Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone want Slimming World diet help?  (Read 43639 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Anyone want Slimming World diet help?
« Reply #210 on: May 14, 2013, 01:34:00 pm »
I think its John, Anyway, if you are serious about the diet then the bread and butter has to go I'm afraid. You don't need to cut it out completely but at every meal won't work. Not in between meals either  :roflanim:
I like my red wine too but limit it to a couple of glasses on Friday and Sat and it doesn't seem to do any harm.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #211 on: May 14, 2013, 02:07:51 pm »
I've not only fallen by teh wayside or off the wagon, I've also put more back on.  I'm a bit depressed just now so that's probably why.  No particular reason, just that bad parts of my life keep popping into my head and I can't seem to stop them at the minute. :'( :-[
I DID weigh myself yesterday morning, and I DID watch my intake yesterday and today.
Walking the dogs an hour and a half every day has never helped - I've done that all my life, and right now I'm barely fit for that.

I thought about joining a local walking group but I can't walk any distance and they don't allow dogs so I'd still have to take the hounds out - so even once I was up to speed that would be 5 hours walking a day - i Just don't have time for that.
It's just all too much just now, and I can't see a way out.  I know all the cliches of a day at a time, an hour at a time etc etc. :gloomy:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #212 on: May 14, 2013, 02:47:26 pm »
I am not dieating at the moment but should, last week all I wanted to do was sleep and my joints felt rusty and bolted together, never sure what it is but I felt too ill to go across to see the Dr, anyway, my point is, when you are not 100% diets go out the window, mind you, this week, I do not want to sleep and my joints are not too bad, I have gone off food, but then eat the wrong stuff...(never go off sweets or crisps) once we sell up I will get a handle on it all.......some times depressive moods take over and lack of sunshine does not help!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2013, 05:35:18 pm »
I wasn't being very strict with myself and had stayed the same so I have been eating salad twice a day and GAINED three pounds. This is so unfair.  :rant: :rant:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
  • WARNING,,,MAY SAY WHAT HE BELIEVES
    • Facebook
« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2013, 08:30:57 pm »
yep its me John...Helen can eat like a pig and still remain looking like a stick ...... bad helen..... :)

happygolucky

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2013, 08:45:22 pm »
 :roflanim: I can eat like a pig too...trouble is..I begin to look more and more like one :innocent:

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2013, 09:39:22 pm »
 :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim: i soooo know what you mean..anyway..back on topic...am i a lost cause...i can cut down on the B&B..but no way can i give that up..why does all the great tasting food make you fat..and please do not tell me a lettuce sandwhich taste 's great

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2013, 07:35:03 am »
John, I am following the slimming world diet (sort of), although don't go to a meeting. I have some books from old that I use and get the magazine from the supermarket.
I find the main thing for me is planning. If I know in advance what I am going to make for dinner then it gets a bit easier. There really isn't anything on this diet that you can't have. Its just about being more careful with some things than others.
Tonights dinner is ham, eggs and chips (slimming world chips), followed by stewed plum and rhubarb with yogurt.   
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

john and helen

• Joined Mar 2013
  • Devon
    • Facebook
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2013, 08:47:12 pm »
well tonight i had two bits of fish..some salad and 1 piece of B&B..i have weighed my self and am hitting 14 &  1/4 stone......ile keep a record over the week and see if i can loose a bit...

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2013, 09:22:37 pm »
John, have you added your name to the post in the Members' section?  http://www.accidentalsmallholder.net/forum/index.php?topic=31492.0

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS