Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone want Slimming World diet help?  (Read 43638 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Anyone want Slimming World diet help?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 08:42:34 pm »
I'm happy to start next Tuesday, as I'm going away for a long weekend.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 10:04:54 pm »

I must admit, I do wonder where all the excess skin is going to go as Im not spring chicken so its not just going to snap back into place. Mind you, Ive got to lose the weight first havent I?

Just tie it in a knot and tuck it in your knickers.   :roflanim:

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 07:36:33 am »
WELL THAT'S OFFICIAL..........IM DEPRESSED!!!
Finally plucked up the courage to get on those damned scales....they've NEVER liked me, I dont know what I've done to upset them other than stand on them!!
It showed that I was 10lbs MORE than I thought I was, so Ive got all that to lose to get back to where I used to be. Im just so relieved that I was very good yesterday, and am still full of enthusiasm. Despite my bad back and stomach, Im going to try and stay active today, Ive got some feed bags to empty into bins as well as a lot of tidying up to do. We've also got go clear a space to get our treadmill out so that I can start some gentle walking Im not going to let it get me down..Im not going to let me get me...........

mojocafa

• Joined Sep 2012
  • Angus
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 07:50:46 am »
I too got a shock when I stood on the scales, but let's be honest, secretly knew it wasn't going to be good news as I've been putting the weigh in off for so long!

Anyhow that's the worst over,  had a very good day yesterday,  what helped me was I prepared a lush bowl of fruit salad, which I picked at all day, rather than going for biscuits or crisps to snack on . eating an apple just doesn't appeal to me, however, mix it with 1/2 tin manderins, chopped pineapple, few grapes , and kiwi and it was quite delish
pygmy goats, gsd, border collie, scots dumpys, cochins, araucanas, shetland ducks and geese,  marrans, and pea fowl in a pear tree.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2013, 07:59:36 am »
I too got a shock when I stood on the scales, but let's be honest, secretly knew it wasn't going to be good news as I've been putting the weigh in off for so long!

Anyhow that's the worst over,  had a very good day yesterday,  what helped me was I prepared a lush bowl of fruit salad, which I picked at all day, rather than going for biscuits or crisps to snack on . eating an apple just doesn't appeal to me, however, mix it with 1/2 tin manderins, chopped pineapple, few grapes , and kiwi and it was quite delish
That sounds lovely. Ive actually got all of the above in the fridge so I think Ill steal your idea if you dont mind! I also love to nibble carrots too. Ive always got pounds of them...perhaps Ill make some carrot and tomato soup later on. Sorry your news wasnt too good either mojo (can I call you mojo?) its a real bummer isnt it!

Tamsaddle

• Joined May 2011
  • Hampshire, near Portsmouth
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 08:01:45 am »
Don't be depressed you stood on the scales NM.   You have taken the first important step to stop deluding yourself about your weight and all the overeating you have been doing.   I too avoid the scales like the plague when I am eating too much, but when I eventually do force myself to get on them, finally knowing just how bad things have got always provides the kickstart I need to wake up, get my head out of the sand, and start doing something positive about it.   You will succeed if you are determined enough !!!!   Because the rewards of feeling fitter and lighter, even though they are months away, are ALWAYS WORTH IT.   Just look again at those pics of Jackie - Tamsaddle

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 08:32:56 am »
I've just been bought chocolates for Valentines day so its  :(  and  :)
Still, I had already said I am not starting for another couple of weeks and choccies will be long gone before then.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Marches Farmer

• Joined Dec 2012
  • Herefordshire
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2013, 08:58:51 am »
Just a thought, or two .....  Don't get too fixated on weight - if you're active then some of it, at least, will be more muscle than the average person carries around, and that weighs more than fat.  If you have a craving for something sweet try eating something sour (pickled gherkin or onion) or salty (a few salted nuts) instead.  If you know you're going to have an energy dip in the day do have some carbohydrate for slow-release energy.  Better a slice of toast at breakfast than a Mars bar at 11.00 a.m.!

This is based on how F1 drivers train - and it works!

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2013, 09:04:23 am »
Girls now you know the worst so its all good and you know what you are battling. We can do this you know.

If anyone needs recipes just shout

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2013, 12:58:37 pm »
I noticed someone mentioned about loose skin after dieting, well, I cannot lie I have had extensive cosmetic surgery to get rid of mine. Im post menopausal and it doesnt snap back very well.

Feel free to ask about it if you wish.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 03:59:16 pm »
I noticed someone mentioned about loose skin after dieting, well, I cannot lie I have had extensive cosmetic surgery to get rid of mine. Im post menopausal and it doesnt snap back very well.

Feel free to ask about it if you wish.
But at least you're healthy - that's why I'd do it - not for looks ::)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 04:01:20 pm »
Well there's no way I could afford to have cosmetic surgery, so Ill just have to do what MGM says and tuck into my knickers :roflanim:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 04:07:21 pm »
Well there's no way I could afford to have cosmetic surgery, so Ill just have to do what MGM says and tuck into my knickers :roflanim:
It was my sister's neck and face that aged her - no way she could get that down her pants  :roflanim: :roflanim:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 04:24:52 pm »
It was my sister's neck and face that aged her - no way she could get that down her pants  :roflanim: :roflanim:
Well I think thats what Simon Cowell does  :roflanim: :roflanim:
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 05:44:14 pm »
You dont have to get down to a level where you have too much loose skin though girls, I just got a bit manic with it all :(

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS