Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: christmas Crafts  (Read 32200 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
christmas Crafts
« on: September 25, 2008, 12:51:19 pm »
Anyone doing anything for christmas in ways of craft?

HappyHippy

Re: christmas Crafts
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 05:53:19 pm »
Hiya,
I've been making cards for a few years and started a few years ago crafting pressies. I'll be doing it again this year (mainly due to lack of cash on my part - but everyone seems more impressed by handmade stuff so I stuck with it !)
The first year I decorated large preserving jars and filled them with mixed nuts (huge bags from Costco for only a couple of pounds) and wee bits and pieces.
Pyrography plaques for house signs, stable names for my horsey pals, door hangers etc went down well. Last year I had gotten into jewellery making so it was jewellery all round (and jazzy key rings and golf counter thingies for the guys)
This year I'm thinking along the lines of soaps, body lotions and smellies - maybe candles cos I'd love to have a go at that ! I'm going to be busy but I love it !
Happy crafting ;D
Karen  :pig:

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 06:58:47 pm »
lol busy doing craft is good

sandy

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 07:12:29 pm »
Happy Hippy, love your ideas, are you near us in Clackmannanshire?

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 05:42:19 pm »
Hi,
Nope, unfortunately I'm in South Lanarkshire or would've been coming along to the craft meet ups ! : :'( Maybe do an online version if I can figure out how to upload some piccies ! ;)
Karen  :pig:

sandy

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 06:31:20 pm »
I seem to have difficulty uploading pictures, they are usualy too big but I take ages making them the correct size etc so I give up....I would love to make all sorts of stuff but am not alwyays happy with the results.

Sandy

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 09:35:58 pm »
if i remember and find the prog i'll show you how on wednesday you graphic prog the know might be able to do it for you.

if you want :)

Linz

Rainyplace

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 02:31:54 pm »
Drying sliced oranges at the moment, usually dry well over 100 oranges. I then make lots of smelly dangly things and sell at craft fayres.
This time of year, I am usually found foraging for rosehips to dry and fighting off the local kids for the conkers in my field (only joking!) Actually I havent seen any kids down here this year, maybe a health and safety thing!
Jo

sandy

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 04:01:11 pm »
I keep finding stuff to make christmas decorations as well when I'm out with the dog's. I used to do the orange thing, I also spray dried stuff silver and gold or glitter to do little flower arrangements. I like the idea of branches sprayed and home made decorations on them, easy for children to do as you can put glitter on cones or cut out shapes etc. I had an idea, not sure if I am delecate enough, emptying eggs and painting the shells for tree baubles, the contents of the egg can still be used, especialy since I learnt you can freeze eggs. I remember making lot's of salt doe stuff and my children eating it when I wasn't looking.....I love making stuff but time is tight....keep it going, Sandy

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 04:05:31 pm »
display box out of old christmas cards

This is cool and can easily be done the size of the box depends on the size of the card.

Linz

sandy

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 09:57:01 pm »
I usulay use my old cards cut up to make gift tags, knowing me they are a bit rough but that's me... I do love cards and remember the box of old cards used to come out at scholl so you could choose a picture to put on your calender for you christmas gift to your family....Sandy

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 10:45:47 pm »
I make gift tags out of old cards - my only craft enterprise. I cheated and bought some fancy scissors that give a fancy edge - very pretty!

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 01:58:18 am »
I bought a charity pack of 40 xmas cards 3 years ago,and as I only know 2 people to send to,I reckon I have another 17 years til I have to buy another pack!  ;D
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

sandy

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 08:23:17 am »
That sounds like me, I know lot's of people and always buy cards choosing very carefully yet never seem to send them. I give my childrren a card each and my ex and my in laws as my parents died years ago and that's about it, so I ususaly send 5 cards.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 11:45:19 am »
I send about 100Christmas cards every year and have numerous birthdays and anniversaries too, so I use up card blanks like it's going out of fashion.  I just love making cards.
Annie
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS