fabulous :yum:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #591 on: February 05, 2016, 12:30:56 am »
ooooh seeds!  anything exciting may I ask?

All heritage varieties, of course: runner beans, peas, squash and carrots.  :excited:

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #592 on: February 12, 2016, 10:02:44 am »
Been up since silly o'clock, on my day off  ::) , revising Spreadsheets before I start Advanced Spreadsheets on Monday. AND I have a load of washing out   :sunshine:  just waiting for the  :raining:

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #593 on: February 12, 2016, 12:50:01 pm »
Been mostly herding the geese back to the field from three fields down much to the bemusement of passing drivers :roflanim:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #594 on: February 12, 2016, 02:03:15 pm »
Been rounding up a buffalo to get in the crush ready for vet. On a nicer note I think I  have located my missing ram and should be going to get him back in a bit

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #595 on: March 02, 2016, 09:33:02 am »
Looking forward to tomorrow when I will be getting the keys to my new smallholding  :excited:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #596 on: March 04, 2016, 05:36:01 pm »
had quite a busy week, quiet day today though! My mum and I have been away all week and we both had a lovely indian head massage and full back massage, feels great and so relaxed ;D really enjoyed my week away from the farm with extended family; had a nice break before all the hard work on farm really kicks off in 2 weeks time. Going home tomoz and am going to try and buy an oufit from online, shoes included (what a fashion victim I have become) :roflanim: :roflanim: for the 19th march fam get together, can't wait! :excited: :excited:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #597 on: March 04, 2016, 10:21:04 pm »
Having spent more time in ARI this week I spent today convincing my boss that I was fit and able to work and would not die at the wheel , thing is I had to drive the truck 20 miles to the remote office he was working from to see him , having made sure the vehicle was loaded beforehand I set off , he met me at the door asked for a urine sample ( yes my company really does take the.. ) ,  walk in a straight line , as if I've done that in the last 20years .
The sample went straight down to loo and I staggered back to the truck having been told  “ well you got this far, carry on” but you are on “holiday” next week . Bit of a result ! Having said that by the end of the day I felt awful .
I didnt crash , no kittens where run over and everythis was delivered correctly ( So I believe )
Its taken me three and a bit hours to feed and milk the goats ,My head is boiling , so I'm off to bed.
Tomorrow I will mainly be sleeping the sleep of the dead.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #598 on: March 05, 2016, 08:41:31 am »
Today I will be making the long journey  home from Yorkshire to Mid Wales. What a week it has been too, but I wont
bore you or make you jealous with the details. I must admit going home fills me with dread because it means that I have to start feeding the calves again and all the other jobs, but I will try and keep me pecker up and face them like a toughen (will be weird though I have been away 5 days now and feel like a stranger to the farm; haven't had a holiday like this in nearly 7 years!)

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #599 on: March 06, 2016, 12:36:47 pm »
Today I will be making the long journey  home from Yorkshire to Mid Wales. What a week it has been too, but I wont
bore you or make you jealous with the details. I must admit going home fills me with dread because it means that I have to start feeding the calves again and all the other jobs, but I will try and keep me pecker up and face them like a toughen (will be weird though I have been away 5 days now and feel like a stranger to the farm; haven't had a holiday like this in nearly 7 years!)

By now it'll seem like you've never been away , the calves will be glad to see you back the "other jobs" have kept themselves for you , it's home and you love it......

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS