Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 332354 times)

Justin

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Devon
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #495 on: October 20, 2015, 06:37:54 pm »
Breaking my finish mower  >:(

Was doing a cut of the fields and noticed an odd small of burning rubber. Looked back to find smoke billowing out of the mower gearbox cover. Investigating showed some old wire fencing had been picked up from, presumably, the edge of a field and had locked the cutters. The PTO had kept spinning so the drive belts quickly burned against the spinning pulley.

Bugger.

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #496 on: October 22, 2015, 10:00:27 am »
Last night, in the dark ... re-enforcing some stock fencing in order to stop my ram lambs jumping in with my ewes!   One did get in, but as they all have sponges in I doubt whether he got lucky.  If he did then it might make it a bit harder for me to get the sponges out next week!! :(

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #497 on: October 22, 2015, 11:14:35 am »
Trying my hand at plastering as the plasterers have been coming over "tomorrow morning" for the past two months

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #498 on: October 22, 2015, 10:15:19 pm »
Crawling along the M6 and then the M40 on the way to visit my family in East Sussex. Not the whole way obviously but far too many miles doing around 15mph.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #499 on: October 22, 2015, 11:14:05 pm »
Throwing out cheap smelling air fresheners, feel kinda bad cause they were gifts from family, but they have to go as they're not making my brothers sinus's any better, plus the smell is horrible.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #500 on: October 25, 2015, 07:11:29 pm »
getting mentally prepared for my return to work tomorrow in the knowledge that I completed my list of jobs  ( :thumbsup: )  Take my advice ( I'm still not using it ) beware of a Big Blue lorry in Aberdeen.....

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #501 on: October 25, 2015, 07:59:11 pm »
Working and being badgered by holiday makers who assume every sheep with its head in wire within 100 miles of my front door must be mine.

DavidandCollette

• Joined Dec 2012
« Reply #502 on: October 26, 2015, 11:23:13 am »
Making Christmas cake no.2 as Poppy the springer took a liking to no.1 :rant:

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #503 on: October 26, 2015, 11:47:44 am »
Seperating a calf from its mum and trying to find out what's wrong with one of my chickens >:(
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #504 on: October 26, 2015, 07:06:06 pm »
Looking for 3 sheep who have gone walkabout ????
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #505 on: October 26, 2015, 07:28:29 pm »
Looking for 3 sheep who have gone walkabout ????

Dear Bo Peep..............

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #506 on: October 26, 2015, 07:34:04 pm »
Working and being badgered by holiday makers who assume every sheep with its head in wire within 100 miles of my front door must be mine.

Just as every straying animal is assumed to be mine!!

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #507 on: October 26, 2015, 07:55:46 pm »
I had an angry answer phone message (our number is on the gate for the accountancy business): "I am a holiday maker (oh here we go) and have been camping (illegally) in the layby (main road 1/2 a mile away) looking over the hedges from my camper van (ivory tower) I have seen (everything I can possibly take umbridge at including but not limited too) a sheep with its head caught it has been there AT LEAST 3 hours, I came to your (private) yard to tell you about it but apparently there was no one home (no there bloody wasn't mate) your dogs were most unfriendly (not as unfriendly as my wife was when she picked up the message buddy - lucky escape!)"

No name no number, no indication of where the sheep would be found. I checked all my boundaries in the dark.. thanks mate - I hear Scotland is nice this time of year

Nice of him to make the effort on one hand but rather than pompous his way around the countryside telling random people to "do something" why not pull it out? Its not my sheep, its not my land, its not even close! 

Oh and today I have been mainly plastering (again)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 08:00:52 pm by Me »

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #508 on: October 27, 2015, 03:47:24 pm »
changing my bank!! Had enough of RBS and their nonsense, shutting my local branch etc  >:(
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Foobar

• Joined Mar 2012
  • South Wales
« Reply #509 on: October 28, 2015, 04:22:07 pm »
Trying to apply for a mortgage ...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS