Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 331932 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2015, 06:59:22 pm »
 :innocent:  I wouldn't dare! I'm bound to do something similar - there is such a thing as Karma  :excited:

But I will have a  little :roflanim:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2015, 08:58:49 pm »
Doesn't it always rain in Wales  :innocent:  :sofa:
Not always, but these past few years have been extreme weather ( apart from last year of course which was gorgeous weather). I feel like crying sometimes when this weather won't let me cut for hay :'( :'(
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2015, 09:01:18 pm »
Today I have mainly been Cursing myself,

Let me begin, today has been a rare day of sunshine and little breeze, not willing to start a major job I decided that our Miele chest freezer top of the range and not very old  required the rust spots  on the lid be dealt with, after all living in an out building this sort of thing happens, Thus having all the materials at hand  I sanded down the lid and re applied the primer coat , a couple of hours later a quick rub with the wet and dry and a wipe off and I have an exquisitely smooth surface.

Its getting quite warm now ( well 16°C here in Aberdeenshire is tropical ) and after the shake for 2 mins I apply the first light coat of Plasticoat  appliance white and then a second , it dries nicely in the heat.
Then another rub down and eventually the final coat, just enough in the tin as well, left and right then up and down and its done , looking good looks like that will last and so in my moment of pride ….............  I put the paint tin down on the still wet paint on the lid.

Go on in your own time
Ah man am so sorry to hear that, I've done similar to that and I know how frustrating it is.  :(
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2015, 09:04:59 pm »
Doesn't it always rain in Wales  :innocent:  :sofa:

Yes. Visit Scotland.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2015, 10:26:25 pm »
..... fencing again, interspersed with a lot of driving Mum's Taxi for a 19 yr old who cant pass her flaming driving test  :rant:

One bright note though ( before we get the deluge over the next few days).....got to watch the last 45 mins of the local village cricket match in glorious sunshine. Very proud to say my 21 yr old son took 5 wickets for 34 and was applauded off the ground  :sunshine:
Is it time to retire yet?

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #200 on: July 26, 2015, 07:24:33 am »
.....a lot of driving Mum's Taxi for a 19 yr old who cant pass her flaming driving test  :rant:

Get her a bicycle , she'll soon pass  :)

Penninehillbilly

• Joined Sep 2011
  • West Yorks
« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2015, 12:11:12 pm »
Why pass your test when you have a free taxi?  :innocent:

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2015, 03:58:27 pm »
So you can make a fortune taxi-ing people around!

Today: Selling rams and buying tractors - good day!

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2015, 05:40:18 pm »
repainting the chest freezer top........... for some reason   :huff:

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2015, 09:17:59 pm »
Tackled the closed up hen house which is full of red mite.......can't stop scratching now.
Anne

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2015, 10:38:17 pm »
Avoiding the rain.  :gloomy:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #206 on: July 26, 2015, 11:07:49 pm »
wheezing  :( :unwell:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2015, 09:26:52 am »
.....a lot of driving Mum's Taxi for a 19 yr old who cant pass her flaming driving test  :rant:

If you don't mind me asking what's the driving instructor like?

I have a driving instructor near me and everyone he has taught passed first time, he makes sure that you go in for your driving test at the correct time and not a minute before. All my brothers passed first time with him and he has a solid reputation for instructing and a really nice guy too. Today I have another building to clean. The cow can't be too far away from calving now and her bag is huge.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:16:00 pm by waterbuffalofarmer »

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2015, 02:02:39 pm »
Metal detecting with a topper. So far I have found an old set of chain harrows  :hshoe:

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2015, 02:32:37 pm »
...... sneezing, coughing and blowing my nose  :unwell:
Is it time to retire yet?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS