Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: christmas Crafts  (Read 33672 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: christmas Crafts
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 12:21:48 pm »
http://www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk/pages.asp?purl=Christmas%20graphiics%20page
download for christmas ~ FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 08:36:23 pm »
What a fantastic site - well done for finding this one - I've downloaded loads of stuff not just Christmas sheets.  Thanks, Linz
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 08:37:48 pm »
i actually get their news letters (via email)they send out so i didn't really find it.lol
Linz

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 04:19:07 pm »
I've just ordered some stuff from them andgot a free cd for joining their email list.  Have bought foils - looked nice and easy to do.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2008, 10:17:12 am »
the cd's are good:)

I have not ordered anything from them but aswith the free sheet they are always good quality
Linz

sandy

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 05:36:45 pm »
Hello, I still have not been able to get out and about much, I went food shopping today but the wind and rain put me off doing much else and I had to get home to clean, I realy want to buy myself some bit's, I want to make some more clay stuff but not sure where localy I can buy it, the last lot was off the internet and only about £6 for a large box, it's air drying, I suggested my sister in law gets some as she loved mine and as she is pregnant and has to rest a lot for medical reasons, Clay would be very relaxing and take her mind off things. Anyway, hope you both make the craft club in Clackmannan on Wednesday evening, this time I shall do something, hope to see you both there,If anyone knows where I can buy air drying Clay without going miles, let me know and I will be happy, thanks all
Sandy

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2008, 07:46:20 pm »
hiya sandy, I have a look around for you clay but not sure where at the moment, If i go near a craft shop i'll have a look for you.
I will be around for the Wednesday craft.

Just to let other people know that we have decided to move 'our' group in with the other group which is just down the round from sandy's.
Linz

sandy

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2008, 08:25:15 pm »
A collective of crafts, what do you call that?  :P

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2008, 10:07:37 am »
my sister and i are both pretty much skint this year so our christmas presents are going to be home made things: cookies, preserves, simple bags, snake draught excluder etc mixed into a cheapo basket with some tissue paper cheap soaps bath crystals etc etc it should look like we have actually spent quite alot! were teaming up together so our parents and relatives will recieve a basket / hamper style thing from both of us! any ideas for what we can make and put in would be much apreciated! our sewing skills are limited tho! oh and does anyone know where online i can find a step by step guide on how to knit? i wanted to have a go at making my mum and sister extra long scarfs! thanks  ;D

sandy

« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2008, 10:53:16 am »
I love this idea, why do people think they have to spend loads of money anyway, to go to a shop, especialy if you have lot's of money, is not too much effort but to make something is very special...I have forgotten all the stuff I made in the past but I do remember an elderly aunt, loving a home made hamper, I put inexpensive bits and bobs that I knew she needed and put them in some pretty container, you could even get some nice second hand bags or recycled carrier bags to fill. Home made sweets or cookies in a speicaly made box are a very nice pressie. you can make the box appropriate for the individual, e.g. if they like cars, car pictures on the box...also I love natural stuff like shells, stones and cones, you can fill something up with them and add a fragrance. How about doing something paper mache, loads of ideas there.....let us know what you make, in fact, you have given me some ideas now....Sandy

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 11:06:09 am »
i was thinking of trying to find one of those picture frames that you can put things in... the ones about a inch or so deep with some little compartments in them and filling them will shells, pine cones or something!

my ideas list so far is:
draught excluder
scarfs
pickled peppers and cougette
cookies
marmalade
decorated plant pot with bulbs
hand made shoulder bag (simple square!!)
hand made cushion (off cuts of material maybe a patchwork effect)
oil in fancy bottle (lakeland!) with chillis / herbs in it

i dont think we will make all of those they are just the ideas we have so far! im still hunting for more ideas and then ill pick some from the final list!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 12:03:57 pm »
Go to a charity shop and pick up framed pictures there, you can take off the back, remove the picture and use the frame to put these things in.  Excellent ideas there too, Stephen.  You can get material from charity shops too - many of them have clothes and curtains which you can buy for pennies and remodel.
Good luck
Let us know what you make
Annie

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008, 01:23:47 pm »
i haddnt thought about getting old clothes and using the material to make something else! would be much cheaper than the fabric shop! and the idea for the picture frames is really good as well! im trawling through 'christmas craft' sites on google at the moment!  ;D

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2008, 02:50:23 pm »
Hi stephen, what about walking sticks, also for something different you could make a shillelagh( cudgel secured to the wrist by a strap) traditionally these are made from the blackthorn needs a rough nobbly end. I had a phase of making large hardwood mushrooms that went down really well, but you need to be an experienced chainsaw user to make these. best of luck ...........neil

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2008, 06:09:30 pm »
on the old cloth front
Old trousors cut up the crutch and sew to each side creating two sperate suages then stuffing with old material you have your draught exluders.

Sorry about spelling mistakes i have my dyslexic brain today and no spell checker.
Linz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS