Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: More crap news  (Read 34538 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: More crap news
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2010, 07:17:49 am »

Could she have helped the goats on their foraging escapade? ::) ::)
[/quote]

No is the answer Annie. The dogs are never allowed out the back area for the simple reason is they would go after the animals and 2 of them would more than likely be straight in to the river!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2010, 09:38:00 am »
Anything else she could have eaten?  The goats wouldn't have taken some leaves back inot the front yard would they?  I know you've probably gone over and over the possible causes, sorry if I'm just putting you throught it again, James, trying to help.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2010, 10:46:34 am »
Anything else she could have eaten?  The goats wouldn't have taken some leaves back inot the front yard would they?  I know you've probably gone over and over the possible causes, sorry if I'm just putting you throught it again, James, trying to help.

Not at all Annie but again the answer to that is No. She's still not back to how she used to be, still seems quiet at times. However, she is still on medication and perhaps that is making her tired. I did take the 3 of them along the beach the other day and she ran about like a mad man.

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2010, 08:52:24 pm »
Hi James,

Just caught up on this thread...I hope everything is o.k. now...my best wishes are with you
John  :farmer:

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2010, 08:56:10 pm »
Hi James,

Just caught up on this thread...I hope everything is o.k. now...my best wishes are with you
John  :farmer:

Thanks John. Gynty is doing well, with cancer it is just wait and see. However, she is showing no signs of being unwell so hopefully she will go on for a long time. Topsy is also doing well, just gone in to season which is the last thing she needed as this makes her quiet and miserable. Apart from that we are doing grand. Cheers. :) Our vet bill so far this year has been horrendous, but what else can we do?

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2010, 09:01:57 pm »
Wish I knew the answer James...maybe we should have both become vets...at least we would be receiving the money instead of paying it out!!

Good luck
John

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2010, 10:50:46 am »
I'm sitting here waiting for the vet to phone as I am taking Topsy in to see her. She is sitting rolling her head like you know when you are sitting in a chair and you can't keep your eyes open and your head keeps falling to the side - that's what she's doing.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2010, 11:05:47 am »
fingers crossed James . The poor  girl is having a time of it  !! All the best mate .....

cheers

Russ

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2010, 12:36:51 pm »
The vet is sure it is all to do with her being in season, I am not convinced and don't think things look good for her. Fingers crossed!

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2010, 02:23:32 pm »
My thoughts and best wishes are with you James...hope everything works out for both of you

John

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2010, 02:29:30 pm »
Did the vet mention strokes at all?  They manifest themselves differently in dogs from humans, and that sounds a bit like one to me. 
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2010, 02:32:59 pm »
No mention of stroke but Liz did mention that too. I am taking her to the vets at 3.00pm as we are sure she is "swaying". The worry is that with her having liver failure it has effected her neurological system. This does seem to fit in with the lack of balance.

sandy

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2010, 07:26:20 pm »
Dam!! poor dog and poor you, sounds like a stressful time.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2010, 07:59:18 pm »
hope the vet visit went ok James?  thinking of you...
Little Blue

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2010, 08:32:24 pm »
Fingers crossed James
kirsty

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS