Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Do you remember?  (Read 16234 times)

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Do you remember?
« Reply #60 on: May 19, 2010, 10:48:07 pm »
Do you remember?
hotpants, my sister and I had matching ones ::)
Ponchos, my sister and I had matching ones :D
Wizard( :wave:) sleeves on long sleeved T shirts, stole my elder sisters. ;D
Oxford bags with Spanish wastebands.Bottle green preferably ;)
Platform shoes, 1st time round
and Sugar sugar by the Archies,the first record I bought!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
  • North East Lincolnshire
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2010, 07:47:26 am »
Yeah I surely do but I dont remember any girls I knew wearing a dress like Pixie :D :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Sandy

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2010, 08:19:27 am »
Hermit! I had all of them!! I used to run a busy Bust station cafe with my mum and she "made" me wear my hotpants for work!!!!!! I also had lace up boots and tonic suit jacket that you used to have a pretend hanky in the top pocket!!!! I was lucky re shoes as my boyfriends mum used to get the seconds from the shoe factory where she worked and they were about 50p each so very cheap, I often bought shoe dye and paint them in blues, purples and pinks!!!! I also had a lovely psychodelic see through top with matching hot pants!!!! You are bringing back memories now!!!

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2010, 08:23:27 am »
My Mind boggles at a bust station lass Elaborate please  :D :D :D :wave: am orf :farmer:
Don't do today what can be put off until tomorrow because today will be yesterday tomorrow

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2010, 08:38:54 am »
Oh yes the nylon see through blouses with big puffed sleeves and long cuffs. Did you have a feather cut in your hair like the  Glitter Band and the singer off Sweet?

Sandy

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2010, 01:10:18 pm »
Ooooooooops :-[ BUS

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2010, 03:59:20 pm »
And Brothel Creepers and string bow ties? :D

Sandy

« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2010, 12:07:15 am »
Broothal creepers??/ remind me!!

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2010, 12:47:21 am »
Now what about the tartan turn ups of the 70s.. Shang a Lang !

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2010, 08:05:07 am »
D.A.Hair cuts (blue and even purple suede shoes with 1" thick crepe soles like children's sandals had.) :wave:

Gordon M

• Joined Sep 2009
« Reply #70 on: May 22, 2010, 10:45:33 am »
I had a metal pedal car to run around the garden in, a space hopper when they first appeared and then a tricycle (I was only wee at the time). Ice inside the windows during winter, red legs from sitting too close to the coal fire and blackouts from all the miners strikes. On telly was the Magic Roundabout, Camberwick Green, Trumpton, Chigley, The Clangers, Andy Pandy, Bill and Ben. Lego, Plasticine and Airfix kits were the best toys. I still have a Triang Fort in it's original box handed down to me from my elder brothers (my son has it now) and I've still got my train set (somewhere in a cupboard) and we had an orange kitchen as well. What's more,,,,,there was no GM produce!!!!! (Healthy days)

Annie22

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Hoddles Creek
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2010, 11:18:09 am »
Aah Hermit I was but a wee lass when sweet were around, but I do remember Brian Connolly, David Cassidy, David Essex.  I always wished I was born 10 years earlier so it wouldn't be too freaky marrying David Cassidy and being only 8 and him what 20-24.  I loved the clothing you and Sandy were talking about but was too young, wait a minute I had lace up boots a poncho, but sadly I think it was out of fashion by the time I was wearing it, but being only 6 it didn't really matter and yes I had the feathered hair cut at 6 (more like Mrs Brady's cut though), Mum called it the Dolly cut.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2010, 12:42:07 pm »
I did the white bags with a Tartan scarf around my wasteband as well. My sister was a Roller fan more than I was, I was into the Osmonds mainly at that time. My sister also prefered Suzie  Quatro rather than my Mud! And a young David Essex mmmm.!  My elder sister was into Led Zepellin, Deep Purple and Manfred Mann. All on black vinyl!  My bedroom wall was covered in posters from Jackie Magazine.

Helencus

• Joined Feb 2010
  • NW Leicestershire
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2010, 12:27:42 am »
Good old Jackie mag  there was smash hits so you could learn your favourite records words.. And Recording the top 40 on radio 1 on your tape recorder trying to miss the dj talking over the record..the long hot summer of 76'.. Elton john and blue eyes was no 1..happy days

Wizard

• Joined Nov 2009
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2010, 07:44:57 am »
There you go Helen January 1st 1964 Jimmy Saville intoduced TOTP can you remember it was The Rolling Stones or was it? That and sushshsh as 208 faded right in the middle of your favourite record  ??? :D :wave: :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS