Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Corona Virus  (Read 28752 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Corona Virus
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2020, 12:45:24 am »
<<< King to be' or no 'King to be' he should be treated the same as the rest of us. >>>

Oops - I've committed an inappropriate laughter crime - the story of my life.  I have burst out laughing in far worse situations than that, and landed myself in very deep caca :poo:  I have a tendency to see the ridiculous in a different light to others perhaps.

Actually, being serious, I think that Britain currently has far too much on its plate right now to be diverted by a huge constitutional crisis ie the Heir to the Throne dying, or even the Queen herself, or having a child monarch should Wills also succumb. Keeping them all apart and isolated seems the best thing to do to avoid that situation.  We have to concentrate on the disaster in front of us.  Yes, I agree that there should be testing kits available so that NHS staff can be tested as necessary so they are neither in isolation for longer than they need to be, and so that they are not unknowingly infected themselves and so carrying the virus to the most at risk patient group. That is something I abhor and once this is over I want the decision makers to pay. I certainly don't know the medical details of why prince Charles was tested, but the claim is that it was not because of who he is but what else is wrong with him, and because of the large numbers of people he had met in recent days, and perhaps infected. We don't know so we can't judge.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 12:47:49 am by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2020, 09:58:34 am »
With respect, the testing is a secondary issue. 

He should NOT have left his home. 

Nor should any of the other idiots who went to their holiday homes, including my neighbours who guiltily came home late at night after the PM's message.

'Stay at home' was the message - implied to begin with then reinforced in every message since
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2020, 10:35:37 am »
But an Englishman's castle IS his home!  :stir:
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2020, 10:46:50 am »

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2020, 11:28:48 am »
My take is that the Royal family have to be spread around the country in times of crisis so they do not all risk getting it at once.  There is probably a set plan that swings into action for something like this and each member actually has little or no say in where they have to go.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2020, 12:01:59 pm »
....and now the Prime Minister has tested positive...

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
  • Leicester
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2020, 01:30:43 pm »
....and now the Prime Minister has tested positive...
And The HEALTH SECRETARY.
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, rabbits on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2020, 05:19:25 pm »
And the Chief Medical Officer.

You know when they said they needed to gain experience of the virus?  I honestly hadn't realised that's what they meant.
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2020, 06:07:49 pm »
They obviously didn't do the social distancing.  That is all the Royal family needed to do - they don't need to be hundreds of miles apart - thee rest of us plebs manage with 2 metres  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2020, 07:20:46 pm »
They may have done social distancing but they may have picked it up from one of the many staff members or a contaminated item. Bitching about the Royals (those on the throne or inline to be on the throne) isolating themselves apart from each other isn't going to help anything other than fuelling your obvious frustrations.

I'm not going to get into the anti-Royal or pro-Royal debate on here. It'll just degenerate into a slanging match like the independence one did. They have taken measures as head (and potential heads) of state. I for one am glad they have. We should all do it.
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
« Reply #145 on: March 28, 2020, 10:43:10 am »
Well I'm doing my bit as a retired nurse. Volunteering to make doctors scrubs (tops and pants) out of my old sheets, I have 3 king size should should be able to sew about 4 outfits from all that lot! Hospital in Shetland put out a plea for fabric and sewers to make them - seems they just can't keep up with the demand for fresh outfits and laundering - what has this country come to  ::) anyway I'll be a bit busy for a while, wish me luck  :relief:
In the depths of winter, I found there was in me an invincible summer - Camus

www.thecreativecroft.co.uk

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2020, 12:31:11 pm »
Well I'm doing my bit as a retired nurse. Volunteering to make doctors scrubs (tops and pants) out of my old sheets, I have 3 king size should should be able to sew about 4 outfits from all that lot! Hospital in Shetland put out a plea for fabric and sewers to make them - seems they just can't keep up with the demand for fresh outfits and laundering - what has this country come to  ::) anyway I'll be a bit busy for a while, wish me luck  :relief:

What a brilliant idea Polyanya  :thumbsup:   It's years since I last used my sewing machine, and when I tried I couldn't get it to work. Unfortunately I don't think knitted scrubs would work.

It is shocking that stocks and stores of everything from food to hospital essentials have been allowed to get down to ridiculously low levels.  There simply are no reserves, or they all come from China and this time they have needed everything they produce themselves. And there is no Planet B to import from to the Earth

I am sizzling that Boris has given the contracts for ventilators to Dyson and JCB - neither of which has made them before so will have to set up the tooling ability before they can even begin to think about producing the ventilators we need now.  But of course they are major Tory party fund donors.  The contracts should have gone to those who already manufacture ventilators, and support have been given to them to ramp up production.  Politics versus lives!

harmony

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2020, 03:13:26 pm »

Well done Polyanya. 
 And yes Fleecewife it is shocking.

I just can't imagine how awful the conditions are for frontline NHS staff. Trying to cope with patients but then also not knowing if you'll succumb or take it home to your loved ones. I hope once this over that those staff are recognised and rewarded in some way. Extra paid holidays. I don't know. The physical and emotional effort needed must be completely draining.

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #148 on: March 28, 2020, 03:25:39 pm »
I am sizzling that Boris has given the contracts for ventilators to Dyson and JCB - neither of which has made them before so will have to set up the tooling ability before they can even begin to think about producing the ventilators we need now.  But of course they are major Tory party fund donors.  The contracts should have gone to those who already manufacture ventilators, and support have been given to them to ramp up production.  Politics versus lives!

Are you sure about that? The way i read the contract agreement was they were to provide the ventillators on top of those ordered against the company already (working at max output) making them. And besides. With the ability to import a CNC machine/resin printer design in minutes i don't think it'll be that much of a problem.

But don't let me get in the way of your tory bashing. Wonder if wet lettuce lefties could do any better under the circumstances. Probably not. Rock and a hard stone comes to mind.
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

cans

• Joined May 2013
« Reply #149 on: March 28, 2020, 04:17:40 pm »
Let’s leave any political bashing behind please.

We all need to support each other, not start falling out about who did or didn’t do what. 
Plenty of time for that by others later

Thank you
 :hug:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS