Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what ya doing this weekend?  (Read 31709 times)

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
Re: what ya doing this weekend?
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2012, 09:56:09 am »
last year I made a big mistake of not reading lables or marking what I planted, I put what I  thought were lettice and they looked strange so never got eaten

Oh god!! - I so know that  :D :D

We bought an "Italian mix" a couple of years ago........ same result. I picked some and hubby said "this is a weed - and if it isn't then I'm not eating any more".

End of story!!!  ;D ;D

do that everyyear, oh look that's parsley etc lol!
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Sandy

« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2012, 10:31:41 am »
I swear we ate some flowers that hadn't flowerd last year and the extra tall flowers looked a bit silly in our hanging baskets...never did get to find where I put those mushrooms that I cannot spell begining with shi*!!.I realy  must keep the lables in what I grow!!

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #77 on: March 12, 2012, 08:29:29 pm »
Come on suziequeue tell us why you are growing so many sweet peas - is the Pope getting married and needs flowers or are you selling them on e-bay?

You were impressed how I filled the "metal pit" up after searching for the Fosse. Easy - we have a small barn floor full of metal bits and old tools - the rear door to my 4x4 won't open so 3-4 skip runs will probably turn into 17 skip runs.

Oh - my Fosse was emptied today - what a stinker - but not the 30 something blond girl who lowered pipes into s--it in pink marigold gloves whilst laughing like a school girl.
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #78 on: March 12, 2012, 10:06:56 pm »
Oh I just got carried away.

The varieties had such nice names and then it seemed a shame to deny one seed the chance of life whilst giving another seed a chance....... So they all had to go in. I remember I used to have the same problem at night with my toys when I was a kid......then they would all end up in my bed - a huge mound of stuffed toys, plastic dolls, wooden bricks etc

We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »
Ah that is so nice. I assume that you are a lady as us men would either save the seed for another year, drop the packet or sell the surplus on e-bay.
I don't remeber a single toy - never mind giving things names- don't even name the chickens or ducks.
Easy for us fellas
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr

Rich/Jan

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2012, 09:16:56 pm »
just heard a load of cranes flying overhead - this weekend will probably be the same as any other weekend - feeding all the animals, cutting fence posts ready to make another pig pen, cutting wood, etc etc etc = same old, same old. and on it goes - never ending as we have 23 hectares in all to fence plus making the divisions for the pens.  We have been in France for 7 years now but still not finished everything partly because of the expense and partly because of the time and energy.

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2012, 09:28:56 pm »
Most times I read a Rich and Jan post I get tired thinking of the work you do.
I have a small plot but just as you say - lots to do every day. Digging in 30 degrees sun was nice today.

Cranes - Yep heading north still up the Limousin corridor. They say that it is 20km wide so rich and Jan must be near us as we are often right under the flight path. In recent weeks they have been passing over at 03:0 am ( probably the African mob). The Spanish ones pass over late afternoon - thousands of them so far. What a sight and noise.

www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2012, 12:11:08 am »
My friend put a video on You Tube of the cranes flying over her house.  It was amazing.

chairmanphil

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Oxfordshire
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2012, 09:25:57 am »
no doing much today as i have smashed a hole in my leg with a stray high speed piece if beech fire wood i was splitting! thought i had got away with it yesterday but it is very painful today!  >:(
1 acre of land where i am clearing trees and a swimming pool so we can make the land productive. MK3 hilux single cab pickup which has been completely rebuilt over the last 2 years matt black and cool as! no animals yet except a very furry black cat called Hansel (he is so hot right now)

Sandy

« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2012, 09:32:52 am »
Celebrating St Patricks day with the dogs.....may well fish out ALL my irish music and play it all day!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2012, 09:48:02 am »
Off up north  to training day this afternoon, then have to finish off paperwork for tomorrow's gundog working tests south of Edinburgh, early rise tomorrow and long drive, then back north for second training session in the afternoon, then back home for kids and grand-kids coming here for Mothers day tea.

Have a happy one all you Mums. :bouquet:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2012, 09:51:43 am »
On the train to London to take my Mum out to lunch and give her a nice birthday present.... For the first time in living memory (she's 71....... I'm not proud :-()

My brother has agreed to come too which is even more unusual.

Looking at plant websites on my iPad, fantasizing about the polytunnel and the willow and revising for my Health Protection assessment on Tuesday (vaguely)

DH is off on a pork pie making course in Derby!!

Tomorrow I'll be clearing all the gardening/pot detritus out of the polytunnel and into the new lean-to shed that DH put up yesterday and then digging the beds over in preparation for tomatoes etc, getting the watering system sorted out and making the whole thing look ship shape and ready for work.
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

deepinthewoods

« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2012, 10:28:19 am »
creocote ing all the fences, plus a bit of shopping for some climbers to cover them up. all good fun.
then off to heligan tomorrow so my ex can get a day out and a bit of heligan sunday dinner.yum.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2012, 11:02:33 am »
My new chicken coop arrived yesterday so I am going to spend the weekend putting chicken friendly preservative on it before OH puts it together.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2012, 12:01:32 pm »

DH is off on a pork pie making course in Derby!!

just down the road from me then;)

i'm moving chickens around and quarenteening those that are chesty
tomorrow going lambing  :sheep: :sheep: :sheep: :)
Mx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS