NFU Mutual Smallholding Insurance

Author Topic: Corona Virus  (Read 6727 times)

Scarlet.Dragon

• Joined May 2015
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Corona Virus
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2020, 05:56:41 pm »
Harmony, I suspect the main problem will be for people who've been having sex with people from different houses..... without their better half's permission!  :o

I didn't get how you could have sex if you weren't in the same house at the same time  :roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:

Well there's a bloke many a lass would like to meet right there!

I wondered about the "kids with separated parents can still spend time at both houses"... fine if there's one or two kids with same parents.  What if we're talking "blended families".  I know of one not far from me 5 kids, 4 fathers, all 4 fathers have multiple kids with multiple women...  that's a village barbecue right there!!!  Wouldn't it have been better to say "if you're separated; get your act together and spend 24/7 in the same house with your favourite kid" - might be a "kill or cure" solution but would protect the rest of us from infection!
Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible.
Voss Electric Fence

Polyanya

• Joined Mar 2015
  • Shetland
    • The Creative Croft
    • Facebook
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2020, 07:28:38 pm »
Well I'm miffed at the news that Prince Charles has tested positive and is isolating at Balmoral - isn't that his holiday home? And how come he can get away with it :rant:
In the depths of winter, I found there was in me an invincible summer - Camus

www.thecreativecroft.co.uk

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • Wester Gladstone Hebridean Sheep
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2020, 07:50:52 pm »
Well I'm miffed at the news that Prince Charles has tested positive and is isolating at Balmoral - isn't that his holiday home? And how come he can get away with it :rant:

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:
www.scothebs.co.uk

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus - let sleeping dragons lie

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2020, 09:52:12 pm »
Exactly! Who does he think he is!? Royalty???  >:(
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2020, 09:37:08 pm »

:roflanim: :roflanim: :roflanim:
It's NOT funny!!!  He and his advisers knew that we were being advsied to stay at home - like all those cowboys and numpties who thought it would be a good idea to get in their caravans and motorhomes or go to the beach or popular visitor spots.

TOTAL IRRESPONSIBILTY!!!! 

And he used power and position to jump the testing queue - and even though he had symptoms she was tested too - didn't need to waste a test on her either - just separate like all of your ha ha loyal (not) subjects!

'King to be' or no 'King to be' he should be treated the same as the rest of us. 

I AM RAGING!!!!!!!!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
« Reply #140 on: March 27, 2020, 12:45:24 am »
<<< King to be' or no 'King to be' he should be treated the same as the rest of us. >>>

Oops - I've committed an inappropriate laughter crime - the story of my life.  I have burst out laughing in far worse situations than that, and landed myself in very deep caca :poo:  I have a tendency to see the ridiculous in a different light to others perhaps.

Actually, being serious, I think that Britain currently has far too much on its plate right now to be diverted by a huge constitutional crisis ie the Heir to the Throne dying, or even the Queen herself, or having a child monarch should Wills also succumb. Keeping them all apart and isolated seems the best thing to do to avoid that situation.  We have to concentrate on the disaster in front of us.  Yes, I agree that there should be testing kits available so that NHS staff can be tested as necessary so they are neither in isolation for longer than they need to be, and so that they are not unknowingly infected themselves and so carrying the virus to the most at risk patient group. That is something I abhor and once this is over I want the decision makers to pay. I certainly don't know the medical details of why prince Charles was tested, but the claim is that it was not because of who he is but what else is wrong with him, and because of the large numbers of people he had met in recent days, and perhaps infected. We don't know so we can't judge.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 12:47:49 am by Fleecewife »
www.scothebs.co.uk

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #141 on: March 27, 2020, 09:58:34 am »
With respect, the testing is a secondary issue. 

He should NOT have left his home. 

Nor should any of the other idiots who went to their holiday homes, including my neighbours who guiltily came home late at night after the PM's message.

'Stay at home' was the message - implied to begin with then reinforced in every message since
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #142 on: March 27, 2020, 10:35:37 am »
But an Englishman's castle IS his home!  :stir:

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #143 on: March 27, 2020, 10:46:50 am »

Buttermilk

• Joined Jul 2014
« Reply #144 on: March 27, 2020, 11:28:48 am »
My take is that the Royal family have to be spread around the country in times of crisis so they do not all risk getting it at once.  There is probably a set plan that swings into action for something like this and each member actually has little or no say in where they have to go.

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2020, 12:01:59 pm »
....and now the Prime Minister has tested positive...
www.scothebs.co.uk

macgro7

• Joined Feb 2016
« Reply #146 on: March 27, 2020, 01:30:43 pm »
....and now the Prime Minister has tested positive...
And The HEALTH SECRETARY.
Growing loads of fruits and vegetables! Raising dairy goats, chickens, ducks, geese rabbits and a little boy on 1/2 acre in the middle of the city of Leicester, using permaculture methods.

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #147 on: March 27, 2020, 05:19:25 pm »
And the Chief Medical Officer.

You know when they said they needed to gain experience of the virus?  I honestly hadn't realised that's what they meant.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #148 on: March 27, 2020, 06:07:49 pm »
They obviously didn't do the social distancing.  That is all the Royal family needed to do - they don't need to be hundreds of miles apart - thee rest of us plebs manage with 2 metres  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

alang

• Joined Nov 2017
  • Morayshire
« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2020, 07:20:46 pm »
They may have done social distancing but they may have picked it up from one of the many staff members or a contaminated item. Bitching about the Royals (those on the throne or inline to be on the throne) isolating themselves apart from each other isn't going to help anything other than fuelling your obvious frustrations.

I'm not going to get into the anti-Royal or pro-Royal debate on here. It'll just degenerate into a slanging match like the independence one did. They have taken measures as head (and potential heads) of state. I for one am glad they have. We should all do it.
I'm not scared to be seen, I make no apologies. This is me!

PC Anti Virus

Started by jameslindsay

Replies: 18
Views: 3174
Last post April 16, 2010, 03:43:43 pm
by doganjo
Computer virus

Started by pgkevet

Replies: 1
Views: 840
Last post May 17, 2017, 11:20:03 pm
by Mad Goatwoman of Madeley
Avast Anti Virus?

Started by darkbrowneggs

Replies: 5
Views: 1257
Last post September 04, 2013, 07:46:15 am
by ellied
Dalesearch virus on my new laptop

Started by darkbrowneggs

Replies: 5
Views: 1300
Last post September 07, 2013, 05:39:57 pm
by doganjo
Email virus be aware.

Started by Castle Farm

Replies: 4
Views: 1230
Last post August 08, 2015, 06:25:47 pm
by Kimbo

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Little Peckers

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2020. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS