Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Today I have been mainly,  (Read 312524 times)

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
Re: Today I have been mainly,
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2015, 07:10:01 pm »
burning old hay/straw/muck etc  :farmer:

I LOVE a bonfire  :thumbsup:
Is it time to retire yet?

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #136 on: July 16, 2015, 07:20:53 pm »

Burning, child, burning!! Where's your compost bin :o

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
  • Owner of 61 Mediterranean water buffaloes
« Reply #137 on: July 16, 2015, 07:37:05 pm »

How big a pile?
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Carse Goodlifers

• Joined Oct 2013
  • Perthshire
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2015, 07:41:39 pm »
...returning from a couple of nights away up in Grantown-on-Spey  :thumbsup:
And on our return home just got the grass cut before the rain comes later on tonight/tomo morning :D

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #139 on: July 16, 2015, 07:44:55 pm »
The usual jobs and had to drive around town to do shopping, look for a substitute feed for animals, until the normal batch comes back on Tuesday. I also had to look for new wellies as these are killing my feet.   >:(
the most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, loving concern.

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2015, 10:10:23 pm »
thought it was Christmas because I've been ho ho ho'ing for four hours straight.  :innocent: :santa:
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

Me

• Joined Feb 2014
  • Wild West
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2015, 10:12:49 pm »
In a Huggy Bear type way?

fiestyredhead331

• Joined Sep 2012
  • NW Highlands
    • Facebook
« Reply #142 on: July 17, 2015, 01:11:24 am »

How big a pile?

not that big a pile but too big to warrant spending 8 hours pushing my barrow over rough ground to get to it , the main pile is over on the other side of the croft AKA the midden
keeper of goats, sheep, pigs, ducks, chickens, turkeys, dogs, cats, goldfish and children, just don't ask me which is the most work!

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2015, 07:51:57 am »
Got up early (again,) to carry water from the stream to the large veg plot. No rain for 2 months and yesterday's forecast for a storm has now been updated to scorching. Off to pick beans and yet more courgettes  :roflanim:

www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Q

• Joined Apr 2013
« Reply #144 on: July 18, 2015, 09:27:01 am »
Started the day off with dispatching the first two cockerels from this years hatch   :( a job I really dislike but getting used to it a bit more.  IF only they didnt crow
If you cant beat 'em then at least bugger 'em about a bit.

Kimbo

• Joined Feb 2015
  • Anglezarke, Lancashire
« Reply #145 on: July 18, 2015, 10:45:09 am »
..... recovering from yesterday's Graduation Day ( my son's) on the other side of the country. Doesn't time fly?
Is it time to retire yet?

waterbuffalofarmer

• Joined Apr 2014
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #146 on: July 18, 2015, 11:59:08 am »
Did some gardening, checked the sheep and fell down a sloping part in the field cause of the rain  :roflanim:, milked the buffaloes and am about to mend a few fences.

Rupert the bear

• Joined Jun 2015
« Reply #147 on: July 18, 2015, 07:17:10 pm »
Finished ed the second lot of haylage all wrapped and stacked, all before Mrs RTB returned from the Goat show.
Mind you we were up at 4am ! Now I will take lots of ( prescription ) drugs have a hot shower and go to bed , hope not to wake up for a very long time......

devonlady

• Joined Aug 2014
« Reply #148 on: July 18, 2015, 11:24:54 pm »
Oh!, I would so love to go to bed at 7-30, some nights I long to :tired:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2015, 08:03:55 am »
Started the day off with dispatching the first two cockerels from this years hatch   :( a job I really dislike but getting used to it a bit more.  IF only they didnt crow

If it makes you feel any better, Q, if you don't dispatch your cockerels, nor keep them locked up in single-sex runs, then as they reach sexual maturity, groups of them will start gang-raping your pullets and can even kill them.  (Ask me how I know.)  So you're not just disposing of them to stop the noise, you are protecting the hens.  (It used to make me feel a lot better about it, knowing what would happen if I didn't.)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS