Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone want Slimming World diet help?  (Read 43644 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Anyone want Slimming World diet help?
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2013, 06:10:36 pm »
Hmm, yes losing 9 stones is a bit manic  :roflanim: not to mention careless  :roflanim:  We'll try to emulate your success Jackie, but perhaps to a lesser degree.  :fc:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2013, 10:27:29 pm »
Mary, well done for getting on those scales.  And don't be depressed.  Remember, that's the last time you are going to see that weight.  Next time you step on it will be less.

I'm getting on my scales tomorrow.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2013, 09:31:43 am »
Quite right Lesley. Im really hoping that is the case. Im being so good and trying to stay active as much as I can, ill be so disappointed if I havent lost anything the next time I get on those bloomin scales.
It was such a shock seeing that I'd put on so much extra weight yesterday, I spent the whole day in a bad mood. It did increase my resolve and willpower though so hopefully that "little" extra will be gone in a month.
Hope that your scales were a bit kinder to you this morning than mine were to me yesterday!!
Mary.

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2013, 07:37:02 pm »
By now everyone should know what they weight :) we know the hill we have to climb.

Please girls only weight yourselves once a week as it can get disheartening if we think we should have lost more than we have.

Dinner tonight for me was quorn lasagne with roasted veg then the new 4 ryvita thins and peppered low low cheese. I had as much as my 6ft son ate too :) I didnt have room for the strawberries

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2013, 09:06:07 pm »
Mary, my scales weren't very kind.  They had the temerity to suggest I'd put on three pounds in the last two weeks.  I'm sure I couldn't have done.

Although...

I did have egg and chips tonight.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2013, 11:06:04 pm »
I bought SW magazine today to get me in the mood.  I get a weekly shopping delivery so have all week to work out what I want in next weeks delivery  :)
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2013, 03:58:57 am »
My favourite meal is 3 fried eggs, beans and chips all SW style and healthy courtesy of frylight so it doesn't have to be unhealthy  :D

Great idea Bionic, there's some good recipes and inspiring stories in the mag just dont mix and match the plans on the same day:) Some people have a few days on one plan then swap

I tend to use the green plan bu lost all my weight on the red (original) plan. Extra Easy seems too easy so cant seem to get my head round that one?? lol

Tamsaddle

• Joined May 2011
  • Hampshire, near Portsmouth
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2013, 08:04:27 am »
I am completely amazed you can eat 3 fried eggs, beans and chips on the SW diet, even if it is all fried in frylight.   I will have to look into the SW diet again in more detail.   It looks as if there are still green and red days, and sins.   Someone told me about a year ago SW had changed the system completely and red and green days were history, but from your last post, it appears not.   When I did it years ago I lost much more weight using red days than green, as all stodgy carbohydrates are my great weakness and temptation.   Tamsaddle

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2013, 08:25:58 am »
Going to join you with this one  :)  Jackie, you've been an inspiration and I've loved seeing your progress on FB!
I lost 3st on SW 3 yrs back and was almost at target but then we moved house, ironically we moved to the same village where the SW group was (9 miles I'd been driving before) and I stopped going (make sense of that if you will!)
so back to square one....
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2013, 08:47:48 am »
When I lost 3.5 stones on SW diet (quite a few years back) I found that red days suited me best too.
Having said that my favourite stop gap meal was green, fried eggs and instant mashed potato (can't imagine eating instant mash now). It was quick and the mash soaked up the lovely egg yolks.
We also used to make a lot of corned beef quiche which was free on red. I don't think its free these days as you have to count corned beef now but if it worked then so I don't see why it wouldn't work now.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2013, 01:35:13 pm »
Fancy you mentioning the corned beef quiche Bionic. I used to make that too, but in a slightly different way. I didnt make the base with the corned beef, I used to chop it up and mix it into the egg, along with the cottage cheese and onion. I then used to put sliced tomatoes all over the top before I baked it. I then used to do one with eggs, c/cheese, onion, peppers and tinned TUNA. Its lush and WOULD be free food on the red plan today. We cant get cottage cheese in France, but Ive bought something else this morning which apparently will do the same thing. Its fat free too which is great. My shopping trolley contents were so healthy this morning, just as well as I bumped into our doctor at the fish counter. I didnt want him thinking I wasnt trying to lose weight.
Note to all ladies and especially to DAN. Perhaps we should use the diet forum in the archive and get Dan to make it private like the Members bit is. What do you think?

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2013, 01:43:53 pm »
Note to all ladies and especially to DAN. Perhaps we should use the diet forum in the archive and get Dan to make it private like the Members bit is. What do you think?
Yes, that would be good. Don't want to broadcast our failings to the whole world (not that I expect us to have any  :roflanim: )

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2013, 01:52:25 pm »
Failings? What are they? ..Im just off to polish my halo!!! :excited:

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2013, 02:07:32 pm »
If that meal shocked you then listen to what Im having for dinner tonight lol

Minted pea soup

Steak grilled with garlic
SW chips
SW onion rings mushrooms
roasted carrots
side salad with SW colseslaw

Sweet couscous with pineapple and quark cream

Coffee

The only thing that is syns on there is the steak :)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2013, 08:34:48 pm »
I couldn't eat that much.  I had a baked potato with low fat spread and soft blue cheese.  Not good but I forgot to take my pain killers until it was too near the next dose was due and I really couldn't be bothered cooking two separate meals (OH had an individual steak and kidney pudding).

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS