Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: More crap news  (Read 34316 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
More crap news
« on: January 23, 2010, 01:37:46 pm »
I received a phone call in the middle of the night lastnight from my sister to tell me that my 5 year old cocker spaniel was unwell (this is the pup of Gynty who has cancer, we found out on the 31st of last month). Anyway, she has just got out from the vets and has liver failure, and we are not home till Tuesday, what a dreadful start to our year!

The vet has said they could get things under control with drugs but at this early stage things do not look promising for her. I just wish we were at home, this has come so out of the blue. This distance is hell.

sandy

Re: More crap news
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 03:22:26 pm »
Sorry to hear about the dog, You need your holiday and the dog will be cared for until you get home although I am sure she will be on your mind till you return now. It's strange how these sort of things always seem to happen when people are on holiday....

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 05:28:34 pm »
James,
I'm so sorry to hear that  :(
You'll soon be home and at least she'll get some cuddles from her dad.
I've still got the photo's so consider reiki on it's way  ;)
Take care, Karen x

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 06:40:05 pm »
Sorry to hear that, James.  I'm seeing Liz on Tuesday afternoon so I'll be thinking of you all then.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 07:20:05 pm »
Oh James, so sorry to hear that.  Thinking of you
Little Blue

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2010, 08:18:26 pm »
Oh James, what grim news especially when you're away.  She'll be getting the best of care and you'll be home soon.  Keep strong.

sandy

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 07:54:14 pm »
James, you are such a nice person I fell upset for you.......my brother will not have a dog as  he is afraid he will get too attatched, he is missing out and a dog is missing out, what love and ho me you give is for the dogs life, whether it is 1 year or 20 years, the quality counts :bouquet:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 08:21:04 pm »
Sorry to hear about your double whammy.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 08:44:12 pm »
....my brother will not have a dog as  he is afraid he will get too attatched,
I have a friend abit like that, she will have an animal, but cannot get another the same sort after it passes away cos "its not the same, and that was my cat/rabbit etc, so i cant have another"
Keep telling her she's missing out...
Little Blue

sandy

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 08:51:57 pm »
If you go through life avoiding upset your life will be dull!!! live and love I say (back to the hippy day's)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 10:23:02 pm »
So sorry to hear James- I'm sure your sister is giving her the best possible care.

Beth

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 12:03:23 pm »
So sad James but I am sure your sister is giving the pup all the love and care that is needed. Hope the news is better once you are back home.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 05:31:35 pm »
We got home this morning and boy is it cold???

Topsy is still a massive worry to us. My sister is sure the swelling has gone down a little but she is so swollen she is not steady on her feet and she is also off her food which is definitely not like her. I phoned the vet to see if the results were back from the fluid they removed but not yet.

We did get a terrific welcome from her and she is undoubtedly happy that we are home.

Thanks for everyone's kind words of encouragement. :)

sandy

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 06:22:32 pm »
Heating full blast!!! Hot Bath!!! Big Bowl of Stew, Treacle Tart and Custard, then off to bed with hot water bottles and Electric Blanets!!! ;D ;D Oh, and WELCOME BACK!!!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 09:23:07 pm »
welcome home James & Kenny, hoping all the very best for your pup, I bet they were all pleased to see you!   x
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS