Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: what ya doing this weekend?  (Read 31692 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: what ya doing this weekend?
« Reply #90 on: March 17, 2012, 12:57:59 pm »
I'm regularly examining my goats rear end for 'signs'. The neighbours will be thinking I've lost the plot.

I've also just made a new soap for Its Baaath Time - one full of citrussy essential oils. Kitchen smells very lovely!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2012, 01:07:52 pm »
Come on suziequeue tell us why you are growing so many sweet peas - is the Pope getting married and needs flowers or are you selling them on e-bay?

You were impressed how I filled the "metal pit" up after searching for the Fosse. Easy - we have a small barn floor full of metal bits and old tools - the rear door to my 4x4 won't open so 3-4 skip runs will probably turn into 17 skip runs.

Oh - my Fosse was emptied today - what a stinker - but not the 30 something blond girl who lowered pipes into s--it in pink marigold gloves whilst laughing like a school girl.
I have great admiration for Fosse emptiers. Boy does it stink! Ours is due a good clean out soon, I keep putting it off, but it will have to be done this summer. It costs a bit, hence the saying "Where there's muck..."

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2012, 04:46:29 pm »
Major flare up of IBS so not going far today.  Did manage to get to my writing group membership this morning but slept this afternoon.  Dogs want to go out but not sure if I dare.  ;D

Ought to sweep goat yard but no energy.

deepinthewoods

« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2012, 06:21:26 pm »
I'm regularly examining my goats rear end for 'signs'. The neighbours will be thinking I've lost the plot.

I've also just made a new soap for Its Baaath Time - one full of citrussy essential oils. Kitchen smells very lovely!

is it blokey??? :D

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2012, 07:00:13 pm »
Clean the last of the storm damaged branches and burn, Clean stable after moving light Sussex pullets out ready for any lambing blips and readying lambing gear. Collecting eggs from my Wyandotte bantams for hatching and the usual cleaning out poultry coops as well as the usual feeding of all the animals.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2012, 07:11:46 pm »
I got 40 eggs (Marans and LS) on in the incy yesterday - hoping for a good batch of day old chicks to show off at our Easter Saturday event. The main workday of the week today was spent building a greenhouse and felting the roof of the composting loo. We also planted out some garlic that had been started in the polytunnel.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2012, 07:20:01 pm »

is it blokey??? :D

Unisex I'd say  ;)  May Chang, Grapefruit and ylang Ylang - might be a tad girly, will know more tomorrow when its cut  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2012, 07:47:32 pm »
this weekend I will mainly be staying at home (and trying to get someone to collect the OH from the airport tomorrow night).
the car brakes failed as I stormed down the hill towards the lake and the 45 degree turn,  I made it around the bend but then oil pressure light - battery light came on, fan belt broke and radiator fluid gushed out. France closes at 12:00 and opens at 14:00 but I got to a garrage 9 km away and he will look at the car on Monday. Unfortunately I could not get home as the only taxi driver did not fancy a lunchtime trip. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh   
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2012, 08:12:39 pm »
This weekend I will be mostly, taking kids to riding lessons, grooming pony, trying to heal a poorly Dutch bantam, sorting out ewes and lambs, walking the dog, wooding, planning on where to put a polytunnel, moving my decrepit horse trailer and washing school uniforms ready for next week. At some point I will be sleeping. :D
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

LouiseG

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Appleby-in-Westmorland
« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2012, 08:14:02 pm »
Been to see a friend with new goat babies, :goat: visited the feed merchant, ordered fencing stakes to protect the fruit trees then did the weekly shop, then persuaded OH to build a divider to split one of mini shetland stables into two goat pens so I can start bringing them down to the yard at night in expectation of Flora's  :goat: kidding, due in 2 weeks.  :thumbsup:
Very glad that tea was the other half of last nights casserole so not need to do anything.  Now to think what am I going to feed my parents for lunch tomorrow for mothers day, first mothering sunday in 20 years that have not had either child at home, so feeling a bit strange. Oh and I'd like to drive my pony again tomorrow at some point.

Another average quiet weekend in our house. But wouldn't be without any of the animals, house work will all have to wait again  ;)
So many ideas, not enough hours

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #100 on: March 17, 2012, 09:07:31 pm »
Housework?  what's that?  ???

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2012, 01:03:53 am »
no doing much today as i have smashed a hole in my leg with a stray high speed piece if beech fire wood i was splitting! thought i had got away with it yesterday but it is very painful today!  >:(
Ouch!  Hope it's healing now  :bouquet:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2012, 10:45:48 am »
this weekend I will mainly be staying at home (and trying to get someone to collect the OH from the airport tomorrow night).
the car brakes failed as I stormed down the hill towards the lake and the 45 degree turn,  I made it around the bend but then oil pressure light - battery light came on, fan belt broke and radiator fluid gushed out. France closes at 12:00 and opens at 14:00 but I got to a garrage 9 km away and he will look at the car on Monday. Unfortunately I could not get home as the only taxi driver did not fancy a lunchtime trip. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh   

You were lucky to get out of this by the sound of it.  Not so lucky when you get the bill.  Hope you founhd someone to pick up your OH.

Rich/Jan

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2012, 09:27:57 am »
as we got another GOS sow we will be extending our goat runs in the woods to accommodate her.  She is really friendly and we hope to get her with the boar in a few weeks time so have to crack on with the pen.  Our piggy numbers are going UP.  lol

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2012, 04:01:45 pm »
Just got back from a farm machinery sale where we picked up a Lely Hayzip - pretty tatty but it can double as a project!! Only cost £50 when all the other haybobs and hayzips we've been seeing at auction have been £400 plus.
 :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS