Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone want Slimming World diet help?  (Read 43823 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Anyone want Slimming World diet help?
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2013, 10:34:29 am »
Glad you are both back on the straight and narrow.

I am still going although only lost half a pound this week.  Still, I'm not complaining only one pound to go until I have lost a stone.  :fc:  that I manage it this week.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2013, 10:35:04 am »
Well done  :thumbsup:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2013, 11:30:05 am »
My problem is I forget about eating until my stomach rumbles then it's urgent and I grab whatever is available. :innocent:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2013, 11:53:00 am »
Im a bit of a fishaholic which is a good thing, and luckily yesterday at the supermarket they had trout filets and salmon filets on offer. I like to alternate between fish and chicken for my dinner each night, with either salad or veggies. Also bought a lovely tray of strawberries (1kg) as they too were on offer. Add them to the other frozen  berries we love at the moment for our puddings, we should be as fit as fleas very soon!

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2013, 12:13:06 pm »
I've just put my vital stats (!) on the weight loss thread...has to be done, achey feet, knees, shoulders!

I lost a stone with WW last year and it has stayed off.  OH went away on Friday for a few days and I have just gone mad with binging - hopeless.  So today back on track - I am using My fitness Pal for calorie counting which is really helpful and free....

I am also (don't laugh) using some visualisation techniques at night - I have a pic of me at 35 and 10 stone which I try and '''see" in my head and think of being that size, feeling the good feelings I would feel if I were. Can't hurt and might help.

So far so good today - 5/6pm is my worst time.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2013, 01:14:11 pm »
fifixx, at 5/6pm come on here.  Even I can't eat and type at the same time  :roflanim:

Jackie 2

• Joined May 2010
  • North Killingholme
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2013, 01:17:51 pm »
Anne couldnt you plan your meals in advance?I know that helped me

Mary you have a healthy diet having fish and chicken.

Fifixx I wouldnt presume to laugh at you and if truth be told its a great thing to do visualizing yourself slim.

Im all for anything that helps as losing weight, and keeping it off is so hard :(

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2013, 02:45:46 pm »
I've just put my vital stats (!) on the weight loss thread...has to be done, achey feet, knees, shoulders!

I lost a stone with WW last year and it has stayed off.  OH went away on Friday for a few days and I have just gone mad with binging - hopeless.  So today back on track - I am using My fitness Pal for calorie counting which is really helpful and free....

I am also (don't laugh) using some visualisation techniques at night - I have a pic of me at 35 and 10 stone which I try and '''see" in my head and think of being that size, feeling the good feelings I would feel if I were. Can't hurt and might help.

So far so good today - 5/6pm is my worst time.
Ive got a picture of how I'd like to be on the front of my fridge. I wasn't at my lightest, I know that there is no way on God's earth I'd ever get down to that again, but it was a weight that I was comfortable at and was able to wear any clothes I wanted. I just sigh every time I look at it!

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #188 on: April 16, 2013, 09:00:28 am »
So far so good on the diet with us both. OH keeps saying he's hungry, but to be honest, he's eating just as much as normal, only low fat and with no snacks between meals, just fruit. I made some lovely mince last night with loads of tomatoes, onions and a few peas OH had it on boiled rice and I had pasta. Both are perfectly acceptable on the Slimming World diet. Breakfast this morning was scrambled egg, with ryvitas for me and wholemeal toast for Allen. Feeling nice and full, it will keep us going till lunchtime no problem.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #189 on: April 16, 2013, 11:20:54 am »
It sounds like you are in control.  :thumbsup:   The diet works well if you are organised.
We had a huge dinner last night. Steak, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli and SW chips.  mmmmm

waddy

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2013, 12:25:05 pm »
I may be a bit late with this one but can I join? I have been following this thread and found it inspirational. I learned I was diabetic in early February and have been trying hard to get fitter ever since - long overdue as I have steadily put on weight ever since having children (and they are 20 and 23 now!). I need to be fitter not just for my health but in preparation for moving on to our smallholding; hopefully in the next two months. I am eating healthier (mostly anyway) and go swimming most mornings. So far I have lost over two stone (about two and a half from my heaviest) with another four to go. It seems like such a log way! MGM It's wonderful that you are now diabetes free. I hope for the same result eventually. I am sure the support on here will be a great help.

Helen

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2013, 12:35:50 pm »
Waddy, of course you can join.  Its great that you have lost over 2 stone so far but I know thats often the stage when it seems to 'stick'. Lets hope we can be of some help to you.
Looking forward to more news on the smallholding too.

waddy

• Joined May 2012
« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2013, 12:40:18 pm »
Thanks for the reply Bionic. How do I access the other thread to put my statistics on? Or do I need to do lots more posts to become a full member and get access.

Helen

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2013, 02:58:00 pm »
Loving slimming world! in the 4 weeks I've been on it I've now lost 10lbs  ;D  very happy bunny
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2013, 04:07:17 pm »
Plums thats excellent news.
SW is the best diet as far as I am concerned. I have lost a similar amount to you.
Having SW kedgeree for tea tonight, can't wait

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS