Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312497 times)

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2015, 11:19:51 am »
Lucky you. I got the 4x4 stuck while sponging ewes the other day, on a flat field, in July.  :sunshine:  :raining:

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2015, 01:25:24 pm »

.....been getting wet :excited: :excited: My neighbour got the last of his hay in yesterday evening and I prayed for rain and it has been raining ever since. Lovely gentle rain that is soaking into the ground, not running off :) :)

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2015, 06:26:29 pm »
...fencing, fencing, fencing. Bad back is now 50% worse  :(
Is it time to retire yet?

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2015, 07:11:04 pm »
...fencing, fencing, fencing. Bad back is now 50% worse  :(
I feel for you, mine is breaking :gloomy:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #184 on: July 24, 2015, 07:43:02 pm »
I laid 56 2x2 council grey slabs today...

My back is feeling all your pains...

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #185 on: July 24, 2015, 07:50:27 pm »
They are serious heavy

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #186 on: July 24, 2015, 11:16:01 pm »
...mainly warping up with a friend.   :weave:  :excited:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Cosmore

• Joined Jun 2015
  • Dorset
« Reply #187 on: July 25, 2015, 10:39:25 am »
...mainly warping up with a friend.   :weave:  :excited:
So what's weft to do........?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #188 on: July 25, 2015, 11:15:15 am »
wasting time on this damned machine  :-[ 

I did just finish and email out a couple of meeting minutes though.   :eyelashes:

Off outside now to see if the grass is dry enough to cut after last night's rain  :fc:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #189 on: July 25, 2015, 04:02:44 pm »
Spent 3 hrs pulling ragwort from hedges, all prickly and sore now. Where has the day gone? ???
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2015, 04:48:20 pm »
...shovelling and barrowing soil again in order to make another flower bed in front of our shed.  Have now got rained off so now showered, tea'ed up and catching up on here.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2015, 04:56:38 pm »

I did just finish and email out a couple of meeting minutes though.   :eyelashes:

Off outside now to see if the grass is dry enough to cut after last night's rain  :fc:
And guess what, it's raining again - so no grass cut AGAIN!!!!!  :rant: :rant: :rant:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #192 on: July 25, 2015, 05:42:33 pm »

And guess what, it's raining again - so no grass cut AGAIN!!!!!  :rant: :rant: :rant:
am sorry to hear that I hope it clears up soon. :) we got a dry day here but more rain this evening and for the next forever I bet. :rant: I really need to cut for hay but whenever the grass is big enough the rain never stops :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #193 on: July 25, 2015, 05:59:53 pm »
Doesn't it always rain in Wales  :innocent:  :sofa:

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #194 on: July 25, 2015, 06:43:22 pm »
Today I have mainly been Cursing myself,

Let me begin, today has been a rare day of sunshine and little breeze, not willing to start a major job I decided that our Miele chest freezer top of the range and not very old  required the rust spots  on the lid be dealt with, after all living in an out building this sort of thing happens, Thus having all the materials at hand  I sanded down the lid and re applied the primer coat , a couple of hours later a quick rub with the wet and dry and a wipe off and I have an exquisitely smooth surface.

Its getting quite warm now ( well 16°C here in Aberdeenshire is tropical ) and after the shake for 2 mins I apply the first light coat of Plasticoat  appliance white and then a second , it dries nicely in the heat.
Then another rub down and eventually the final coat, just enough in the tin as well, left and right then up and down and its done , looking good looks like that will last and so in my moment of pride ….............  I put the paint tin down on the still wet paint on the lid.

Go on in your own time

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS