Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: christmas Crafts  (Read 33677 times)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Re: christmas Crafts
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 07:24:39 pm »
Drying sliced oranges at the moment, usually dry well over 100 oranges. I then make lots of smelly dangly things and sell at craft fayres.
This time of year, I am usually found foraging for rosehips to dry and fighting off the local kids for the conkers in my field (only joking!) Actually I havent seen any kids down here this year, maybe a health and safety thing!
Jo

Oh wow - is it easy to do - sounds wonderful and I really need to NOT spend money this year!!!   Any tips would be very much appreciated......for ANYTHING that is Christmasy  ;)  
Cheers all
 ;D
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 09:29:52 pm »
You can buy the small calendar tags cheaply - Woolies I think, and attach them to the bottom of a firm card with a ribbon, you can paste a nice photograph on to the card - loads of them on the Internet.  Or if you have MSWord it has a calendar built in, either for a year on one page or a page for each month.  You can insert your own photos in there then print off and staple the pages together and attach a pretty ribbon at the top.

Jam jars filled with small fruits - berries are best and topped up with a spirit like gin or vodka, seal the top with wax round the edges of the cap, then put a pretty piece of material on the lid (Cut round with pinking shears will make it even prettier) and hold down with these red post office elastic bands, a pretty label printed from your computer finishes it off - also on Word or a Graphics programme.

Pressies for dogs - buy a pack of chopped kidney from tesco or morrisons (quite often on sale - last lot I bought was 50p), slow cook in low oven - lovely smell - cool then pack in a small jar and make pretty as before.  Ready made treat jar for Pluto!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Rainyplace

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2008, 01:35:57 pm »
Just back from Hols, lovely 95 degrees for 2 weeks, back to winter, my garden is still covered in frost. However visited a paper making project and bought back home-made paper/card and envelopes. Took a piece of checky fabric,stuck it on the card, stuck on a dried orange slice, dab it with clove oil, hey presto smelly homemade christmas card. Made up a few and sold them at the Kippen Cafe & Market on Saturday.
Jo

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2008, 09:02:42 pm »
Hi, Jo Welcome back! I like the card idea - and the dog treats, Annie, but I'd have to do it while Dan was away!

I've started my mincemeat tonight - not really crafty but I might try and tart up the jars for Christmas presents.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2008, 03:13:30 pm »
Just found this - The Stitch and Creative Craft Show at

Royal Highland Centre, Ingliston, Edinburgh

Friday, 28 November - Sunday, 30 November 2008

Anybody fancy going?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2008, 03:24:07 pm »
ooooooooooooooo am not sure if an around then but if i am i'll be going
(that time of year i have to go help santa with all his orders, I don't mind cos he give me a vip seat on his sleight
lol
* Fluffywelshsheep binary numbers have gone to her head

sandy

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2008, 04:01:19 pm »
Very short on funds but would love to go, I will check out if you can get on the train as well as I hate driving....I am going to do some work once all my checks are done as I am getting stir crazy again...hope you are well..Sandy

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2008, 08:06:22 pm »
I'll quite happily drive to Ingliston - my car knows the way there by herself!  Quite happy to be driver and my car is a 7 seater, so hop aboard.  I'm free all three days.
Annie

sandy

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008, 04:43:20 pm »
Thank you, I would love to have a trip out and I noticed the entrance fee was not oo steep, I could manage that and I may buy some christmas presents as my daughters love making stuff...Saturday may be best as Steve is here, we get bookings all the time, tonight we have some farmers doing some charity work.....you never know whats in store...they may have to bring there tractor etc...anyway, I can certainly pay a bit of petrol money or maybe your entrance fee...Sandy

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2008, 05:31:32 pm »
Ok, Saturday 29th November we go to the Craft Show at Ingliston.  ANyone else want to come - I can de-dogify the car and then I'd get some more folk in  ;) ;D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2008, 09:07:12 am »
count me in (all clear here)
btw if you havn't been toi the show ground it is really easy to get too, But sensible shoes are recommended !!!!!!
Linz

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2008, 09:30:02 am »
I think I might just take a trip along to this too... Will be a nice change from work and housework  ;D

I'll be taking my car along... so if anyone over in fife wishes to go, just give me a shout.

p.s. I've just become a demonstrator for a craft company called Stampin' Up! just waiting on all my goodies to arrive, once they're here i'll try and organise a workshop for anyone interested
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:40:30 am by Townie »

sandy

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2008, 12:36:53 pm »
Great,now I have something to look forward to...... ;DSandy

HappyHippy

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2008, 10:13:29 am »
Hi all,

Thought I'd post an update on my progress (or lack of it !)
My jewelley & toiletries ideas are still waiting in the wings, kinda got into preserving instead ! lol !
So now, everyone's getting a foodie hamper with home made Xmas chutney (Mary Berry's recipe off BBC Good Food. It's still got 2 weeks to mature before I can taste it properly but the sneaking sample I had when bottling it was FANTASTIC), also a jar of homemade Beetroot & Onion Chutney and mincemeat with more Brandy in it than is healthy (must be why it's sooo good) I'm going to buy cheese (not brave enough yet to make that) from the Isle of Arran on-line shop, it's lovely-especially the mustard one, yum ! Top it off with a nice bottle of wine and wrap it up pretty in a basket and hey presto - Xmas sorted !
Oh and I'll have to start to cards next week - alway's get caught up with orders for other people and end up finishing mine on Xmas eve !
Have fun,
Karen  :pig:

sandy

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2008, 03:34:02 pm »
I wish I was on your Christmas Pressie list, all sounds very good, just the sort of present I like, I think I may get some Pork this year from my daughter, she had some pigs, the previouse years we have had cockeral and Turkey so Pork or Sausages etc would be nice...
Sounds like you are realy busy, Sandy

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS