Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: More crap news  (Read 34502 times)

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
Re: More crap news
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2010, 03:13:31 pm »
 so so sorry to hear the news James , it is terrible . I lost my spaniel Ghillie 2 years ago now , so I know exactly how you feel mate . No words can make it any better , but she new she was loved and will always be in your mind and heart ... all the best mate....

Russ

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2010, 07:14:05 pm »
Very sorry for your loss - losing a loved pet is the pits.
Revel in the happy memories.
Tish

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2010, 07:16:35 pm »
oh guys, i am so sorry for you both, and the other dogs as well.  it's so hard to lose a young life.

When we came in for lunch last week, diane and i were talking to all 3 of them in the car park and she seemed so well - albeit a little quiet.  Poor wee lass but at least she is no longer in pain, not that that makes you miss her any less.

Hugs from us both xx

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2010, 10:16:02 pm »
James, I am so sorry.  I have had two cockers with liver cancer and both had similar symptoms to Topsy.  I had hoped it wasn't the same with Topsy.  You've had a rotten year so far, hope it improves from now. xx
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2010, 10:34:49 pm »
So sorry to hear the news about Topsy. She looked a lovely dog.  You did everything you could for her.  I do hope things improve for you - you have had it rough with you animals recently.

Hellybee

• Joined Feb 2010
    • www.blaengwawrponies.co.uk
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2010, 10:35:26 pm »
Dear James, Hello im a newbie and have only just caught up on your thread, Im so very very sorry for your loss. From what i have read here your little lady couldnt have wished for a better friend, run free little Topsy xxx

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2010, 12:09:16 am »
My heart felt condolences James...a sad loss...but you made the right decision...as we all knew you would.

John

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2010, 07:54:11 am »
Thanks every one, I appreciate your thoughts and kind words. Yesterday was not an easy day for us and the house seems very empty with just 1 wee girl missing. Gynty is due to go in for her cancer op tomorrow which causes us fears as Ruby will be left with no other dog company. We rescued her over 2 years ago and she had always been 2 of many dogs so therefore never been without diggy company. We will just have to make a huge fuss of her and make sure 1 of us us with her most of the time.

The breeder we got both Topsy and Gynty from has offered us a beautiful 6 month old wee girl but it seems wrong to consider this so soon afterwards. I will want to get another one, time will tell.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2010, 09:21:13 am »
She will keep her for you I'm sure, till you make up your mind, James.  Thinking of Gynty just now, though.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2010, 11:55:49 am »
Gynty went in to the vets this morning and between the vet and us we decided not to go for the mamary strip. So, they sre going to remove the lump and x ray her lievr and lymph nodes and see how far, if any, the cancer has spread. We are all much happier and more comfortable with this and now we will take each stage as it comes and it helped that the vet agreed with our thoughts.

On a happier note I went to see this pup yesterday as I was down that way at the dentist yesterday and I brought her home with me. Her name is Floss and she is 6 months old. She has settled in really well and although will nevr replace Topsy she does help with the loss. I never expected to have another so soon but that's fate for you I guess.

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2010, 02:58:40 pm »
Life has a funny way of never throwing us more than we can cope with at any one time - even though it tests us to the limit sometimes.  Your new girlie was meant to be I'm guessing otherwise, she would have been taken by someone before now.

Enjoy her.  Topsy's 'spirit' will always be around, even if she's not there in person.

Laura

Farmer

• Joined May 2009
  • Sidway, Staffordshire
    • Farmeats.com
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2010, 04:33:25 pm »
Another great decision James...you're on a roll...we got two rescue dogs not long after losing our Jack last year and it was the best decision we made...wouldn't swap them for the world!

Hope things go well with Gynty...and give Floss and Ruby a big sloppy kiss each from me!

John

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2010, 04:56:45 pm »
Your new girlie was meant to be I'm guessing otherwise, she would have been taken by someone before now.
Yes, it was meant to be.  Liz held onto this pup hoping to be able to show her and the only thing wrong is that her head hasn't grown in proportion to her body - yet ;).  She has the most delightful nature.  I have watched her grow from when she was just hours old.  She is beautiful.  She is a lucky little girl to go to such a loving home.

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2010, 05:52:56 pm »
So sorry to hear about Topsy, James  :( It was the kindest thing to do for her, but also the hardest decision to make. I hope things look up for Gynty, and am so glad to hear about your new little addition to the family  :bouquet:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2010, 07:32:45 pm »
Hi James, so very sorry to hear about Topsy.  Little Floss and her doggy pals will help ease the sadness.
Love and hugs to you   x
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS