Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Husband/mate for Islay  (Read 28518 times)

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
Re: Husband/mate for Islay
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 02:16:47 pm »
Pretty girl :)  Do you stay in Gartmore Sandy?  I know the area pretty well I have a self catering place in Drymen.

sandy

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 02:50:42 pm »
We are in Clackmannan, we go around Gartmorn Dam for walks sometimes, so many nice walks, trouble is Ben my other Lab is only 1 and we have  only had him 4 mths so do not fully trust him to come back "every" time, last time in Gartmorn he was just going to get in the  car and decided to run off after some cattle, then some Swans, it took us ages to get him back!!!!

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 03:33:12 pm »
Ahh so Gartmorn, not Gartmore LOL  My two stay onlead unless in an area that's maximum security!!! They would run off and not come back at all, it's a breed trait.  THat's the main reason we've bought our property, so they can eventually have the run of a 2 acre paddock :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 04:11:49 pm »
That's why I was looking for a place with land too but it's like hens teeth in Central Scotland.  My breed is fast and furious - much more so than Labs. An acre isn't bad but mine take off like bullets and skim it in seconds.  It's like the wall of death if you get in the way.  Steve was looking a little concerned when he and Sandy were here today. (forgot to give you jam, Sandy, will pop round with it sometime)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 04:45:00 pm »
Hahahaa sounds just like my two LOL Mine go from a-b and take out anything inbetween without even noticing, it's not the first time I've ended up on my butt in the wake of a big hairy monster heheheee

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 05:17:13 pm »
What kind do you have?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

kazschow

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 11:33:39 pm »
Chows.... :)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 11:42:52 pm »
My late partner used to help his Aunt with her Chows. I remember he told me he had gone to Crufts with her one year - I think he was about 13 at the time so that would have been in 1954

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 11:45:51 am »
Do you all use Cameron and Greig's as a vet? I didn't realise their influence had spread as far as your way! George is great but so pessimistic- if we ever got him to see a sick goat he'd always tell us it was going to die!

Beth

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 01:57:16 pm »
Yes, I do - Ian is at Tilly/Marchglen most of the time, and their locum, Albert, is super too.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 08:46:45 pm »
I've known both of them most of my life- Ian's son was in the year below me at school, and their daughter is a couple of years younger.

Small world!

Beth

sandy

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 07:55:12 pm »
Hip score is back and just above the breed average, it was 17, a  higher score than I would have lked but the vet was OK with it, we now shall look for a male with a very low hip score, the search begins!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2009, 12:13:39 am »
That's not bad, I think the breed average is 11.  Good news.

sandy

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 03:23:40 pm »
Got a nice young male gundog lined up, hopefuly going to have a visit at the weekend to see if he is OK, not far away so can visit more than the once to check if he is suitable etc. Fingers crossed and our lovely dog will have pups, we will keep a female anyway!!! watch this space. Doganjo, when are your pups due?

sandy

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 05:10:02 pm »
He is a stunning Gun Dog and the owner looked at Islay and thought she was a good looking dog as well as commenting on her Pedigree as some of her ancestors belonging to the Gamekeeper at Gleneagles!!!! so, we should get some lovely pups!!!! Nice place as well, wish we could afford to send our dogs to be trained with him!!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS