Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 332405 times)

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #450 on: September 29, 2015, 03:28:57 pm »
pottering about cleaning water troughs, retreiving lick buckets from all the croft, making jam and enjoying the sunshine  :sunshine:
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #451 on: September 29, 2015, 04:18:51 pm »
trying to shift a cold. Feeding calves, moving buffalo onto fresh pasture and picking blackberries and rosehips. The  :sunshine: is gorgeous and warm here today :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #452 on: September 29, 2015, 06:19:13 pm »
composting yet another pair of pruners.... I use them to cut up the bigger stuff and by the the time i have finished the compost the pruners have disappeared....
Its not the first time the pruners have gone in with the compost but strangely I never find them again.

The vegetable knife is my favourite compost ingredient!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #453 on: September 29, 2015, 11:46:59 pm »
Visiting Beeducked, sitting in the sun, getting my separator to work, choosing which of Beeducked's boy goats is going to have the pleasure of my girl, Caldi (it's Max because I love his spots) and meeting Blossom and Petal the large black pigs (not so large yet) and tickling their tummies. Oh and eating lots and lots and lots of homemade goat milk ice cream.

And, not to forget, waiting for the phone call to tell me number seven grandchild had been born. Instead I had a text telling me that they were back home, DIL had had 'some treatment' that wouldn't start things for 24 hours and they are going back to the hospital tomorrow. Baby is already two weeks late so I wish they'd get a move on.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #454 on: September 30, 2015, 10:59:08 am »
Putting of doing my vat returns.
Anne

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #455 on: September 30, 2015, 12:26:35 pm »
Visiting Beeducked, sitting in the sun, getting my separator to work, choosing which of Beeducked's boy goats is going to have the pleasure of my girl, Caldi (it's Max because I love his spots) and meeting Blossom and Petal the large black pigs (not so large yet) and tickling their tummies. Oh and eating lots and lots and lots of homemade goat milk ice cream.

And, not to forget, waiting for the phone call to tell me number seven grandchild had been born. Instead I had a text telling me that they were back home, DIL had had 'some treatment' that wouldn't start things for 24 hours and they are going back to the hospital tomorrow. Baby is already two weeks late so I wish they'd get a move on.
I believe congrats are in order MGM, I hope everything goes smoothly.

Mainly feeding calves today and cleaning out their building, if I feel OK later. Then sorting out stuff, so I don't have to rush to get it done before the weekend.
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Cheviot

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Scottish Borders, north of Moffat
    • Hawkshaw Sheep yarn
« Reply #456 on: September 30, 2015, 12:40:22 pm »
Sitting outside in the sun  :sunshine: :sunshine: :sunshine: carding alpaca fibre  :llama:
Cheviot, Shetland and Hebridean sheep.

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #457 on: September 30, 2015, 01:34:17 pm »
Supervising goat sex  :goat:   :fc:
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #458 on: September 30, 2015, 07:43:13 pm »
“Enjoying” a day at the Foresterhill “health spa “ ( ARI )   :-J the corridor artwork is unchanged from my last “Me” day  but the attention from dusky maidens plying me with drugs , scanning me with a  scanning thing and doing what the NHS staff do best with care and compassion is most appreciated . Not to mention the  stretch limo to and from the door , well ,the park and ride bus !( I'm easily pleased )
And when I got home I have to admit that I sat in the warm sun :sunshine: , under a clear blue sky and did nothing.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #459 on: September 30, 2015, 11:05:59 pm »

I believe congrats are in order MGM, I hope everything goes smoothly.

Mainly feeding calves today and cleaning out their building, if I feel OK later. Then sorting out stuff, so I don't have to rush to get it done before the weekend.

Yes, Magnus Tashi was born this morning after a very short labour. He's absolutely gorgeous  and I can't wait to meet him in a few days.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #460 on: October 01, 2015, 05:31:05 am »
What an excellent Name

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #461 on: October 01, 2015, 05:02:37 pm »
Congratulations Lesley! Have you finished the shawl? :spin: :knit: :hug:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #462 on: October 01, 2015, 06:01:37 pm »
Welcome to the world, Magnus. Leslie you are catching up on me, only three more to go!! Congratulations!!

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #463 on: October 01, 2015, 07:31:43 pm »
...... Quilting! I promised number two daughter a new quilted bedspread for her new flat. She is coming home at the weekend to remove more of her belongings from our garage, so I need to have it finished by then! I have the quilting finished, just need to see on a binding and then it is done!

smhowie

• Joined May 2014
  • irvine, ayrshire, scotland
« Reply #464 on: October 02, 2015, 07:37:22 am »
doing my day job

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS