Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Husband/mate for Islay  (Read 28748 times)

sandy

Husband/mate for Islay
« on: August 29, 2009, 09:54:46 pm »
We are going to breed with Islay when she is next in season all being well with her hop score, now we need to look for a bold, black lab from good working stock for her husband but we do not want to travel too far!!!!!

sandy

Re: Husband/mate for Islay
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 10:03:41 pm »
 Still not getting the photo thing!!!!! I will have another go...

sandy

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 10:27:48 pm »
Main reason for this post was to put a photo on and get a bit of practice...getting fed up now as I have missed most of the film..never mind...not too keen anyway!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 10:34:38 pm »
Did you speak to the vet today about getting her x-rayed?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 10:39:47 pm »
Yes booked in for Monday, I will look at the kennel club for mates, just messing about trying to put photos on, sometimes they do not seem to work, I cannot understand as I understand IT but this baffles me...cannot get to my laptop as Steve has it in front of him and is watching a film.........no good photos of Isaly on the main computer....Beck has been inundated with people wanting her pups, sold them all, she could have sold more Lurcher's as hers is a particularly good/sort after strain.....

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 10:45:23 pm »
No good looking at KC for stud dogs - best speak to Field Trial or working people on the ground if you want working strain.  KC ones are show mostly. But if Islay is mostly show strain that's what you should go for.  I'll have a look at her pedigree again sometime soon to try to find suitable dogs.  Look at her parents/grandparents and give me their Kennel names and I'll look them up.  The BVA/HD results take about a month to come through and she's not due in season for a while yet anyway..... 
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 10:49:17 pm »
Thanks, he must be handsome and a good provider... ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 10:49:50 pm »
What about her dowry?

sandy

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 10:58:13 pm »
Thats a point, I hope theres a dog somewhere near, Beck and Edd have had to travel......must be a bit hit and miss for some dogs, I mean, they only usualy have one night stands!!!! The link to the kennel club is not on at the moment, I was going to look!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 11:00:47 pm »
http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/1252

Hmm, not sure they'd have a list of stud dogs anyway, but the website is there, it's not offline just now.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 04:09:06 pm »
George Greig, one of the vets at Cameron and Greig, in Tillicoultry and Milnathort is a super keen shooter / labrador man. He carries four around in his car on his rounds. Might be worth speaking to him, as he knows everyone "labradory".

sandy

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 05:13:25 pm »
Thanks for that, we we get in touch, Islays dad was a Field Trial Champion and his owner also shoots and has several Labs, I see him around Gartmore with them. I look forward to having some pups, I will want to keep them ALL!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 12:14:21 am »
I'll be at the vet tomorrow - I think it's Ian that's on so I'll ask about George's dogs and get his number for you.  Going to get Belle's premate test done - hopefully mating her Tuesday, Wednesday

sandy

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 07:35:49 am »
[/img][/img]
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 12:03:47 pm by sandy »

sandy

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 12:07:48 pm »
How much time am I going to waist on photos? My laptop was not working properly at first and that was logged into photobucket, my main COmputor was working but not logged into photobucket and it would not send me a password reminder!!!! Anyway, here is Isaly, a really good, hard working,bold dog, away at the vets for her checks, fingers crossed puppies next year!!!! Ssame Ben is not in tact, he is a nice dog just poor markings with his bringle legs and white patch on his chest...cute though :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS