Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: More crap news  (Read 34314 times)

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
Re: More crap news
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2010, 09:55:29 pm »
Got Gynty home from the vets just after 6.00pm tonight and she is doing well. She is bright and lively and ate a little dinner. Her x rays show no sign of change since the last set that were taken in December so that has to be brilliant news. However, there is an expert at reading these x rays going to the practice next Wednesday and they are going to get him to offer his opinion. On the whole we are delighted with todays news.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2010, 10:12:34 pm »
I guess I should have posted a photo of the latest member. This is Floss.

Jackie

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2010, 06:55:02 pm »
Ive been away so havent caught up with this thread until now.

James I am so sorry for your loss, I know it really does hurt. You did all you could for Topsy, you could not have done more and the decision you took was the right one for all of you.

Aha reading between the lines  (and reading Annies post) it sounds like you have a little showgirl there with your new pup. ;D

You will recognise if she needs to be in the ring if she shows off  (holds her head high amd struts) at every opportunity and waggles her rear end non stop at everyone. You are all going to have great fun if she is.  ;D :D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2010, 07:29:09 pm »
she's a cracker James!
Little Blue

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2010, 10:45:41 pm »
Thanks, she's a pure wee darling and already has us wrapped around her tail, ha ha. She is really coming out of her shell and enjoying getting to get to know her new home.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2010, 10:54:22 pm »
Hope Gynty isn't being too hard on her, James! ;D  Heyla is missing her wee pal I believe
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2010, 10:56:57 pm »
Gynty is not interested in Floss at all for the moment Annie. Ruby is a wee bit out of sorts at the moment but I think she is missing Topsy and yesterday she must have been anxious as Gynty was away at the vets all day and we have introduced this new wee live wire to her. Heyla seems to be a bit more settled now Liz says which is good news.

sagehen

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Warwickshire
« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2010, 11:45:39 am »
Ah bless, she's gorgeous  :love: I'm sure they'll all settle down in time, though.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2010, 08:20:47 am »
Went out to feed the animals this morning and discovered I have 3 sick goats - again!!! All 3 have like sickness around the mouth and not eating
-2 of the Pygmy's and my 12 yr old boy. Everyone say a wee prayer for us. :)

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2010, 08:25:21 am »
James. Sorry to hear your news one is bad enough but three is awful.We hope they are soon better,and your good self as well George and Kath
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2010, 11:21:03 am »
They can't get to that laurel again can they, James?  Hope they are OK
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2010, 11:28:34 am »
We have NO lautel on our land but at times they escape in to a neighbours for some fun. Now have a 4th one being sick. We were certain that we had the fields secure but obviously they have been out yesterday at some point.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2010, 11:39:03 am »
That's what I meant, James, I knew that laurel bush/tree was your neighbour's.  I take it they didn't want it removed altogether?  I do hope you get these little ones well again - we'll definitely be up these holidays to see you, and them.

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2010, 11:44:41 am »
That's what I meant, James, I knew that laurel bush/tree was your neighbour's.  I take it they didn't want it removed altogether?  I do hope you get these little ones well again - we'll definitely be up these holidays to see you, and them.

The laurel they ate last time was removed completely, this time we have no idea where the buggers have been. Look forward to seeing you soon. :)

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2010, 09:41:22 pm »
James, hope they are all getting better - poor wee things

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS