Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A responsibility!  (Read 18365 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Re: A responsibility!
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 06:17:15 pm »
Nobody should ever care about what their kids or OHs think when it comes to cuteness - they just get jealous so don't even speak to them about it! 
What about 'Cuddles' for a name... :D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 06:55:33 pm »
Vey very cute, but think of 8 months time when hes v large and fat !! ;D ;D He will bond with you as you feed him so he will follow you everywhere like a puppy, I prefer to keep them with the mother and turn up just to bottle feed so they dont get too humanised and the return to the flock is easy.  Good Luck
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 07:02:01 pm »
He'll save you cutting the grass. ;D
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 09:17:10 pm »
Very very cute.  Your dogs look adorable too.  Have fun.  :)

HappyHippy

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 09:45:16 pm »
Gorgeous Annie  :love: :sheep:
We had pet lambs as kids, my wee ram was called Rambo, very apt when he got to the head butting stage  ;)
Keep us updated 'farmer Annie'  ;)  :farmer: Have you got green wellies ?  :D
Karen x

Sandy

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 10:12:48 pm »
Will save on grass cutting, give you a lovely rug and make a few dinners and sausages too, what more could you ask for from such a cute pet!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 10:19:28 pm »
Vey very cute, but think of 8 months time when hes v large and fat !! ;D ;D He will bond with you as you feed him so he will follow you everywhere like a puppy, I prefer to keep them with the mother and turn up just to bottle feed so they dont get too humanised and the return to the flock is easy.  Good Luck

Unfortunately, that also being the preferred option for my friends, that was not possible in this case.  The mother rejected him, even with the ultimate preseverance of leaving him penned in a small area with her overnight, with the result he developed slight pneumonia as she was not keeping him warm either.  My friends were due to go on holiday on Monday and delayed when they found him dropped in the field over the weekend to try to establish the bond between him and his mother so they could go out with the others. It didn't work out so as a last resort they called and asked if I'd take him, believing he'd die if he was left (they are experienced sheep breeders) - knowing that I'd have time to give him the TLC he needs being retired.  Teh ewe showed no signs of carryingHe is very small too, perhaps a result of the father/daughter mating?  I don't know enough about sheep genetics to say for sure but Carol thought that might be the case.  He has come a long way today - and when I go in the conservatory he gets out of his bed and comes to the gate of the wee run, adn when i elt him out and go and sit down he comes over and nudges me.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2011, 10:34:53 pm »
He is a lovely boy I think he is working on you!!  watch this space  :D
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2011, 09:13:25 am »
So what's the name then, Tiny Tim, Cuddles, Love You Forever and Never Eat You? :D
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2011, 09:19:15 am »
If you are EVEN considering keeping him for grass cutting (and you know you want to  ;D), get him ringed - a wether is fine to keep, a ram isn't pet material. Having said that, our old vet (your vet) castrated Dickie at 5 months or so for a few pounds.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2011, 09:31:31 am »
If you are EVEN considering keeping him for grass cutting (and you know you want to  ;D), get him ringed - a wether is fine to keep, a ram isn't pet material. Having said that, our old vet (your vet) castrated Dickie at 5 months or so for a few pounds.
I don't think I'm really serious about keeping him.  I would need a CPH for a start, and then they'd probably start checking on my ducks and chickens, and I just couldn't be bothered with that hassle.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

robert waddell

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2011, 09:44:57 am »
should you not have one at present    and tags    and a movement book

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2011, 08:40:37 pm »
shshshshhshshshshshshshshshhshshshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dont say that, keep very quiet about that !!!!!
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2011, 09:13:48 pm »
should you not have one at present    and tags    and a movement book
It was an emergency - the thing would have died if he'd been left with his Mum - are you or anyone else on here going to report me!!!!  ::)

Eastling

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2011, 09:39:57 pm »
We wont if you say your going to keep him!!  ;D ;D
Labradors leave foot prints on your heart as well as your clothes

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS