Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone want Slimming World diet help?  (Read 43539 times)

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
Re: Anyone want Slimming World diet help?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 09:13:02 pm »
So its game on then girls for a diet section and asking Dan to set it up for us?

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 09:13:38 pm »
Wow

Well done you
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 09:18:20 pm »
Thank you but its really SW :) Oh yeah and I was bloody minded about it

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 09:30:51 pm »
Put a different head on Jackie's first picture and that could be ME! This just makes me all the more determined. Trouble is, Im too afraid to get on to the scales for the first weigh-in. I keep putting it off as I know Ill just cry when I see those numbers.
My confidence is at an all time low, and I think that's the reason I dont go out very much. I also wonder what people are saying about be behind my back. I know that you shouldnt worry about such things, but I do. I also wont Skype anyone cos all I see looking back at me is my big fat face with all those chins. Its so depressing! In case you think Im making any of this up, I am now DOUBLE the weight I should be (and used to be) and Im ashamed that Ive let it get this bad. It makes every bone in my body ache as soon as I try to do anything physical and I already have a bad back. Plus Im tired all  the time from carrying all the weight around.
There...Ive bared my soul to you all, its the image therapy part of SW. Im going to be so good, I want to win Slimmer of the week!!!

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 09:44:16 pm »
Mary dont you think we have all been where you are now? I know I have and i cried when my GP weighed me. I never went out had no clothes hated myself etc etc BUT...............If I can then so can you!

With support I firmly believe  sw and friends here can help :)

Guess how old I am?

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 09:48:09 pm »
Mary, I know just what you mean.  I used to feel bad if I ate something naughty, eg chocolate, ice cream, in public because I imagined everyone thinking No wonder she's so fat.  Look at what she's eating.  I did manage to lose quite a lot on the low GI diet but it was being in so much pain that made lots of weight drop off.  Be brave, step on the scales but don't cry because you are so overweight but smile because that is the last time you will see that number come up.

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 05:14:54 am »
Starting today...

It's the beginning of lent, so going to be super good for 40 days then after having an Easter egg will reassess the situation. C'mon Mary, 40 days , weigh in, Easter egg!
Thanks jackie for the inspiration
Mojo
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 06:38:13 am »
Go for it Mojo :)

And Mary too?

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 09:09:30 am »
Yep..all systems go over here ladies. Im having the same breakfast Ive had for the last 3 days, scrambled egg (made in the microwave with just a drop of milk) with ryvitas with marmite on. Its a lush breakfast and keeps me going till lunchtime. Ill have some soup then, followed by fruit and a yoghurt. I havent worked out tonight's tea yet, but a low fat spag bol is well on the cards as its a bloomin cold day. However, it could equally be roast lamb with lots of veggies..such choices.
I cant even drop sugar from my drinks, or milk as I only drink black coffee and havent taken sugar in drinks for years.
Im going to be calling my old school friend this morning, Im back in touch with her after a few years. Now she certainly doesnt look her age, and even after 4 children she is a slim as ever and still stunning. I certainly want to lose this blubber before I see her in the flesh.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 09:43:18 am »
Jackie, the slim pictures of you look more like your daughter. You must be so pleased and proud.
I am going to do it but have a couple of things in the way first so won't start it until I get really organised.
Sally

Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Tamsaddle

• Joined May 2011
  • Hampshire, near Portsmouth
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 11:29:44 am »
The before and after photos are amazing and a real inspiration.   Congratulations - it was a massive amount to lose in only 9 months.   I tried SW years ago and lost a bit, but our group was very uninspired and unmotivated and I gave up too, nowhere near my target weight.   My problem is being a classic yo-yo dieter, usually manage to get a reasonable amount of weight off using different diets each time, swear I'll never put it back on again, but without fail regain it all in the next year/two years.   I believe that happens to a lot of others too.   Does SW address that problem too?   Tamsaddle

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 04:29:35 pm »
You can do this Mary and the menu you have sounds great. Im having spag bol tonight made with quorn mince though as Im on green plan

Thank you Bionic, I think people do look younger when they are slimmer.

Yes SW is a life long healthy eating regime rather than a diet as most people know it. Im never hungry on it and still do have anything I want just in moderation so wont put the weight back on

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 06:42:02 pm »
My sister is almost four years younger than me and has recently managed to lose 3 stones over the last year at the recommended rate.  However, although her body is slim and fir, due to regularly going to the gym, her face is now lined and she looks older than me.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 06:58:30 pm »
My sister is almost four years younger than me and has recently managed to lose 3 stones over the last year at the recommended rate.  However, although her body is slim and fir, due to regularly going to the gym, her face is now lined and she looks older than me.
I must admit, I do wonder where all the excess skin is going to go as Im not spring chicken so its not just going to snap back into place. Mind you, Ive got to lose the weight first havent I?

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 07:56:08 pm »
Can I start this off a little more by saying I want to lose 8lbs. I know its nothing compared to some now but  Im over my target weight so need to lose it. I REALLY pigged out at Christmas and am now back on track

So this week my aim is 2lbs

Please can you guys say what you aim to lose this week?

Can we all synchronize our weighing so we weigh ourselves on say a Tuesday every week and see how we do?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS