Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312486 times)

Louise Gaunt

• Joined May 2011
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2015, 05:05:39 pm »
..... Helping OH remove a huge branch that almost came down from the tree in the hen run. It was hanging on by one very thin bit of wood and bark, but proved a bit of a devil to get down. i am amazed we didn't squash any if the hens, they were running under the dropping branches looking for grubs and insects! Lots of logs for the winter!

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2015, 05:11:39 pm »
.....a lot of driving Mum's Taxi for a 19 yr old who cant pass her flaming driving test  :rant:

If you don't mind me asking what's the driving instructor like?

I have a driving instructor near me and everyone he has taught passed first time, he makes sure that you go in for your driving test at the correct time and not a minute before. All my brothers passed first time with him and he has a solid reputation for instructing and a really nice guy too. Today I have another building to clean. The cow can't be too far away from calving now and her bag is huge.

Kind thought WBF but its not the driving instructor! My daughter has no concept of steering, cant judge speed and is far too cocky. TBH Im glad she doesn't have a license as she isn't safe to be out alone in a car
Is it time to retire yet?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2015, 06:01:31 pm »
...... sneezing, coughing and blowing my nose  :unwell:

Oh no, you too!  Get well soon  :hug:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2015, 06:49:44 pm »
picked more rag today and now am feeling sooooo stiff. Everyone get better soon. :)
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2015, 10:04:28 pm »
Making cheese and knitting a blanket for the new grandchild due in September.  :knit: :knit:

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2015, 06:54:08 am »
Learning to use a drop spindle.  Having been spinning lace weight on my wheel for several weeks I am finding spinning thicker and learning together a bit hard.  My OH now reckons he knows how the drop got put onto the word spindle.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2015, 07:14:24 pm »
..... same as yesterday !  :unwell:

You get well soon too Sally  :)
Is it time to retire yet?

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2015, 07:17:45 pm »
..... same as yesterday !  :unwell:

You get well soon too Sally  :)

Ditto and likewise!   :hug:  :unwell:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2015, 09:13:37 pm »
Pulled more ragwort again, its popping up everywhere drives me insane. Then to boot got charged by a young bovine I managed to stop her in time, she was just being playful, but am angry and shaken up. I guess I just feel depressed today the weather is highly depressing. :rant:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2015, 09:28:54 pm »
I feel your weather pain, topping a flat field in 4 wheel drive today and had to leave a patch reedy as was spinning

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #220 on: July 28, 2015, 09:36:39 pm »
I feel your weather pain, topping a flat field in 4 wheel drive today and had to leave a patch reedy as was spinning

ha ha spinning? i've had my 4x4 stuck in the middle of the croft since January, still too wet to get it out  >:(
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2015, 09:48:13 pm »
More cheese and more knitting.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2015, 10:11:21 pm »
Took grandchildren to Pizza Express and then to see Minions movie, great way to spend a wet day!
Anne

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2015, 10:14:08 pm »

ha ha spinning? i've had my 4x4 stuck in the middle of the croft since January, still too wet to get it out  >:(

4 x 4 tractor

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #224 on: July 29, 2015, 10:10:00 pm »
making a list of all the jobs around the place that need doing very soon, very very soon .

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS