Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone want Slimming World diet help?  (Read 43636 times)

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
Anyone want Slimming World diet help?
« on: February 10, 2013, 02:58:46 pm »
Ive lost 9 stone on SW in 9 months so if anyone wants a little help, recipes and encouragement just ask :)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Anyone want Slimming World diet help?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 05:02:31 pm »
Wow Jackie, thats fantastic.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I did slimming world some years ago and lost 3.5 stones so I know it works too.  I really need to loose weight again. Just need to get motivated to start again.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 06:56:41 pm »
Thank you I went from a size 24 to a 10 :)

How I kept myself motivated was standing in front of the mirror naked and jiggling and the bits that wobbled had to go, apart from the boobs of course lol

Good luck if you start again :)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 10:21:12 pm »
Wow that is impressive.  You've lost the weight of a whole person.  How tall are you?  I was a 24 but I am 5ft 9ins.  Size 18 now and would like to go down some more.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 10:32:54 pm »
How can you help someone with no willpower and no motivation - me?  :'( :'( :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 09:40:57 am »
Annie, I'm not ready to start my diet, no, healthy eating, for a couple of weeks but after that perhaps we could motivate each other
Sally

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 09:48:46 am »
Worth a try, Sally.  I know what I do wrong - I don't plan ahead, so when I am hungry I reach for the bread, butter and cheese.  I don't bother cooking for just myself.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 11:11:59 am »
Annie, I know the answer to that one. Don't buy the bread, butter and cheese.

I know its difficult cooking for one. I was in that position for many years but as you already know planning ahead is the key. You could perhaps cook several healthy meals in one go and then when you are hungry you would have something to hand. 

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 10:03:49 pm »
Just what I was going to suggest, Sally.  I make up a huge pot of stew with loads of veggies that can be frozen in small portions.  all you have to do then is dig one out of the freezer and slam it in the microwave.

Annie, I'm with you on the not bothering to cook.  When my OH was away training with his latest dog, I lived on salad all week.  Oh and the odd baked potato.  Not really salad weather at the moment, I know but a big pot of soup on the go...... :yum:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 09:10:34 am »
Mmmm, I love baked potates but with loads of butter and cheese  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 03:00:34 pm »
I know everyone says making soup is easy and delicious - sorry, but I don't agree.  Don't like it, like something to chew on, and I make rotten soup anyway.  I haven't time to cook either.  I have a slow cooker so I can maybe use that.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 06:21:47 pm »
Annie, I used to make delicious low calorie chicken casserole in my slow cooker. You could fill the cooker up and you will then have several portions with something to chew on  ;D

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 06:34:12 pm »
I know everyone says making soup is easy and delicious - sorry, but I don't agree.  Don't like it, like something to chew on, and I make rotten soup anyway.  I haven't time to cook either.  I have a slow cooker so I can maybe use that.
Dont know if this helps, but I make a huge vat of veggie soup in my pressure cooker. I put in carrots, onions, swede, leeks, celery and a tin of tomatoes plus some puree with some chopped lean bacon and a couple of pints of veggie stock. Bring it up to steam and let it do its thing for half an hour. When its de-steamed, take the lid off, just mash the veggies with a potato masher, leaving as many large bits as you want. THEN add a tin or two (depending on the amount of soup you have) of baked beans. Warm it thoroughly again, and season. Its ready then to use. It freezes beautifully and is virtually syn free on the SW diet. WARNING......It can be a bit "windy" due to the veg and beans, so dont eat it before a first date! :roflanim:

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 06:40:43 pm »
Just a thought. The diet section on the forum has been archived. Perhaps we can get Dan to bring it into the members only section again and we can use it as our very own slimming club. I too have all the SW books thanks to my friend in the UK so I could answer most questions too. I used to go to the classes when I was living in Swindon and even I did quite well!
I for one, have a real reason to want to lose weight. I will be going over to the other side if the channel in about a year and I want to look GOOD!!!!

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 09:11:10 pm »
These should give you all inspiration, I hope :) Gotta love Slimming World

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS